Fran Brown | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
il_1080xN.3520430737_f2ta.jpg

We aren't going to beat the big boys by playing their game of poaching big name coaches away from other schools. You take a swing with a coach like Fran Brown who is supposedly a top recruiter and a bit under the radar. If he strike gold, you position yourself for the next coach and you are back on the national scene. If you fail, are we really any further behind than we are today?
Yes! Exactly! People should get behind this.

Thank you for posting this - really enjoyed the article. Talk about going from nothing to one of the most coveted positions in men’s sports, and due to hard work, perseverance and some luck (I’d say getting connected with Matt Ruhle was at least some good luck - not to diminish Brown’s great efforts). I can’t imagine growing up in a rough neighborhood and maintaining the sort of relentless positivity needed to overcome. Inspiring story.

I’ll echo what was said above, I’m proud of Syracuse’s continued support of African Americans in our sports - whether it be our Jim Brown/Ernie Davis years, our quarterbacks of the 80s or coaches today.

Really glad this time around SU did not reach into the FB Subdivision school for their next coach. Not because it could not be successful in the long run, but I believe it would be better to hire someone who is currently coaching and recruiting in the fast moving portal and NIL era in order to hit the ground running. SU's recruiting reach has continued to slide, and it would be good to stake new ground again.

Good. I want some swagger. Let him lock down Jersey and shut up schiano forever. They're a peer school we need to beat on the recruiting trail. Same with Pitt, Maryland and others. It's time to start acting like winners and getting better guys. I want folks with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to win. You all complain about the games. Talent makes it easier.
This 1000%.

Gasden and a QB whose arm didnt fall off. The whole issue with Shrader is we could never stretch the field and then we couldnt throw more than 10 yds down field.

Gasden would have been our Kelce if we could have thrown the deep ball.

If he can bring in one Dynamic WR and get Gasden to stay and we find a QB to add to the roster to spread the field the offense becomes servicable when with the oline we have.

Lets see who leaves on D and how that plays out. need to find a pass rush for sure.
Definitely a lot of ifs, but I am encouraged with the hire. He should be able to get it done in the portal and with the high school kids.

How many years does Dylan Raioola have to wait for Beck to graduate? He'll play out his eligibility like Bennett did and isn't getting drafted.

Would he flip to us if we let him start next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom