Fran Brown | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this guy!?

Coach McCann is a Buffalo, NY native who currently coaches at a local high school and is the founder of King to King Athletic Training and Mentoring. Coach McCann created a High School Recruiting 101 E-Book that has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon,

David Lee Roth
van halen GIF

You Rock GIF

If Brown is smart, he would ask them all to come and watch and get the team chemistry going with old cuse men and new. Dino did it the exact opposite.
Couldn’t agree with this more. A few years ago, I met a former SU running back. This guy was a 4 year player for SU, had a 1,000 yard season and was a bowl MVP. He played in the NFL and got a Super Bowl ring (I’m sure people can figure out who it is, but I’ll leave the name out). This guy lives in CNY and has a job contributing back to the community. He told me that he had never met Coach Babers. I was shocked as I had met Dino at an event in CA. How could I have met Dino 3,000 miles away and a former star in the same area had not?

If we want to rebuild our tradition, I think it is important for current players to meet former SU stars, especially those who played in the league. Hopefully whenever Coach Whoever is in place he will bring the alumni players back.

I always loved how former basketball and lacrosse players are part of the Orange family, it can only help to do the same in football.

Coach McCann is a Buffalo, NY native who currently coaches at a local high school and is the founder of King to King Athletic Training and Mentoring. Coach McCann created a High School Recruiting 101 E-Book that has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon,

You coming out with that info so quick reminded me of the bouncer on Waynes World with the info on Mr. Big as they left the bar.

Lol. We're not flipping anyone from Georgia. Great way to immediately set the guy up to fail is to have expectations that don't fit reality.
More reasonable expectations/hopes:
- Unsung heroes who were teammates of the Georgia recruits
- Little brothers of players that he's recruited
- Players he built relationships with but ended up not signing (either not enough room in the class or graded out as not quite UGa material, but would be upgrades at SU).

This could include both HS players and those entering the portal.

More intrigue...

So my cousin's uncle lives down South, and his brother's friend runs a Love's truck stop place. So word is, two dudes just came in who are on a road trip together. Their keychain had a rental tag on it, they rented a car from Enterprise.

The one dude was a white guy, early 50s, talking about how bumpy the private jet flight was from Hartford to Athens. And he kept saying, "We trolled them so hard on TV!" and laughing hysterically. His friend was a black guy, maybe 10 years younger, rocking a 'Cuse hat and he kept saying, "Dan, the key is, you've gotta be willing to go hit the road and meet the kids in their neighborhood." And Dan was like, "Screw that, Fran, that's all you."

Co-head coaches Dan Mullen and Fran Brown, you heard it here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom