Francesa says Cal cant coach. Cal calls him up | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Francesa says Cal cant coach. Cal calls him up

If every assistant coach went to the NCAA with something they knew about another school that they are recruiting against, you'd be left with only Patriot League and Ivy League teams not on probation. (I'm obviously exaggerating, but trust me there is a lot of cheating going on to varying degrees at varying places).

The simple answer is that college coaching is a very hard fraternity to break into and most of these guys don't want to get labeled a whistle-blower for fear of what it will do to their future employment opportunities (particularly the young assistant coaches).

And race has nothing to do with this. A dirtbag is a dirtbag regardless of what color his skin is. I could tell you some Pump Bros stories...

[I also want to point out that the assistant coach did not share SPECIFIC information on Cal's early days at UK and WWW never even came up in our conversation. So I have no idea what exactly that Cal did or didn't do, only that apparently he is not cheating now. Just relaying something that I heard from someone more plugged in than most. Take it for what it's worth.]
Wait, so one guy is cheating so bad it's ruining the game but coaches can't come forward because they'll be labeled a whistle blower? There are close to 70 power 5 programs with 4 coaches each, so out of about 280 coaches "everyone knows he's cheating" but none have the courage to come forward?

Wes is a dirtbag regardless of race but you can't tell me why specifically, he just is? Three pages in and he's still a dirtbag without one single reason given. Race has nothing to do with this, sounds like a case of plausible deniability. Please don't ever say one word about ESPN in the Bernie Fine scandal when you use the same tactics.

Be pissed, you guys trash a man but can't explain why he's so evil. Funny how Mark Adams isn't ever mentioned.
i'm with u. jb has as many speed bumps as most. can't blame a coach for melo or camby

Wait, so one guy is cheating so bad it's ruining the game but coaches can't come forward because they'll be labeled a whistle blower? There are close to 70 power 5 programs with 4 coaches each, so out of about 280 coaches "everyone knows he's cheating" but none have the courage to come forward?

Wes is a dirtbag regardless of race but you can't tell me why specifically, he just is? Three pages in and he's still a dirtbag without one single reason given. Race has nothing to do with this, sounds like a case of plausible deniability. Please don't ever say one word about ESPN in the Bernie Fine scandal when you use the same tactics.
Mason is a long time respected poster. What are you? And why are you trying to drag race into the discussion. Strange you are the only one who sees something that nobody else does.

Mason is a long time respected poster. What are you? And why are you trying to drag race into the discussion. Strange you are the only one who sees something that nobody else does.
Drag race into the the discussion? I said if Worldwide Wes looked like Mark Adams or the Pump Brothers, actual dirtbags, you wouldn't know who he was. It's just my opinion. Wes hasn't done a thing and is called a dirtbag, I've asked like 6 times what he did to be a dirtbag, 100+ posts in and no one has answered that simple question. I guess you don't find that strange but disagreeing with the group opinion is.

To call someone a dirtbag to me means there's something extraordinary that should stick out about that person, yet no one has given a single reason why he's a dirtbag. Kinda awkward when you lazily adopt someone's else's opinion and then you're asked about it.

I wasn't saying anyone here is racist. I was saying Wes is a master at networking, the media can't see that for what it is so they paint him as a shady character without a shred of evidence. In my opinion which I feel I'm entitled to even if the group disagrees, if he were white and well connected it would be assumed that he belonged and not assumed that he was a shadowy figure. My only beef with the groups opinion is it's not even their opinion, it's something they've adopted from rumors they've heard. If you're gonna call a man a dirtbag or worse, you should actually have the goods on him.

Bruce Pearl is just unreal. The guy was basically blackballed after the whole Iowa/Illinois situation. He gets lucky enough to make his way back and gets in trouble again! I wonder how that Auburn tenure is going to end up for him...

That Pearl somehow just signed a ESPN Top 50 2015 SF to Auburn.

If you have a team with multiple high school all Americans, you really have no excuse to miss the tournament.

Hope everyone got that this was TiC.

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. You also have to consider that going to the NCAA with allegations of cheating but no evidence is pretty much a dead end street. Real evidence in cases like this would entail bringing in the player involved, and how often do you see a player spill the beans while they are actively being recruited or playing college ball??? You don't/won't see that because there is too much at stake for the player. The guys who come out and pull a McCants and actually talk about violations are almost always disgruntled former players.

Please read and try to comprehend what I have said instead of putting words in my mouth. I never called WWW a dirtbag, I made a generic statement that race has nothing to do with actual shady behavior on the recruiting front. The only persons I implied were dirtbags were the Pump Brothers, because I have heard some actual stories of their antics. In fact, if you re-read my posts in this thread, you'll see that I have never even mentioned WWW other than specifically saying that I don't know anything about WWW and his association with Cal.

Drag race into the the discussion? I said if Worldwide Wes looked like Mark Adams or the Pump Brothers, actual dirtbags, you wouldn't know who he was. It's just my opinion. Wes hasn't done a thing and is called a dirtbag, I've asked like 6 times what he did to be a dirtbag, 100+ posts in and no one has answered that simple question. I guess you don't find that strange but disagreeing with the group opinion is.

To call someone a dirtbag to me means there's something extraordinary that should stick out about that person, yet no one has given a single reason why he's a dirtbag. Kinda awkward when you lazily adopt someone's else's opinion and then you're asked about it.

I wasn't saying anyone here is racist. I was saying Wes is a master at networking, the media can't see that for what it is so they paint him as a shady character without a shred of evidence. In my opinion which I feel I'm entitled to even if the group disagrees, if he were white and well connected it would be assumed that he belonged and not assumed that he was a shadowy figure. My only beef with the groups opinion is it's not even their opinion, it's something they've adopted from rumors they've heard. If you're gonna call a man a dirtbag or worse, you should actually have the goods on him.

I'm not sure what exactly you want here? Most people just read the internet, or posts on a forum and make up their own minds. You don't become a known enitity in college basketball circles by not doing a thing. Maybe he is just a great guy that happens to hang out with high school kids who also happen to end up being highly recruited basketball players. I have no idea. Outside of a couple people on this board, most people are just speculating and will happily admit as much.

What's your opinion on anything based on? Typically you read some stuff, or hear some stuff, and you're off....

Also, I have no clue where you're coming up with race as an angle. So random. Just a guess but I'm betting a decent number of ppl here have never seen a pic of Mark Adams, the Pump Bros, or WWW.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...h-of-a-factor-is-world-wide-wes-in-recruiting

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom