Francis new podcast | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Francis new podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordoo summed it up perfectly above. Getting the first visit this late puts us in a favorable position. Word is that Bolden will most likely pick Duke coming up. So if UK and other big dogs start calling him for visits, then things could get more interesting.

Biggest concern for whoever gets him though is this. http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/...urtseven-he-doesn-t-care-about-this-team.html
Ugh, Dukes team next year is gonna be a monster. Just not sure how they are gonna play all those guys. Amile Jefferson is gonna have to fight hard for minutes, as a 5th year senior. Lets hope Mali comes back, cause Cuse/Duke would be awesome with our best possible lineup vs the machine that they will have.

Yeah, relationship with players is very important. I think a lot of JB's success, and his demeanor has rubbed off on the assistants, is the way they handle the players. I think JB does a terrific job managing player attitudes. I don't think Yurtseven will be a problem. On contrary, I imagine our coaches would get his maximum output by managing him well.

Dave, I don't think the point is how he gets along with team mates. The point is: it looks like he was paid by this club. And according to the comments, it is the same team as Kanter played for? I didn't double check that, but their commenters and coach seem to think this is an identical situation to Kanter. Not promising.

Jordoo summed it up perfectly above. Getting the first visit this late puts us in a favorable position. Word is that Bolden will most likely pick Duke coming up. So if UK and other big dogs start calling him for visits, then things could get more interesting.

Biggest concern for whoever gets him though is this. http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/...urtseven-he-doesn-t-care-about-this-team.html
reading that piece, I gotta believe ncaa is gonna be all over his eligibility - especially if he commits to SU... honestly I have a hard time (based on snail's pace at which ncaa typically clears these foreign players) seeing him cleared by this fall

Coach seems pretty ticked off in his quotes. Just going off what he said in that short press conference, it would not surprise me if this club team (which is the Jr level team of one of the top teams in Euroleague as I understand it), didn't pay 16 year olds some pittance just to spoil their NCAA prospects so they can keep them locked up until 20-21 years old when they become NBA draft eligible. I think this guy is one of the very top coaches in Europe and clearly seems miffed by the idea of players leaving him and his organization for the lowly NCAA.

Dave, I don't think the point is how he gets along with team mates. The point is: it looks like he was paid by this club. And according to the comments, it is the same team as Kanter played for? I didn't double check that, but their commenters and coach seem to think this is an identical situation to Kanter. Not promising.
Thanks, HC for clearing that up. I was actually confused about what Dave was talking about and didn't want to be rude. I was like huh? Did I link the wrong article lol.:rolling:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/sports/ncaabasketball/08basketball.html
Yup, same team as Kanter. Our buddy Pete Thamel was all over this one back then, and I'm sure big nose Forde and him will be all over Yurtseven, wherever he lands coming up.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/sports/ncaabasketball/08basketball.html
Yup, same team as Kanter. Our buddy Pete Thamel was all over this one back then, and I'm sure big nose Forde and him will be all over Yertseven, wherever he lands coming up.

Thanks, HC for clearing that up. I was actually confused about what Dave was talking about and didn't want to be rude. I was like huh? Did I link the wrong article lol.:rolling:

I'm sometimes confused by my own comments. I think his interview below gives some insight into his character. I hope he can become a descent team player. But you certainly can't coach height. He seems pretty fast in the low post. He's got some good moves. I hope he has the mentality and discipline to learn the 2-3 if he decides to attend.

I'm sometimes confused by my own comments. I think his interview below gives some insight into his character. I hope he can become a descent team player. But you certainly can't coach height. He seems pretty fast in the low post. He's got some good moves. I hope he has the mentality and discipline to learn the 2-3 if he decides to attend.

Dave, once again and maybe you've been missing the point that Houston Cuse had explained. In this article that I had linked. http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/...urtseven-he-doesn-t-care-about-this-team.html The concern isn't about his character or whether he can be a good team player or not. I'm sure he's a good kid and won't become a problem for coaches and teammates. The last few sentences quoted by his coach, in which he states that Yurtseven has received money from them over the past three years is the cause for concern.

Outstanding podcast, Francis03! I loved how you walked everyone through your thoughts on each recruit individually. Also, nice shout out to First Lady Sam from Twitter. I'm surprised she doesn't post here; she'd be a great contributor.

Dave, once again and maybe you've been missing the point that Houston Cuse had explained. In this article that I had linked. Coach Obradovic on Omer Yurtseven: 'He doesn't care about this team' The concern isn't about his character or whether he can be a good team player or not. I'm sure he's a good kid and won't become a problem for coaches and teammates. The last few sentences quoted by his coach, in which he states that Yurtseven has received money from them over the past three years is the cause for concern.

I was basing my comments on the way he answered the interview questions. But it doesn't matter at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.