Frank Howard...ahhhh, I got nothing. | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard...ahhhh, I got nothing.

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Been one of his biggest defenders, and yes, the season’s not done.
But missing 2 FT’s that you just had to have...well, I got nothin’. (Sigh)

I said it early this year. We would be terrible without Frank, but won't be good with him. Especially in close games. I think we are 3-6 in games decided by 7 or less

He played well on offense. He goes under screens and it cannot happen.

Do the coaches draw attention to it? They must.

Arguably biggest defensive possession of season and they guy gets a wide open three from the top of the key.

On what planet can you allow that?

Arguably biggest defensive possession of season and they guy gets a wide open three from the top of the key.

Of course they teach to go over the screen. Go watch Cooney, G, Triche etc...they felt thr screen coming and fought to get over the top of it. Frank doesn't even attempt to get over it

This isn't "Orange colored glasses" speaking, but I still expect an All-ACC senior year from him. I just feel like it's his career arc. The ability is there. I'm hoping we look back on these mental lapses as growing pains.

Wow.

Guy has played hurt. Made a huge leap since last year, is #6 in NCAA in MPG and one of the reasons we are even competitive this year.

He is dead tired. He has no legs. He was run into the ground when we had depth. Now there is no choice and he is gassed.

I agree it was a classless play but in fairness to Frank the guy hooked him around the neck first. Still he should have been big enough to walk away.
The NCST player's post-dunk momentum carried him into Frank. Their guy did absolutely nothing wrong before being shoved. It was Frank's frustration & nothing more. Switch the jerseys & this board would label their guy a thug for the rest of his career.

that defense is unacceptable he should be digging in and giving 100% effort on a possession like that. and hes out there playing d like its the 1st half against colgate in november. really dislike his attitude and demeanor on the court, like hes too cool to play hard.

The NCST player's post-dunk momentum carried him into Frank. Their guy did absolutely nothing wrong before being shoved. It was Frank's frustration & nothing more.
Grabbed Frank's neck. Trying to catch himself, but he held on a bit.

Still a dumb play by Frank.

Not having any other option on the bench is probably to blame. JB can't yank him so he knows he's got more rope than he ever had before.

You knew he was going to miss the second after he missed the first. His body language said it all. The kid was dead tired. Probably why his defense wasn’t great towards the end but let’s not pretend Frank was the only player not closing out on the 3 point line tonight.

Wow.

Guy has played hurt. Made a huge leap since last year, is #6 in NCAA in MPG and one of the reasons we are even competitive this year.

He is dead tired. He has no legs. He was run into the ground when we had depth. Now there is no choice and he is gassed.
I'm tired of us having somebody average 41 minutes a game every season.

The NCST player's post-dunk momentum carried him into Frank. Their guy did absolutely nothing wrong before being shoved. It was Frank's frustration & nothing more. Switch the jerseys & this board would label their guy a thug for the rest of his career.
Better go back and replay that play. Player had his arm around Howard's neck enough to tug on him. Why do you think there was a double T?

You knew he was going to miss the second after he missed the first. His body language said it all. The kid was dead tired. Probably why his defense wasn’t great towards the end but let’s not pretend Frank was the only player not closing out on the 3 point line tonight.
So people actually do think Frank tried to hit that second foul shot.

Why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom