Frank Howard...ahhhh, I got nothing. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard...ahhhh, I got nothing.

These threads dont even surprise me anymore.

Dolezaj, chukwu and sidibe were complete non factors this game. Battle was shut down the first half. Frank had a dumb reaction after being dunked on and maybe 2 bad turnovers. We’ve sucked at free throws for 20 years. How about guarding the corner three.
I’m as angry as anyone, but blaming Howard for everything with the season has got old and isn’t even close to any of our top 3 problems.
Look, I’m right there with you. I also hate all those postgame: “Frank Howard is the devil’s spawn” threads after every loss. But watching that ending play out, after crawling back to 70-all...top of the key jumper after not fighting thru the screen, immediately followed by 2 bricked FT’s, sealing the loss. I’m just sick for the kid, and frustrated as hell.
No, it’s not all on Frank but dagnabit, he was the crucial factor in the 2 decisive, game-defining plays. You just can’t whimper away a season like that. Damn!

Not sure how we're better than them. Have you seen them or their schedule or just making things up? I'm going with the latter.

Looked at their schedule. Not super impressive. Arizona is quantifiable trash.

This is another narrative that is so overplayed. We had a relatively easy path that year. Much like UConn's last title. But no one thinks ollie is a genius anymore.
Yeah right, it was easy. We won 4 games against tough teams. To suggest otherwise is just dumb. Everyone of those teams were considered good until we beat them. And by the way, we went to the final four three years before that. Was that luck as well?

Yeah right, it was easy. We won 4 games against tough teams. To suggest otherwise is just dumb. Everyone of those teams were considered good until we beat them. And by the way, we went to the final four three years before that. Was that luck as well?
No, that was a good team

It’s changed a lot in 5 years since we last won 30 games. You need to have multiple three point shooters and you need to defend the 3 to win. We’ve done each rather poorly recently.
We haven't had good teams. No one can debate that. The sanctions have done what they were intended to do. You want to argue that Jb should have been fired because we got put on probation, be my guest. But the sanctions are almost up and guess what, recruiting is getting better. When we haven't been on sanctions, both times, we have been very good. The sanctions hurt us the last time.

Relatively.

Dayton and middle Tennessee. Come on

That team had an NBA player, 40 percent three point shooter, two elite defensive seven footers and 2 seasoned 4 year players who could score. That team would beat our current team by 15 at least.

We haven't had good teams. No one can debate that. The sanctions have done what they were intended to do. You want to argue that Jb should have been fired because we got put on probation, be my guest. But the sanctions are almost up and guess what, recruiting is getting better. When we haven't been on sanctions, both times, we have been very good. The sanctions hurt us the last time.

He still got to the tournament in the 3 years after the ban including the FF.

Let's face it, this is as good as we could have hoped for this year. We are in most games. And we aren't good. 5 more games.

We’ve also blown like 4 games at the end because the guys are gassed and we are never prepared to replace guys who leave early(Ennis/Grant/Mali/Lydon). I put that squarely on the coach.

Let's face it, this is as good as we could have hoped for this year. We are in most games. And we aren't good. 5 more games.
Not quite, but when you factor in injuries and the mid season defection, your point is valid.

He still got to the tournament in the 3 years after the ban including the FF.
Were you around then? We got very lucky. we got a guy that no one wanted who turned out to be great. All time leading scorer in the Big East great. And John Wallace grew up close by. But make no mistake, the talent level went way down.

Dayton and Middle Tennessee State shouldn't be tough, nor should an 11 seed, unranked Gonzaga team.

That team had an NBA player, 40 percent three point shooter, two elite defensive seven footers and 2 seasoned 4 year players who could score. That team would beat our current team by 15 at least.
Neither Keita nor Rak was 7 feet

Our classes have been ranked high almost every year but this year. Guys aren't developing, going to the NBA or transferring.

I don't think it's all coaching but I think it's part of it.

We’ve also blown like 4 games at the end because the guys are gassed and we are never prepared to replace guys who leave early(Ennis/Grant/Mali/Lydon). I put that squarely on the coach.
Fine. Different topic. I am not defending jb on everything. The replacing guys does fall back on the sanctions. But the statement that you can't win with JB as coach is silly. And barring injury, will be made to look so next year. At least in the regular season. And of course should we lose early in the tournament, then that will be all that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom