Frank was so bad | Syracusefan.com

Frank was so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRange

Starter
Up against the shot clock when he has the ball, he couldn't beat Cam Reddish off the dribble to set up teammates. Reddish is 6'8". We will struggle with him getting this many minutes at the point. Our best lineup doesn't include him . We look good with him sitting next to JB.

Up against the shot clock when he has the ball, he couldn't beat Cam Reddish off the dribble to set up teammates. Reddish is 6'8". We will struggle with him getting this many minutes at the point. Our best lineup doesn't include him . We look good with him sitting next to JB.
I really don’t get why JB keeps forcing the lineup

Cam Reddish is an exceptional athlete and a likely top 5 pick. Just because he's tall doesn't mean he's easier to beat off the dribble. Kawhi is 6'7, Paul George is 6'9 and are probably the 2 best perimeter defenders on the planet. I actually thought this was one of Frank's better games. I'm not a huge Frank fan, but he wasn't the main problem this game. Our shooting and the Duke refs were the problems.

Reddish is a phenomenal defender. Frank is limited and made some bad plays at bad times, but Battle and Brissett were just as bad.

Oshea got hammered a few times with no call and was starting to play well before getting elbowed in the head(no foul either!), but 3-13 for 7 points is the bottom line.

Dolezaj and Chukwu are the only guys who had good games relative to their capabilities.

I don't put this one on Frank. Team couldn't make shots or free throws in 2nd half. Battle missed a lot of shots going to the rim. Didnt get many calls our way and OB was mugged numerous times. Offense disappeared like it has all year and we didn't capitalize on breaks that went our way and Duke did. Barrett going off is fine but we needed to do a better job on staying with o'Connell. Battle wasnt good tonight and Frank's one big turnover was a turning point for Duke. A little disappointed but we have some big games left!

Our best lineup is Tyus at PG with Buddy at SG. But against the elite athletes of Duke Buddy's lack of foot speed was exposed. He had a tough time on both ends.

Exactly. Not sure there was a good option tonight.

Brissett has been a way bigger disappointment then Frank has been this season. There were higher expectations for Brissett to make a big leap and he hasn't been that good at all

I guess I can't argue with that cuz I expected OB to play better this year, too. I did not expect much from Frank so I'm not all that surprised how his season has played out. We saw sustained stretches of this mediocrity last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom