FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

I'm such a Idiot for putting ANY money into this Athletic program...
Disagree. Long view if you want the team to be as good as you want it to be you need to keep money going in. What you need is people connected to the program who are the big behind the scenes donors to have a healthy discussion with the AD about change and future donations being available.

First, I don't know why this post was in response to me. And as things go, I wouldn't be quoting C.M Punk about anything.
It was supposed to be Dr Bill

Do it now. Make Beck the temp head HC and see what he can implement in the next two weeks. The o-line will still be a major problem , but anything is better than this.
What? Beck has shown that he is NOT an ACC-level offensive coordinator.

Not sure what there is to say at this point. In year 8 we look as lost as ever, have no QB depth whatsoever, 1 legit D1 Wr and a HC who is going through the motions and has been since 2019. At some point the SU admin has to grow a pair and pull the plug, enough is enough
Wildhack would never say things publicly but I am guessing now that buyouts are not major decision issues, he might show more inclination for change. He could say bowl eligible before as a shield when a buyout made it impossible to jettison Dino. He has more flexibility now.

What’s our record in the ACC over the last 8 years?

It's hilarious the same people were the ones telling us a month ago this team was gonna beat Clemson and could go 2-1 in this stretch (seriously go back some of the takes were beyond delusional). Now we're all idiots for expecting anything beyond 0-3 and as long as Dino can white Knuckle 6 wins we should all jump for joy. Scientology is jealous of the hold Dino has over some of these guys.

And it's 18-42

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

He has had to contend with the same fundamental deficiencies that all SU Football coaches have had to confront for many years.

The talent level on the team has improved.

The coaching talent on the team has improved.

The football infrastructure is going to improve. It also seems that the program's ability to compete with NIL will improve.

And, the team has a good chance of winning seven to eight games this year and going bowling.

If anyone expected a different result at FSU today, he or she was dreaming. Losing to the No. 5 team in the country - an away game - is not grounds for dismissing a coaching staff.

Frankly, calling on Babers to be fired at this point in the season sounds like Brent Axe thinking.
Anyone actually calling for him to be fired right now is an idiot. A total idiot.

However, the next 5 games will tell whether he’s improved or not.

If we don’t at least go 3-2 he should be shown the door, in my humble opinion.

It's hilarious the same people were the ones telling us a month ago this team was gonna beat Clemson and could go 2-1 in this stretch (seriously go back some of the takes were beyond delusional). Now we're all idiots for expecting anything beyond 0-3 and as long as Dino can white Knuckle 6 wins we should all jump for joy. Scientology is jealous of the hold Dino has over some of these guys.

And it's 18-42
But, but, he’s done a good job!!

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

He has had to contend with the same fundamental deficiencies that all SU Football coaches have had to confront for many years.

The football infrastructure is going to improve. It also seems that the program's ability to compete with NIL will improve.

And, the team has a good chance of winning seven to eight games this year and going bowling.

If anyone expected a different result at FSU today, he or she was dreaming. Losing to the No. 5 team in the country - an away game - is not grounds for dismissing a coaching staff.

Frankly, calling on Babers to be fired at this point in the season sounds like Brent Axe thinking.
As my first boss told me: “If it was easy anybody could do it. We pay for results not for working hard.” It was a great life lesson and applies here as well.

And it's 18-42
18-42 gets you fired from volunteer pop warner job

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

I expected 0-3 during this stretch, but no concerns that we weren't even competitive?

Please tell us why other sports coaches at SU are able to recruit high quality players and why this only pertains to football. We have bad players because Dino is a bad recruiter and bad judge of talent. As to overpaying for a coach, what do you think we are doing now?
To be fair on that question, we have never really recruited at that high quality level for football. Came close during P's reign but was still lacking overall. The base here just sucks. I am not defending Dino overall. Just that football recruiting has always been tough for Northeast schools not named Penn st. And even Penn st always seemed to lack top end speed all over the field like the southern schools had. Basketball, we have never really recruited with the top top schools but because there are so many top flight players in our region, we have done very well. What other programs at the school recruit at the top in national competitive sports? Lax, until recently was a regional sport. And as that has grown, our recruiting seems to have diminished.

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

How has the talent improved? Last year we were second to last in the ACC in alumni active in the NFL, and we are either last or dead last in recruiting for the majority of the years he's been here. Not sure how you can say the talent has improved. Willing to bet there isn't a meaningful Stat that backs up the assertion he's doing a good job. His class rankings, record or conf record certainly wont.

And it's 18-42
And not just 0-3, but getting blown out!

Suddenly that’s ok.

I just don’t understand where the aggressive coach we hired went. How has he become a shell of who he was. What happened?

How do you justify going for a long fg down by 21 with 20ish minutes left in the
Another thing i think Travis is over rated. Talking like a heisman contender when he has weapons all over the field. Drake Maye is 10x better
He’s good, not great by any means. And FSU is very questionable in my opinion but, hey, they’re undefeated.

And it's 18-42
I got scolded for suggesting it was possible Purdue isnt very good this year after our win. It’s very tiring being called a bad fan/Debby downer when you are trying to have honest discussion of our team.

i don’t think we are as bad as the last 2 games, I just don’t think we are good, at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom