Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: I know I'm going to lose my season ticket partner over this. No way he will be able to walk to the Dome for games anymore

The new dome and how cool it will be, may entice him/her back. But yes, parking is gonna be harder. Price we pay for a stadium right in the middle of campus

The new dome and how cool it will be, may entice him/her back. But yes, parking is gonna be harder. Price we pay for a stadium right in the middle of campus
Any mass transit for game days?

I wan
So the state is going to invest all this money in an entertain facility that will be even more of a PITA for people outside of campus, the vast majority of attendees, to get to.

Yeah, that makes sense.
I will say that the presentation didn't go into detail on dome, just showed renderings. And we did learn nothing is final, so hope remains.

:eek: I know I'm going to lose my season ticket partner over this. No way he will be able to walk to the Dome for games anymore
I can say this with 100% certainty. If they boot us out of the FINE lot out to wherever, where we gotta rely on buses to get there after all the crap associated with the tailgate it's game over for me. Goodbye seasons tix after 45 years in the family and time to become one of the fair weather casuals. Me no likey

The train up to the bottom of the hill is closed, right?

It'd be nice if they could get that running if they're going to take away parking. Or, better yet...

Build it and they will come. There is virtually no parking already near the Dome, so not much it changing. They shuttle 10K from Skytop already for each game...so they shuttle 20K what's the difference.

They call it the dome village in the renderings and actually have discussed an alumni center built inside. That could be very cool.

Yes west campus is a big site for future dorms, housing. Univserity wants to bring 2700 beds from south campus to main campus and basically eliminate housing on south

Good thing Johnny's Pizza got out when they did.

If it was a large state university, that might make sense. But it's a 14K made up of a lot a very diverse and international student body that aren't particularly football fans and you lock your white elephant money pit further behind a built out area with the nearest parking 1 or 2 miles away, in the middle of the snow belt?

There is no way in hell they are going to have enough revenue generating events to service the interest, forget the principle, unless this is a straight no strings attached give away.

And if that's the case, it's outrageous.

If it was a large state university, that might make sense. But it's a 14K made up of a lot a very diverse and international student body that aren't particularly football fans and you lock your white elephant money pit further behind a built out area with the nearest parking 1 or 2 away, in the middle of the snow belt?

There is no way in hell they are going to have enough revenue generating events to service the interest, forget the principle, unless this is a straight no strings attached give away.

And if that's the case, it's outrageous.
I hear ya, just reporting what I saw. As just a lowly alum I tried my best to advocate for parking during q&a. Doubt they cared about my concerns with some of the more influential people in attendance.

If they plan on shuttling everyone from south campus parking to the Dome, it would explain why they want to make the new annex between the Dome and Archbold the new main entrance.

jr4750 said:
Nope in fact, they basically don't want cars anywhere near main campus. Waverly would turn into a pedestrian pathway, one of three main ones through campus.

Any talk about a division of student affair? All the student services being along one stretch. Think waverly and walnut area was the idea at one time.

Maybe they'll do something like Hartsfield-Jackson airport with tunnel walkways with moving walkway escalators to shuffle people from parking to the campus?

History of SU athletics along the interior walls with videos playing of great moments of the various programs history.

Any talk about a division of student affair? All the student services being along one stretch. Think waverly and walnut area was the idea at one time.
Yes. Consolidation was key. Creating these uniform pathways that make the campus more cohesive is huge. OttoMets I now know why they axed the new student center.

jr4750 said:
You should have heard the dean of architecture who spoke talk about his disdain for the parking garages that are available. The Sheraton is most likely gonna become a dorm

The Sheraton is about the only thing that part of campus has going for it.

They need to redo Marshall street.

Tonight in DC, I listen to a presentation on the evolution of the campus, including dome renovations over the next 25 years. Very interesting to see a visual representation of the renovations and look at the future. Should you be ticked off about lack of parking now, steer clear of this presentation. What's left is going bye bye. However, south campus may become that huge lot we all have been waiting for. Take a look at it if you can, I think our beloved campus is in for some big time changes.

Also for those who loved lectures in Grant Auditorium, say your goodbyes soon!
in 25 years, they might have fleets of driverless cars/buses/obiwanmobiles getting everyone where they need to go when they need to go. might not need parking next to main campus

The Sheraton is about the only thing that part of campus has going for it.

They need to redo Marshall street.
Haha, I was told tonight that Kent said he's never had a worst first impression of a university than he had on Marshall street. I think change is coming there as well.

Silly question:

If they eliminate all the South Campus housing, where will all the athletes live?

Miles away from Manley / Melo Center / IPF?

So the state is going to invest all this money in an entertain facility that will be even more of a PITA for people outside of campus, the vast majority of attendees, to get to.

Yeah, that makes sense.
you could buy a lot of limos driving people where they need to go for a little sliver of the money they're dumping in the dome. it's not like there's any parking as it is.

jr4750 said:

By the time this is completed, SU will have dropped football or be playing the equivalent of Ivy League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom