Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone pretty much knew the new roof was coming, but what about the "other" Dome improvements? Really hoping for something substantial, but $100 million split between ADA upgrades and "other" Dome improvements does not sound like a lot.

Everyone pretty much knew the new roof was coming, but what about the "other" Dome improvements? Really hoping for something substantial, but $100 million split between ADA upgrades and "other" Dome improvements does not sound like a lot.
i doubt the ADA upgrades will cost that much, they just highlight that because they're trying to defuse the complaints from people who support the ADA but don't support all the other dome improvements

My thinking as well
i doubt the ADA upgrades will cost that much, they just highlight that because they're trying to defuse the complaints from people who support the ADA but don't support all the other dome improvements

I was hoping the reno budget would be closer to $500M. Between this and yurt, just waiting for the 3rd shoe to drop.

$255 to renovate the Carrier Dome is a huge investment. I doubt it will accomplish all the things we hoped would be addressed but it represents a huge commitment by the school to competing in athletics at the highest level.

Today is a great day to be a Syracuse fan.

$255 to renovate the Carrier Dome is a huge investment. I doubt it will accomplish all the things we hoped would be addressed but it represents a huge commitment by the school to competing in athletics at the highest level.

I agree but I didn't expect a roof to cost only $105M. I figured with the add'l support needed, it would cost more. So the other $100M is not much less than I would have expected for non-roof renovations and they should be able to do something substantial with it. I am excited. Like you say, it's a lot of money.

Looking at costs using an historic U.S. inflation calculator, $20M in 1980 is the equivalent of $57.8M in today's dollars.

It's great to hear an announcement. First and foremost, we have a roof decision and cost estimate ($105M). So that's progress.

But $100M (by edit) for "ADA compliance" ...? That's a head-scratcher. Is the hotel idea out? What about the open space /atrium concept? What about cutting into the structure to expand concourse space and provide more food/entertainment options? I can see $1.0M for ADA compliance and the rest for general renovations. But $100M ... seems like a decimal mistake.

Last edited:

Now the question is whether $200 million constitutes enough of a "change" to seek a new corporate sponsor?

I'd like to hear more about the plans. This is certainly a step in the right direction, and I'm glad the Dome is staying, but Im wondering whether this will address concerns such as size of the concourses, bathrooms, seating, concession areas and overall appearance of an aging facility.

More news to come, I'm sure.

At least we know there will be no more revolving doors or to being blown out of the Dome.

Coincidence? I think not! Without the bubble it's no longer a Dome, now is it? Bye bye Carrier? We'll miss your name like we've been missing your AC. Wonder what they're planning for the new name along with the future naming rights owner's.

dome
dōm/
noun
  1. 1.
    a rounded vault forming the roof of a building or structure, typically with a circular base.
    "the dome of St. Paul's Cathedral"
    synonyms: cupola, vault, arched roof, rotunda
    "the distinctive dome of the cathedral"
  2. 2.
    a thing shaped like a dome, in particular.

I too would like to hear more of the plan. The 205mm seems light...

It's great to hear an announcement. First and foremost, we have a roof decision and cost estimate ($105M). So that's progress.

But $150M for "ADA compliance" ...? That's a head-scratcher. Is the hotel idea out? What about the open space /atrium concept? What about cutting into the structure to expand concourse space and provide more food/entertainment options? I can see $1.5M for ADA compliance and the rest for general renovations. But $150M ... seems like a decimal mistake.

Perhaps widening the concourses would fall within ADA upgrades? No clue here. I'm sure specific plans will be released soon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom