Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syverud in February 2015:

"Replacing the dome's inflatable roof would cost north of $10 million," Syverud recently told Syracuse.com/The Post-Standard. "Building a new sports arena off-site stadium would be hundreds of millions of dollars. And I don't have hundreds of millions of dollars at the moment."

$105 mil is just a little north of $10 mil, indeed. Wonder what the look on Kent's face was when he saw that price tag? Based on this statement and when it was said, it seems to me that maybe Syverud would have looked a little harder at building another stadium entirely if he knew the cost would be this high. And if he didn't have hundreds of millions of dollars at the beginning of 2015, wonder how they are gonna make a go of this only a year later.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...s_according_to_repo.html#incart_article_small

The ADA references are most assuredly in reference to some grant funding money from a federal source.

I was hoping for like 400M budget.

Don't know if its in the planned budget, but don't be surprised if the Arch is connected to the Dome.
Makes so much sense. Food courts, bar, store for buying shirts/jerseys/other paraphernalia. Perfect.

Maybe Shirt World can get the gig :D

upload_2016-5-16_17-23-37.png

It's great to hear an announcement. First and foremost, we have a roof decision and cost estimate ($105M). So that's progress.

But $150M for "ADA compliance" ...? That's a head-scratcher. Is the hotel idea out? What about the open space /atrium concept? What about cutting into the structure to expand concourse space and provide more food/entertainment options? I can see $1.5M for ADA compliance and the rest for general renovations. But $150M ... seems like a decimal mistake.

It doesn't say $150M for ADA compliance only.

I wonder who is going to have the honor of informing the Boneyard about this?

Sorry, $100M. ($50M for Archbold changes, $105M for roof). The PS article says this:

The school said the new roof is estimated to cost $105 million. The Archbold gymnasium upgrades are slated to cost $50 million. Another $100 million will be spent to comply with ADA regulations at both sites.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...illion_campus_upgrade.html#incart_river_index
I made the same mistake you did - trusting the Post Standard for getting it right.

The University release says "approximately $100 million for improvements that include Americans with Disability Act-related upgrades critical to ensuring an inclusive experience as well as other improvements to the Dome.

I made the same mistake you did - trusting the Post Standard for getting it right.

The University release says "approximately $100 million for improvements that include Americans with Disability Act-related upgrades critical to ensuring an inclusive experience as well as other improvements to the Dome.
Ahhh... now that's a horse of a different color. Thank you.

Orijinal said:
Syverud in February 2015: "Replacing the dome's inflatable roof would cost north of $10 million," Syverud recently told Syracuse.com/The Post-Standard. "Building a new sports arena off-site stadium would be hundreds of millions of dollars. And I don't have hundreds of millions of dollars at the moment." $105 mil is just a little north of $10 mil, indeed. Wonder what the look on Kent's face was when he saw that price tag? Based on this statement and when it was said, it seems to me that maybe Syverud would have looked a little harder at building another stadium entirely if he knew the cost would be this high. And if he didn't have hundreds of millions of dollars at the beginning of 2015, wonder how they are gonna make a go of this only a year later. http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...s_according_to_repo.html#incart_article_small

The $10m was replacing the Teflon with Teflon. Not putting a hardtop on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors