Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm SO HAPPY to see this news. After decades of a stadium with no AC and the further insult of moving jobs out of Syracuse the free ride for Carrier is over!

If they want to renoegiate and pay up that's fine but it's time we took our stadium back from the worst naming rights deal in the history of... history.

Now where are all those posters I was fighting with a couple years back?? I remember a few of you defending Carrier and saying there is no way SU can get out of this deal nor should we even try.

I really should go back and find those comments.

Mad props to Syverud and whoever else was behind this move!

This is a tremendous day for Syracuse athletics!!
I'm still here...

Bingo...Cuse could play hardball with a threat to put a competitor's HVAC in the Dome along with prominent marketing. Carrier will try to get a below market naming rights and design a SOA HVAC system.
Remember it's more than hvac. You have carrier, Otis elevators and escalators, building controls, access control, security, fire and life safety. All made by various sister companies to carrier.

rocklloyd said:
Remember it's more than hvac. You have carrier, Otis elevators and escalators, building controls, access control, security, fire and life safety. All made by various sister companies to carrier.

And it's all being offered up in lieu of more money.

Easy solution. They mentioned putting a/c in the dome shortly. If carrier won't Pony up call a one of their competitors to provide the A/c units. Embarasssment to carrier to have trane units in the carrier dome or Call it trane field in the carrier dome. Could be worth a few million a year.

Easy solution. They mentioned putting a/c in the dome shortly. If carrier won't Pony up call a one of their competitors to provide the A/c units. Embarasssment to carrier to have trane units in the carrier dome or Call it trane field in the carrier dome. Could be worth a few million a year.

How much do you know about the construction / renovation procurement process for mechanical or electrical systems?

So some Mechanical Sub-contractor in St Louis isn't going to buy Carrier AC units for a construction job because the renovated Carrier Dome has Trane AC in it?

If the sub-contractor knew about it he wouldn't care.

That might work in the Consumer market for something, but not in the Spec-Bid-Buy world of construction.

UTC finalized new naming deal etc with UConn that we saw Saturday. UTC owns Pratt and Whitney. At least UTC's headquarters are in Connecticut. We have close to nothing left here. UTC announced earlier this year they would be laying off even more from their 1000 or so remaining R&D employees left here in the Syracuse area.

New Pratt and Whitney Headquarters; New Name For Rentschler Field

Carrier Corp. cutting jobs in DeWitt
Utc provided the land to build the stadium.

Nothing left? There are 1200 people that work in syracuse. Slightly more than nothing

UTC finalized new naming deal etc with UConn that we saw Saturday. UTC owns Pratt and Whitney. At least UTC's headquarters are in Connecticut. We have close to nothing left here. UTC announced earlier this year they would be laying off even more from their 1000 or so remaining R&D employees left here in the Syracuse area.

New Pratt and Whitney Headquarters; New Name For Rentschler Field

Carrier Corp. cutting jobs in DeWitt
An area where SU can do better

UConn stadium had brand names and advertising everywhere throughout the stadium ... More prominent and noticeable than what's going on at the Dome

How much do you know about the construction / renovation procurement process for mechanical or electrical systems?

So some Mechanical Sub-contractor in St Louis isn't going to buy Carrier AC units for a construction job because the renovated Carrier Dome has Trane AC in it?

That might work in the Consumer market for something, but not in the Spec-Bid-Buy world of construction.
More than most

The point here is that it would be nationally embarrassing to Carrier to have that announced by talking heads during every game on TV for between 2 and 4 hours for 6 months out of the year.

Kind of like this one "Hardy har Mr Talking Head, it's the Carrier Dome and it doesn't even have air conditioning".

It could be something like this instead "Hardy har Mr Talking Head, it't the Carrier Dome and the air conditioning units were bought and paid for by Trane, isn't that a hoot?!?"

Not being embarrassed 35 times a year as a big company while providing a competitor free advertising as you are being laughed at has some value. I am sure a lot of value in this case.

The point here is that it would be nationally embarrassing to Carrier to have that announced by talking heads during every game on TV for between 2 and 4 hours for 6 months out of the year.

Kind of like this one "Hardy har Mr Talking Head, it's the Carrier Dome and it doesn't even have air conditioning". Exactly

It could be something like this instead "Hardy har Mr Talking Head, it't the Carrier Dome and the air conditioning units were bought and paid for by Trane, isn't that a hoot?!?"

Not being embarrassed 35 times a year as a big company while providing a competitor free advertising as you are being laughed at has some value. I am sure a lot of value in this case.
exactly

exactly
If I was a Carrier competitor, I would be on the horn talking to Sala and Seyverud already and that lawyer dude. Would relish the opportunity to turn the screw on a competitor.

Hell, I would offer them money and free equipment just to have "AC provided by Trane" every time the Carrier Dome was mentioned.

Kind of like this one "Hardy har Mr Talking Head, it's the Carrier Dome and it doesn't even have air conditioning".

You whole interpretation on this ABSURD.

It isn't wouldn't embarass anyone because no one is going to know it.

The Carrier Dome is un-airconditioned as we all know. How many people besides SU fans know that? No one.

Why not?

Because no one cares.

And absolutely no one with a brain is going to care what AC is in the Dome.

If I was a Carrier competitor, I would be on the horn talking to Sala and Seyverud already and that lawyer dude. Would relish the opportunity to turn the screw on a competitor.

Hell, I would offer them money and free equipment just to have "AC provided by Trane" every time the Carrier Dome was mentioned.

Well, you aren't a Carrier competitor.

They'll laugh it off as ineffective nonsense.n They know no one will care.

That's why they do what they do and why you do what you do.

Utc provided the land to build the stadium.

Nothing left? There are 1200 people that work in syracuse. Slightly more than nothing

1200 out of how many total employees?

As Cherie say, "Next to nothing".

Townie, I'm not saying you are wrong, because I do see your point, but at the same time Carrier thought it was a good thing to have their name on the building when it was built. In the world you are describing that was wasted money because I do agree some subcontractor in St. Louis isn't saying "I want HVAC equipment from that company that is affiliated with that dome someplace."

But clearly, Carrier still saw value in it worth the investment. So it does stand to reason they would also see value in not being shown up by having a competitor furnish the HVAC for "their building."

Of course, Carrier may have only given money for the dome back in the day to keep favor with whatever local politicians were keeping them in tax breaks and environmental permits, etc and it never had a damn thing to do with advertising.

1200 out of how many total employees?

As Cherie say, "Next to nothing".
There are more left than Chrysler/new venture gear/magna. More left than GE, more left than GM. More left than Bristol Meyers. We should celebrate what's left and embrace it not begrudge it

Last edited:
There are more left than Chrysler/new venture gear/magna. More left than GE, more left than GM. More left than Bristol Meyers. We should celebrate what's left and embrace it not begrudge it

So?

The point was that there aren't enough left to have a bearing on what Carrier thinks and does.

If you have a huge presence in a community you act differently than if just a small percentage of your operations are there.

The fact that GE took more people out is irrelevant.

What we read on hear is a idea that Carrier is going to be intimidated by the potential of having competitive AC equipment installed in a building they bought the naming rights to 36 years ago.

Put in the equipment to make up for the last umpteen years of "free" advertising, then pay $$/yr going forward.

Well, you aren't a Carrier competitor.

They'll laugh it off as ineffective nonsense.n They know no one will care.

That's why they do what they do and why you do what you do.

It doesn't seem that they are laughing at the possibility of losing their name on the building so they see value there and lots of it.

Innefective as far as what? Generating revenue or embarrassment? Embarrassment has value or we wouldn't have a law against blackmailing people...this is just of the legal variety and is very effective in generating responses from companies and people. Clearly you have never worked for a company with a CEO that has an ego (most if not all do) or seen people's careers affected by such ego and having their company embarrassed on a big stage.

I can assure you that this strategy I outlined would not be laughed off by Carrier and be taken pretty seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom