Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
orange79 said:
Doubt it. They could still play replays etc. on the board facing the hoops court. Reconfiguring the court in the center of the Dome would cause too many STH's to be moved to less desirable seats, and most seats would be too far away from the court. Just don't see it happening.
Pretty sure with a fixed roof, it would be possible to move a scoreboard hanging from the roof from midfield of the football field to over the basketball as needed.

Pretty sure with a fixed roof, it would be possible to move a scoreboard hanging from the roof from midfield of the football field to over the basketball as needed.
Could be. Wouldn't solve the seating issue, though... I think the poster I quoted was thinking that the hoops court would be moved to the center of the Dome. That's what I was referring to.

orange79 said:
Could be. Wouldn't solve the seating issue, though... I think the poster I quoted was thinking that the hoops court would be moved to the center of the Dome. That's what I was referring to.
Agree, moving the basketball court to the 50 yard line makes no sense and never will.

Ragman2000 said:
Give me pee troughs or give me death.

Updated model:

image-4128836930.jpg

Yea, AC would be kind of dumb.
Don't know about the rest, but guess some are more sensitive to sweating their butts off than others. The Sep/Oct games are unbearable climate wise (for me personally.) And that is two thirds of a season.

Why is it dumb to have AC? Haven't been to any of the early fall games for years. Not worth the 4 hr drive when i have local saunas with TVs. Can only imagine the horror now, what with global warming and such. And doesn't the venue hold spring and summer events?

Any questions answered about whether this plan will affect hoops or fb seasons? Think thats kinda a big deal.

CuseLegacy said:
That confirms that at least some of the existing exterior walls will be replaced. That shoutd mean at least some of the concourse will be expanded. Really good news...

That confirms that at least some of the existing exterior walls will be replaced. That shoutd mean at least some of the concourse will be expanded. Really good news...

All we need now is rattan theater seating for our new sun dome :)

Yegorange said:
Don't know about the rest, but guess some are more sensitive to sweating their butts off than others. The Sep/Oct games are unbearable climate wise (for me personally.) And that is two thirds of a season. Why is it dumb to have AC? Haven't been to any of the early fall games for years. Not worth the 4 hr drive when i have local saunas with TVs. Can only imagine the horror now, what with global warming and such. And doesn't the venue hold spring and summer events?

I don't remember games being too hot on a regular basis except maybe one early game a year.

With the much higher roofline we should also be able to see it again as we drive past the campus on 81. Right now the only view is Nancy's ugly-ash dorm complex.

But if they expand the concourses in some areas but not others wouldn't that create bottleneck points?

what does anyone know about Turner Construction? That's a bit of news that we haven't heard yet

With the much higher roofline we should also be able to see it again as we drive past the campus on 81. Right now the only view is Nancy's ugly-ash dorm complex.

Pretty sure that ugly student housing complex is privately owned and not built/owned by the university.

FrancoPizza said:
But if they expand the concourses in some areas but not others wouldn't that create bottleneck points?
I have always considered the concourses bottlenecks, as they are very narrow compared to modern stadiums. The other major bottlenecks in the Dome are the narrow, rotating door based entrance/exits required by an air-supported Dome and the staircases between floors. Those will presumably be areas targeted for ADA improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom