Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

It is just strange that they would reach out to other PG's. I am so confused I usually have a good feel on things. My guess is they want Battle to commit and are reaching out to others to put pressure on Battle? If they wanted a commitment then they would just offer out or Murray. I am with you totally confused on this whole picture.
I think the issue with Murray is that joining college for 2015 makes the most sense. I think it's the staffs preference at this point to stay at 10 scholarships and deal with the penalties now and hope that it gets reduced eventually. If Murray somehow decides to stay 2016, then maybe we'll all get our wish and the staff will be comfortable offering.

I think the issue with Murray is that joining college for 2015 makes the most sense. I think it's the staffs preference at this point to stay at 10 scholarships and deal with the penalties now and hope that it gets reduced eventually. If Murray somehow decides to stay 2016, then maybe we'll all get our wish and the staff will be comfortable offering.

As far as the ships if we went to 11 I would assume we get no credit for the 2 unused ones toward our total unless by some miracle the NCAA processes our appeal in a timely manor and grants us some sort or relief all well before next season gets rolling. So basically I agree we want to get these 3 ships off the top this year no matter what happens with the appeal.

When is the deadline to decide if he is going to reclass or not?

When is the deadline to decide if he is going to reclass or not?
There is no deadline because I doubt he's planning to sign a LOI anywhere. So the cards are all in his favor and he can take as much time as he wants from now to the beginning of the fall semester. If you recall, Andre Drummond was in the same situation. Was originally a 2012 recruit but suddenly decided mid-August to join UConn in the 2011 class.

There is no deadline because I doubt he's planning to sign a LOI anywhere. So the cards are all in his favor and he can take as much time as he wants from now to the beginning of the fall semester. If you recall, Andre Drummond was in the same situation. Was originally a 2012 recruit but suddenly decided mid-August to join UConn in the 2011 class.

That is right I remember that now. Probably why we don't have an offer out to him them. Thanks for the info.

Seriously, is there a prospect that UConn and Indiana don't offer? It's like if you can dribble a basketball then you'll definitely get an offer from either of those bozos!

image.jpg

So anyone know if we have any chance here after basically telling Murray we liked Battle more for 3 years. I sure hope that was the end of the "all the eggs in one basket" method of recruiting going forward. I know Murray always liked SU early on but you'd have to believe we would have a lot of work to do to get him here with all his high profile suitor's after we have refused to really pursue him this whole time.

So anyone know if we have any chance here after basically telling Murray we liked Battle more for 3 years. I sure hope that was the end of the "all the eggs in one basket" method of recruiting going forward. I know Murray always liked SU early on but you'd have to believe we would have a lot of work to do to get him here with all his high profile suitor's after we have refused to really pursue him this whole time.

I just can't see it happening. I can't even imagine the conversations we'd have with Murray. Awkward, to say the least. :bat::mad: The puzzling thing is that Murray seems like he was built to be a Syracuse guard. And we have had some success with Canadians to, eh. We need a dropped the ball emoticon because that is what we have done with Murray.:confused:

The only way it will work with Jamal is to call him up and really play up that the reason we haven't offered or backed off is the 2015 reclass talk and if he wants to stay 2016 we would love to have him.

Ever see the movie Some Kind of Wonderful?

We're Eric Stoltz. Battle was Lea Thompson. Murray is Mary Stuart Masterson.

Let's lock down our Watts!

Will we offer within the next 24?

The only way it will work with Jamal is to call him up and really play up that the reason we haven't offered or backed off is the 2015 reclass talk and if he wants to stay 2016 we would love to have him.

I like it. Now we're cooking with gasoline. It sounds like bs, but maybe it could work. Problem is: we never were hot and heavy for Murray, even before the reclass talk.

I like it. Now we're cooking with gasoline. It sounds like bs, but maybe it could work. Problem is: we never were hot and heavy for Murray, even before the reclass talk.

Yes we made it clear to all that Battle was by far our #1 guy and we weren't looking elsewhere till he decided. Many many posters who follow recruiting never liked this strategy and worried about the what if. Rightly so it seems. We could still land a stud but it put us in a bad position.

Yes we made it clear to all that Battle was by far our #1 guy and we weren't looking elsewhere till he decided. Many many posters who follow recruiting never liked this strategy and worried about the what if. Rightly so it seems. We could still land a stud but it put us in a bad position.
Yeah, I realize it's all part of the recruiting game...but it felt like we were burning bridges along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom