Georgia Tech signs with Adidas | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech signs with Adidas

Any changes for SU? Notably those joke fonts for numerals. :(

Don't see Tech's uniforms improving much. adidas routinely puts out the worst gear and apparel.

Football specific or in general? I ask becuase Adidas is killing it right now and really putting UA and Nike to shame. Matter of fact Nike was downgraded this week becuase of Adidas market share gains.

Football specific or in general? I ask becuase Adidas is killing it right now and really putting UA and Nike to shame. Matter of fact Nike was downgraded this week becuase of Adidas market share gains.

Football.

UA puts itself to shame and was never a real competitor in a space that adidas and Nike have dominated for decades.

That's interesting. Tennessee just switched from Adidas to Nike a couple years ago. I remember some basketball uniforms Adidas had done for them that were hideous.

Of course Nike did to them what they did to us by combining "Lady Vols" with a generic "Vols", causing a pretty big uproar. The lone exception for them was women's basketball. Their brand was strong enough to keep the "Lady" part.

That's interesting. Tennessee just switched from Adidas to Nike a couple years ago. I remember some basketball uniforms Adidas had done for them that were hideous.

Of course Nike did to them what they did to us by combining "Lady Vols" with a generic "Vols", causing a pretty big uproar. The lone exception for them was women's basketball. Their brand was strong enough to keep the "Lady" part.

I like lady parts.

Are we to the point where if we used these:

9159172-large.jpg

The kids would think it was cool because they'd never seen us in those unis before?

Ga Tech had at least one thread per football and basketball season about whether they were losing recruits because they had Russell unis and not Nike or Adidas. My favorite UVa unis (the ones we wore when we beat FSU for the first time) were Reeboks AMOF. The Nikes we wear now are "OK", but nothing to write home about.

Ga Tech had at least one thread per football and basketball season about whether they were losing recruits because they had Russell unis and not Nike or Adidas. My favorite UVa unis (the ones we wore when we beat FSU for the first time) were Reeboks AMOF. The Nikes we wear now are "OK", but nothing to write home about.
That's funny. When your uniforms styles were released by Nike, I wished they were ours.

Adidas was letting great college brands go (UCLA, Tennessee) before really going back into the US market.

Adidas getting Tech is a small emotional blow to UA but not a big deal. (GA Tech helped put UA on the map.)

Small win. Big win is to Tech for dumping Russel.

I prefer Adidas to Nike.

Adidas was letting great college brands go (UCLA, Tennessee) before really going back into the US market.

Adidas getting Tech is a small emotional blow to UA but not a big deal. (GA Tech helped put UA on the map.)

Small win. Big win is to Tech for dumping Russel.
Hey Mad, wondering what your take is on the next Syracuse apparel contract. Who would you go with and why? Or would you just go with the company that makes the highest bid?

Syracuse is a Nike school and should always be a Nike school.
I can't speak for how you folks think about your MLax unis, but we're really glad the designers at Nike dialed it way back on ours. There are very few of our fans who liked our white ones with the blue "wings".

Syracuse is a Nike school and should always be a Nike school.
Sure as soon as they show they care at all about staying the brand Cuse uses. They haven't made a school color shoe in over a year( I look everyday) . they are behind in innovation to addidas and Under Armour. And I still can't buy the orange jersey after what 4 years? Maybe switching companies is what is needed for Nike to show they want to be here

Are we to the point where if we used these:

9159172-large.jpg

The kids would think it was cool because they'd never seen us in those unis before?
Those are so clean. Love them. Also remind me of a time when we were winning. Have good thoughts when I see those.

Sure as soon as they show they care at all about staying the brand Cuse uses. They haven't made a school color shoe in over a year( I look everyday) . they are behind in innovation to addidas and Under Armour. And I still can't buy the orange jersey after what 4 years? Maybe switching companies is what is needed for Nike to show they want to be here
Yeah. Seems like we've been on the back burner for them for a while. Maybe threatening a move would wake them up, like a fee agent shopping himself around to get the best deal from his current team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom