Girard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

some of you are unreal
Have you been watching? We’ve been down every single game the past month before Kadary comes in until today, he’s one of the least efficient starters in the history of JB coaching and plays the worst defense in the zone in the history of our zone.

I’m sorry I’m not waving the orange pom poms for him having a game he didn’t look awful. I don’t know what game you’re watching if you think this kid is a legitimate point guard or even an ACC level guard.

Don't look now, but between Joe and Kadary,
12 points, 11 assists, and only 1 turnover.

Also, shield your eyes cause the entire team had only 1 steal. Syracuse, 1 steal?
The two teams combined for only 15 turnovers.
Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.

Seriously, if I was JG3’s age and read this board I’d be upset. He helped seal the last game and played well in this one. Looks like his confidence is improving. Lets recognize his strong contribution.
Helped seal the last game? He was a solid -9 before he came back in and we blew a huge lead when he came in. We won in spite of him and his poor decisions on the court. Did he hit a couple of free throws? Sure. But also threw a ball to a double teamed player on the sideline because he picks his dribble up when a guy gets too close to him.

Seriously, if I was JG3’s age and read this board I’d be upset. He helped seal the last game and played well in this one. Looks like his confidence is improving. Lets recognize his strong contribution.
Agreed. Proud of all of these guys, and to me, Joe is right up there with the next player. He's still battling.

Joe played well tonight. It’s what we need him to do and what we expect after playing a lot of minutes last year. But let’s not all of a sudden pretend like this is the norm. I hope he keeps it up because if this team has any chance of making the tournament we need solid minutes from him when kadary or buddy are on the bench.

it’s ridiculous our fan base sometimes Girard basically has three years left here and will only improve
Like he improved from last year to this year even without a leash for 3/4ths if our season? Or like the rest of improvements our staff has made with our other success stories?

it’s ridiculous our fan base sometimes Girard basically has three years left here and will only improve
Yeah...I’d also like to see him play his actual position. If he got the same minutes off the ball with Kadary, I’m sure he’d get less crap from this board.

Yeah...I’d also like to see him play his actual position. If he got the same minutes off the ball with Kadary, I’m sure he’d get less crap from this board.
Sure, but Buddy is playing 35+ probably the rest of Joe’s career. There isn’t a spot for him.

Why was Dolezaj bringing the ball up on the last couple possessions?

No. I don't think there are. I think people are thinking that he may leave if he sees Kadray ahead of him. I have had basketball people, non Syracuse fans, say the same thing.
I live near his hometown, and some people (who knows if they are legit sources) think he might transfer. He seems like a great team guy, but they say he realizes that if Buddy isn’t going to play the 3 next year, he will automatically get 35-40 minutes a game at the 2 (just like tonight even shooting 2-10 from deep) and that means not a lot of time for him assuming Kadary starts at the point. Not sure if JB will commit to Joe during exit meetings that Buddy will be playing the 3 next year. We shall see...

And leave Syracuse with only two guards on the whole team? Joe ain’t goin nowhere. He’ll see there are 3-4 guards at most other major programs and realize he’ll have an even more uphill battle if he transfers. I think Goodine is learning that lesson this season. People are crazy. We only have 3 guards. There’s plenty of playing time for all of them, as JB has proven.

And leave Syracuse with only two guards on the whole team? Joe ain’t goin nowhere. He’ll see there are 3-4 guards at most other major programs and realize he’ll have an even more uphill battle if he transfers. I think Goodine is learning that lesson this season. People are crazy. We only have 3 guards. There’s plenty of playing time for all of them, as JB has proven.
Buddy and kandy need start next year

I think we will find out, this off season, that there has been a lingering injury (or other issue) with Joe. Based upon the kid I saw last year, I think he will come back in such a way that it will be very hard to keep him off the floor.

It seems to me that many people who thought our now gone guards could play (they can’t) think Joe can’t play, when he proved the opposite last year.

If he leaves, it will hurt SU more than it will hurt Joe.

Have you been watching? We’ve been down every single game the past month before Kadary comes in until today, he’s one of the least efficient starters in the history of JB coaching and plays the worst defense in the zone in the history of our zone.

I’m sorry I’m not waving the orange pom poms for him having a game he didn’t look awful. I don’t know what game you’re watching if you think this kid is a legitimate point guard or even an ACC level guard.

You're FOS. He can definitely play at this level. Can he carry a team game in and game out, not really, doesn't mean he can't play at this level, he's proven he can already.

Agree. I want Kadary to start but think there's a role for Girard as a 3rd guard. Going into next season with 2 guards seems...problematic.

Joe was recruited by BC, BYU, UM, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Duke, Penn St, UMass ans Washington to name a few. Do you think that all of these schools were looking at him to play point guard? With his scoring ability, he could be an off the bench scorer for all of these schools. We shoehorned him as a point guard based on his height and personnel on the team. No, he can’t play enter or forward But I would not give up on him. He won the starting job as a freshman over Chaney and Goodine who were projected way higher than he was.

Crap, let him contribute the way he can And grouse about something else. Buddy, Kadary and Joe can split the time next year whoever is hot at the time and the situation dictates.

IDK about players, and I can only speak to FB years ago, but parents do, at least at the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom