Girard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

Jumping to Iona to play for Slick Rick??? haha

Seriously this rumor feels like a load of BS. At least that is what I hope. Joe and Jesse are the two players I want back the most. They were running some nice plays. And Joe can slide to shooting guard and play PG at crunch time for the foul shooting

The rumor has legs if you think Joe may just want a change of scenery or think his SU experience has kind of maxed out this year. With his AAU friends moving on he may just feel like it’s worth seeking out a different opportunity someplace else… and he probably already has feelers out in that case.
He also may want to win.

I cant remember who, but this was hinted at by multiple reputable contributors the moment Judah showed up on the forum.

That said, I’d be shocked if Joe left. It’d be disappointing. He’s one of our most improved players and the fanbase is coming around to appreciate him after being overly critical the first couple years.

He takes some bad shots, but he’s begun to limit those and has to make up for multiple players not working to get open or contributing to the offense without the ball around him.

He looks for Jesse and Frank when the opportunity presents itself. He’s a team guy.

If his parents can drive from Glens Falls I'm sure they can drive to another campus.

Plenty of dudes travel on weekends to visit their gfs on other campuses.
Especially if the other gf is on the same campus with them.

Let's get Hop. Because we all love the zone so much? Anyone that wants Hop can never complain about the zone ever again.
I think you missed the point of that post.

Put it this way I’d be more surprised if Buddy were here than all three gone…

If that's the case, succession discussions should be hitting hyperdrive... Just pray JW and JB have an open dialogue and this isn't a jam the assistant down your throat situation

This makes sense. Leave a program and a coach that has stuck by you from the jump. And let's throw in the idea that Buddy is coming back, even though he has said over and over and over again that he isn't. And just for fun, let's throw out there that the reason he might leave is Buddy leaving. A lot of people here are close to the program. And no one has heard a peep that Joe is looking to leave. But this internet guy has. Could Joe leave. Yes. Of course. Does this internet guy have any idea? Of course not.
And Joe has a HUGE family. This rumor would spread like wild fire in Syracuse even without the insiders. If Joe was really thinking about this you’d think multiple people would be hearing the same rumor.

Judah to me is a Buddy replacement. The only way Joe doesn’t get the most shots next year is if Cole is back, and even if Cole is back Joe will still have the ultimate green light. Even if Buddy did come back Joe knows JB will play him 30+ mpg

First, this could be someone in their parents’ basement starting this.

But, if Buddy is coming back, I’d jump if I were him as well.

If he wants to play the 2 and get up more shots than he gets this year, and Buddy is back, he has to go somewhere else.

But, we’ll see, I guess.

It’s not everyone’s dream to play out of position And not be given the full green light.
What?????

He’s been given everything and more here. Especially the green light

I hope sticks with cuse at the 2. I doubt Buddy is coming back so if he is leaving it is either because the new recruit is going to be promised the 2 and Joe doesnt want the point anymore or Jim is heading south for the winter

Of all the theories of comings and goings that could trigger Joe to leave, it appears everyone missed the most obvious one: JB retiring. Maybe he told the team he is folding up the tents after this year and Joe knows he’d get 3 minutes a game if anyone credible was running the show (based on what I have read here for 2+ years).

Of all the theories of comings and goings that could trigger Joe to leave, it appears everyone missed the most obvious one: JB retiring. Maybe he told the team he is folding up the tents after this year and Joe knows he’d get 3 minutes a game if anyone credible was running the show (based on what I have read here for 2+ years).
Absent health reasons, doubtful. He told next years freshmen he will be their coach.

Why would he lie about his kid leaving?
I didn't say he was lying. Sometimes people change their minds, like agreeing to retire and then deciding it would be better for the program to not retire.
And maybe Buddy comes back as head coach:oops:

Last edited:
Let's get Hop. Because we all love the zone so much? Anyone that wants Hop can never complain about the zone ever again.
You can't dictate what people can complain about. Internet forum = complaints.

This makes sense. Leave a program and a coach that has stuck by you from the jump. And let's throw in the idea that Buddy is coming back, even though he has said over and over and over again that he isn't. And just for fun, let's throw out there that the reason he might leave is Buddy leaving. A lot of people here are close to the program. And no one has heard a peep that Joe is looking to leave. But this internet guy has. Could Joe leave. Yes. Of course. Does this internet guy have any idea? Of course not.
We're gonna find out soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom