Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Nobody can sign fullbacks like the Buffalo Bills
Patrick DiMarco and Mike Tolbert to sign with the Bills.

From Adam Schefter
So Patriots expected to land top free-agent CB Stephon Gilmore.

From Adam Schefter
So Patriots expected to land top free-agent CB Stephon Gilmore.

I just saw that- and he's better than Chris Hogan.. sigh...

I just saw that- and he's better than Chris Hogan.. sigh...

Gilmore is a curious case. He looks unbeatable one game and then looks like he should be out of the league the next. Very poor tackling skills and also not very impressed with his ball skills. Good instincts in coverage, but I don't blame the Bills for letting him walk. Of course, the Patriots always have a great eye for talent, so that makes me more uneasy about letting him go.

Gilmore is a curious case. He looks unbeatable one game and then looks like he should be out of the league the next. Very poor tackling skills and also not very impressed with his ball skills. Good instincts in coverage, but I don't blame the Bills for letting him walk. Of course, the Patriots always have a great eye for talent, so that makes me more uneasy about letting him go.

Exactly. Gilmore could be frustrating but I have a sense the unbeatable one will show up in New England as usual.

Supposedly an extremely deep draft in the secondary.

Supposedly an extremely deep draft in the secondary.
Sure but the Bills need to get out of the mode of drafting player losing them... from drafts 2010-2013 the Bills have exactly 2 players on their roster. Thats out of 35. These dudes should be the core of the team.

They should have franchised Gilmore so they didn't have to waste yet another secondary pick in the draft. Can't rebuild if they are continually cycling players out.

Sure but the Bills need to get out of the mode of drafting player losing them... from drafts 2010-2013 the Bills have exactly 2 players on their roster. Thats out of 35. These dudes should be the core of the team.

They should have franchised Gilmore so they didn't have to waste yet another secondary pick in the draft. Can't rebuild if they are continually cycling players out.
I'm fine with letting Gilmore walk. This is such a non-issue for me.

I'm wondering what we seem to be gathering up cap room for?.. Cut Easley, cut A. Williams and let Woods and Gilmore walk. All we've done so far is sign a fullback, kicker and back-up O-Lineman.

I'm wondering what we seem to be gathering up cap room for?.. Cut Easley, cut A. Williams and let Woods and Gilmore walk. All we've done so far is sign a fullback, kicker and back-up O-Lineman.
Mike Gillislee is a target of the Patriots.
So Buffalo needs space if they want to match an offer sheet.

Mike Gillislee is a target of the Patriots.
So Buffalo needs space if they want to match an offer sheet.

Hard to imagine the Bills matching if the Patriots really want him. Already have McCoy, Williams, and Tolbert, and a very deep draft for RBs who will be cheaper options as a backup to McCoy.

If DeAndre Levy is even 80% healthy, the Bills should be banging on his door right now.

The tank? Bills seem to have no real plan. I don't know enough about either their o-coach or head coach to figure out what they want to do. I don't see Tyrod fitting into the Denver offense we've seen the last few years and frankly their O stunk last year but then I read that the OC loved Tyrod. Carolina's D had talent but in my opinion underperformed severely last year. It's really hard to get a read on what this team wants to do.

Needs based on FA so far:
- Defensive secondary help (williams and gilmore both out)
- lb's: as far as I'm aware ragland and preston brown and lorax are the only 3 backers I can think of and lorax was more of a dend. I'm not sure if Ragland can even play in a 4/3
- o-line always seems better on paper than it does when I am watching the game
- a 3rd QB
- WRs - outside of sammy it's a poopoo platter

Bills clearly are going to go WR, CB, S in the first three rounds of the draft barring someone they love falling their laps. No issue letting Gilmore walk, for $14 million he can be the Patriots problem. Would have liked to have kept Woods but I think he wanted to get back to the West Coast and the draft is pretty deep at WR. Would like to keep Mike G if at all possible as it gives the Bills 4 RBs when you include Tolbert so we don't have to draft one.

Bills also need to trade down in the 1st or 2nd and get some additional picks for a change. We don't have that many picks to begin with so picking up 2-3 extra picks by trading down would be highly recommended. As far al clearing room I think they want to re-sign Alexander so they are freeing up some additional cash and getting rid of some players they feel can afford to jettison.

As far as WR's I believe the previous staff was pretty high on Listenbee who was hurt all of last year. He and Powell at least give you something to work with along with Sammy. Clearly need to draft at least 2 WR's though.

As far as WR's I believe the previous staff was pretty high on Listenbee who was hurt all of last year. He and Powell at least give you something to work with along with Sammy. Clearly need to draft at least 2 WR's though.
WR - big strong guy and a speed guy.

Would love to see us grab a WR if we have any cap room left. It was a pipe dream but was hoping we might take a stab at Alshon Jeffrey but I knew that was highly unlikely. Terrell Pryor is out there along with a few others, would be nice to grab somebody to take some pressure off of the draft.

Would love to see us grab a WR if we have any cap room left. It was a pipe dream but was hoping we might take a stab at Alshon Jeffrey but I knew that was highly unlikely. Terrell Pryor is out there along with a few others, would be nice to grab somebody to take some pressure off of the draft.
I'd love Pryor opposite Sammy. Two big WRs is what we need if we're hoping to get a passing attack rolling with Tyrod.

Woods to sign with Rams. Meh.

He wanted to go back home to the West Coast and even though the contract was reasonable I think the Bills made the right move. He never got it fully going here and you can replace that production for a fraction of the costs via the draft.

Totally fine with letting Woods and Gilmore walk.

So far, I like our offseason. Resigned Tyrod on a team friendly contract. Brought in Micah Hyde. Brought in a top flight fullback (eh but makes sense) and replaced Carpenter.

We're definitely not done so I'm willing to let it play out and if these moves are any indication, seems the FO and McDermott "gets it"