Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

I'll admit, when they named Kaep as starter, I was pretty nervous about us not showing up and him somehow lighting it up. Glad to see that absolutely wasn't the case.

Man, if Watkins was healthy, we'd be legit with no question about it. We need a #2 in the worst way. Woods is doing ok as the #1 and Clay/O'Leary are making plays but I'm really hoping Hunter can become that guy because it's clearly not Goodwin. MG should be the deep threat guy only.

Should be getting Dareus and Lawson back this week so that will be interesting to see. Dareus is a no brainer as he will clearly help us but with they way Alexander is playing, Shaq Lawson can be eased in situationally.

I'll admit, when they named Kaep as starter, I was pretty nervous about us not showing up and him somehow lighting it up. Glad to see that absolutely wasn't the case.

Man, if Watkins was healthy, we'd be legit with no question about it. We need a #2 in the worst way. Woods is doing ok as the #1 and Clay/O'Leary are making plays but I'm really hoping Hunter can become that guy because it's clearly not Goodwin. MG should be the deep threat guy only.

Should be getting Dareus and Lawson back this week so that will be interesting to see. Dareus is a no brainer as he will clearly help us but with they way Alexander is playing, Shaq Lawson can be eased in situationally.

Agreed on Watkins, as I mentioned before offensively this team can't reach that next level without him. You see that Tyrod is forced to scramble a lot because no one is open, really hope Watkins can make it back. I think Hunter brining Hunter in was a good idea, gives us a tall WR (which we didn't have) and brings in a guy with experience albeit one has underachieved. Like that O'Leary is starting to make an impact, really helps open up this offense if we can get another passing threat out there. It's to bad Salas is on IR as well, I think he could be very effective in this offense. Lynn needs to drop the wildcat outside of once or twice a game. It worked for that TD then we ran it 3 more times for 4-5 yard losses.

What are your picks for next week?;)

Haha. To be fair he had lots of company in the form of Bills fans. Which was ridiculous given that they've been more than a TD favorite - much less lost in such a spot - basically never in the drought.

What are your picks for next week?;)

I'm in 3 of these pools. I went with Buffalo, Tenn., and Pitt. I took Buffalo in the lowest stakes one.

I'm in 3 of these pools. I went with Buffalo, Tenn., and Pitt. I took Buffalo in the lowest stakes one.
I don't even play my work pool anymore, went about seven years without wining.

Outside of Gilmore's gaffe, the secondary continues to look great and McCoy looks like the best running back in the NFL

Outside of Gilmore's gaffe, the secondary continues to look great and McCoy looks like the best running back in the NFL
I'm going to disagree on the secondary thing... I think there seems to be a decent enough number of guys running wide open that a QB with better accuracy than Kap (brady or even tannehill) could have picked us apart. We got the benefit of some drops and and a nonaccurate qb missing plays that were there to be had. I will admit that a part of the plan was to force Kap to be a QB and hit those passes as opposed to a runner just like other teams do to Tyrod but I will still be worried when we face a good qb. Fitz has been probably the best qb we faced to date and he torched us... yes Palmer is better on paper but he played like he thought the game started at 1 pst not est. Gilmore seems to be lost this year and Darby seems to be a step slower.

I'm going to disagree on the secondary thing... I think there seems to be a decent enough number of guys running wide open that a QB with better accuracy than Kap (brady or even tannehill) could have picked us apart. We got the benefit of some drops and and a nonaccurate qb missing plays that were there to be had. I will admit that a part of the plan was to force Kap to be a QB and hit those passes as opposed to a runner just like other teams do to Tyrod but I will still be worried when we face a good qb. Fitz has been probably the best qb we faced to date and he torched us... yes Palmer is better on paper but he played like he thought the game started at 1 pst not est. Gilmore seems to be lost this year and Darby seems to be a step slower.
I can see the pessimism on the secondary but Robey has taken a big step forward and it's now 4 weeks in a row where the opponent's QB has looked bad. Gilmore has looked lost at certain points but just when I'm ready to start hating him he bats down a pass or forces a 4th down.

yeah certainly not a lockdown by any means, but they seem to be opportunistic and make the plays when need be. Good point on the lack of QB play the bills have faced. If Tannehill picks it apart then we could be in trouble with some quality qb's on the docket next 4-5 weeks.

And right on cue... McCoy injures his hamstring and his status for Sunday is up in the air. Of course.

And right on cue... McCoy injures his hamstring and his status for Sunday is up in the air. Of course.
I liked what I see of Williams and Gilslee. Definitely a downgrade but with the way the line has been run blocking I'm not sure how much of one.

I liked what I see of Williams and Gilslee. Definitely a downgrade but with the way the line has been run blocking I'm not sure how much of one.

I like both of those guys as well but there no Lesean McCoy. If he is out for the game Sunday its a huge loss as this passing game is below average without Sammy. Fingers crossed he can play.

I like both of those guys as well but there no Lesean McCoy. If he is out for the game Sunday its a huge loss as this passing game is below average without Sammy. Fingers crossed he can play.
and clay has a bum ankle and woods is in a walking boot... if we are keeping track. Sigh.

Can we b0rrow Paul Johnson for the week?

If Shady is out, the only saving grace may be that the Phins rush defense is atrocious, #31 in the league. Hopefully Gilly and Williams can keep churning yards, because we definitely won't have the same level of explosiveness. Imagine Lynn would go with a lot of off tackle, north-south play calls. In terms of passing...paging Justin Hunter, your opportunity has arrived.

Just when they finally had momentum...ugh.

What did they say the injury was when he went down towards the end of the 1st half last Sunday? It looked bad but then he came out and played great in the 2nd? Thought it was a knee, the hamstring is new to me. MF-er

Have to get the win down there Sunday to set up a HUGE game versus Pats

What did they say the injury was when he went down towards the end of the 1st half last Sunday? It looked bad but then he came out and played great in the 2nd? Thought it was a knee, the hamstring is new to me. MF-er

Have to get the win down there Sunday to set up a HUGE game versus Pats

Not related to what happened on Sunday before the half. He tweaked the hammy on Wed at practice.

Reports are varying widely on how serious the hammy injury is... some reports say 3-4 weeks, some say day to day and that he still may be available on Sunday. After everything I've read about the situation my conclusion is..... WTFuuuu<k??????? C'MON!!!!!!

No but seriously I think he'll sit Sunday to get ready for the upcoming slate of tough games -- PATS****, @SEA, BYE, @CIN

Hamstrings are incredibly tricky, that's why they are so vague. I am working through one right now.

Good first half, nice to have the lead and the ball. Goodwin has to make that 3rd down grab at the end of the half. Hopefully we come out quick with the ball and grab a nice lead.

That hit on Aaron Williams was total bush league...not that the rule allows it to my knowledge but Landry should be tossed.

Damn Bills! I know they have injuries but they just fell apart at 17-6.
I said right after that score "don't let up now that you have the lead defense"...

Didn't expect 22 points and everyone on the defense to turn into the jv squad.

Absolutely embarassing. 4-4 going into the bye after NE beats the ever living **** out of us next week.