hackett interviewing for jags OC job now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

hackett interviewing for jags OC job now

So Hackett took a demotion too.
Gilligan-Gets-Bugged-gilligans-island-29859955-825-625.jpg

Well I guess your right. OC to no job to QB. And yes, this is some grand plan. How many plans does Marrobe have?
He's got a bookcase full of notebooks.

Moontan said:
He's got a bookcase full of notebooks.

And a pocket full of kryptonite.

What exactly does an "assistant head coach do". All the assistants assist the head coach.

I bet Hack just unloaded on him.. I would. They had solid employment lined up and Marrone blew it. I bet all the guys that went with him to Buffalo are scratching their heads a bit.

Hack better get those Kid and Play for idiots books back out.

Dumpster fire.

Their contracts were all up. One of the requests made was to extend everyone who had been there two years another year.

No was the answer.

shandeezy7 said:
Their contracts were not all up.

Do position coaches have multi-year contracts? I would have assumed everyone but the HC (and maybe a high profile OC) were on year to year deals. NFL owners don't exactly like to be on the hook for a lot of guaranteed money.

Do position coaches have multi-year contracts? I would have assumed everyone but the HC (and maybe a high profile OC) were on year to year deals. NFL owners don't exactly like to be on the hook for a lot of guaranteed money.

I don't know if they are all on year-to-year contracts, but I know that the Bills had to release Jim Schwartz from his contract, so his certainly wasn't up.

Their contracts were not all up.
I think that is true...the rumor was that Marrone wanted all contracts on the same renewal schedule and that was rejected.

What exactly does an "assistant head coach do". All the assistants assist the head coach.
They wait a year until they are hired to be the head coach.

The guys who started in 13 were at the end of their deals, the guys that replaced the ones that left to go to Cleveland were obviously at the end of one. Supposedly one of the requests was to extend the guys with expiring contracts one year so that the whole staff was locked in for another year. At least that is what was reported.

He went from no job to a job. That's a promotion. I will post here next year too... after the plan is final.
Does Khan buy out Bradley after the Superbowl so he can go back to Seatle as DC and coach in waiting for Carrol to retire?

Their contracts were all up. One of the requests made was to extend everyone who had been there two years another year.

No was the answer.
No. Bottom line Marrone wanted 8 million a year and was laughed out of town. Pegula got the first of the laughs.

So in other words he wanted a two year extension at his current salary, and your bit about 8 mill a year, fiction.
The article said he was asking for a hefty raise 2 years at 8 million. If he was asking for his current salary that wouldn't be a raise just an extension. Going by what the article says, assuming it was a raise he was asking for, thatd be an additional 4 mil a year.

Last edited:
GoSU96 said:
The guys who started in 13 were at the end of their deals, the guys that replaced the ones that left to go to Cleveland were obviously at the end of one. Supposedly one of the requests was to extend the guys with expiring contracts one year so that the whole staff was locked in for another year. At least that is what was reported.

Gotcha.

I can understand why Marrone would ask for that. I can also understand why the owner might decline.

Doesn't seem like a major reason to leave so I suspect that didn't play a big role.

The article said he was asking for a hefty raise 2 years at 8 million. If he was asking for his current salary that wouldn't be a raise just an extension. Going by what the article says, assuming it was a raise he was asking for, thatd be an additional 4 mil a year.

Fact - he was making $4M a year.

Assertions in the article, two years more at a cost of $8M, in other words $4M a year. That is not a raise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom