hackett interviewing for jags OC job now | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

hackett interviewing for jags OC job now

He asked for an additional 8 million for 2 years, and when told no he told Bill Polian the franchise was in disrepair so he wouldn't take the job.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com...falo-bills-doug-marrone-bill-polian/21165875/

"an additional two years at a cost of $8 million." I think this rumor says 2 more years at a cost of $8M which is $4M per year unless that was poorly worded in the article.

The other rumor "He also asked for "extensions for his coaching staff so that the assistants were all on the same cycle"

So according to the rumor, he wanted his contract extended at the same pay rate and asked that his assistants all be on the same contract cycle.

Last edited:
Gotcha.

I can understand why Marrone would ask for that. I can also understand why the owner might decline.

Doesn't seem like a major reason to leave so I suspect that didn't play a big role.

I don't blame Marrone for asking for it, but I think that for him, it was more about creating a scapegoat for why he opted out versus actually caring about what happened to those guys. Stay on as head coach and retain probably 75% or more of the staff or opt out and leave 100% of his staff blowing in the wind. He chose to opt out, which certainly screwed over more of his "friends" than staying on as coach would have.

I'm very glad that the Bills organization is so well respected around the league. 3 former coaches are high profile coordinators now. Phillips, Gailey and Williams. I think if Marrone really buckles down, he could continue to follow in the footsteps of the great Chan Gailey. Fingers crossed!

I'm very glad that the Bills organization is so well respected around the league. 3 former coaches are high profile coordinators now. Phillips, Gailey and Williams. I think if Marrone really buckles down, he could continue to follow in the footsteps of the great Chan Gailey. Fingers crossed!

You guys are like the MAC. A regular cradle of coaching.

Maybe he thought a another situation would make him happier than another $4 mil would.

This is exciting/titillating because Doug Marrone opted out of a contract that would have paid him $8 million over the next 2 years and instead gambled that he could take the $4 million for doing nothing and get a HC job elsewhere to effectively double dip. As of now, it appears he lost his gamble. I, and likely others here, am happy that he lost that gamble, because I would literally give my left nut for the $4 million he would have earned for coaching the Bills in 2016 that he threw away in opting out. How arrogant do you have to be to throw away $4 million in the expectation you can get more elsewhere? How arrogant do you have to be to do so after achieving a .500 record in the NFL where coaches have been fired in the past even after achieving much better records for their teams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom