Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games.

So, just how many viewers of Giants and Jets games do you think know the stadium they play in resides in New Jersey?

Cheers,
Neil
talk about a weak argument:crazy:

talk about a weak argument:crazy:

I was trying to be funny. It failed. Perhaps your claim that if the stadium was actually located in the state of New York you wouldn't be as mad about this was meant to be as well?

Cheers,
Neil

So, just how many viewers of Giants and Jets games do you think know CARE the stadium they play in resides in New Jersey?

Corrected.

Don't think of it as "Jersey".

Think of it as "West New York". :p

Corrected.

Don't think of it as "Jersey".

Think of it as "West New York". :p

Actually I think of northern New Jersey as New York and southern New Jersey as Pennsylvania. It's not as though there is any true state pride in New Jersey anyway.

The entire state is basically two DMAs - NYC and Philly.

Cheers,
Neil

As for the SU/BC 2003 deathmatch
so its about how close to a state border :rolling:it iscouchburn

Apparently it is, since you said you wouldn't be as pissed we were playing the games in the state of NY.

i-love-new-york.gif

Where does that place Rutgers ... in the "taint" of New Jersey?

It taint NYC, and it taint Philly.

Sadly, it is considered to be part of the NYC DMA and the NYC Metro area which includes the six largest cities in New Jersey (Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Trenton, and Edison) and their vicinities. I believe they are considered to be a vicinity of either Edison or Newark.

Cheers,
Neil

NY/NJ who cares . Given the attendance the first two games I cant believe this is a $$ positive for Su unless the NJ sports Auth is taking a bath. Run the numbers and each game would have been more profitable in Syr. We are paying for the Doc's desire to play in a bigger pond. the ND game will be differen and we could possibly pay for a banner in citi field.

So your answer to me is just wait until you get screwed to complain about getting screwed? I am fair and call it the way I see it I wouldn't go over the top unless I logically feel it is truth. This Notre Dame series was the worst thing Dr. Gross agreed in the last 4 years, and everyone disagrees with me which is fine then I feel nobody should complain about fan support. I don't live in CNY nor have been their for any reason, but to go to SU, but the fans on here want to bitch about the Dome being empty and why the football program doesn't get support I hate these complainers. I have season tickets and give them to a friend's family who lives in Baldwinsville so I can support the program, but this crap from Gross makes me want to stop caring.

Not true I agree with you.

lets see-
i want to brand su as new yorks team- so i move the premier games not to nyc but nj-in the process denying my loyal customers the best of the best-

sheer and utter genius i say-

This isn't really news except for the date of 2016 nd game becoming official. The reason the 2 metlife games vs notre dame stayed on was probably nd doesn't mind the exposure in nyc area and metlife probably wanted them to stay so even if gross wanted to move 1 to the dome, we probably couldn't as nd probably would have requested a home date if not at metlife, we get outvoted so blaming Gross for this part is a little bit wrong. I'd expect we will play at notre dame sometime in the 2017-2019(2018 would be best) acc set then get then in the dome sometime between 2020-2022.Blame Gross for moving the USC game from the dome to Metlife asa that is justified

lets see-
i want to brand su as new yorks team- so i move the premier games not to nyc but nj-in the process denying my loyal customers the best of the best-

that statement is only true about usc game not either notre dame games at metlife as they were schedule for metlife since contract was signed

Revenue, recruiting, branding.

Chasing local attendence.

Easy choice.

Now if they wanted to trade that game for a game at Army, sign me up.

lets see-

All it denies is you an opportunity for you to bitch if they lose a home game.

I'd expect we will play at notre dame sometime in the 2017-2019(2018 would be best) acc set then get then in the dome sometime between 2020-2022.

Since we're playing ND twice in the 2014-16 cycle, it wouldn't surprise me if we were skipped during 2017-19, and we picked up again in 2020-22.

EDIT- nevermind. :D

Last edited:
Since we're playing ND twice in the 2014-16 cycle, it wouldn't surprise me if we were skipped during 2017-19, and we picked up again in 2020-22.

One team will always play ND twice doing every three year cycle. That's how it's set up, 15 games for 14 teams means one of the 14 will get ND twice. Everyone gets at least one game every three years as I understand it.

Cheers,
Neil

All it denies is you an opportunity for you to bitch if they lose a home game.
and you the opportunity to say im better than all who dont agree with me

One team will always play ND twice doing every three year cycle. That's how it's set up, 15 games for 14 teams means one of the 14 will get ND twice. Everyone gets at least one game every three years as I understand it.

Cheers,
Neil

Judging by ND's schedule for the next three seasons, it looks like SU has the golden ticket for 2014-16.

We're the only ACC team to appear twice.

So we probably won't be skipped in 2017-19.

Sure the die-hard fans that attend the games would know, they drive there. But the casual fans watchingthe game on TV? Not so sure about that. Not that it matters. I was trying to be funny.

Cheers,
Neil
So was I. I guess we both fail. :)

Here is everything boiled down IMO.
2009 Syracuse and Notre Dame agree to a 4 games series for 2014-2017. 2 game at South Bend, and 2 SU home games at Metlife. Dr. Gross had no leverage so he wanted to play ND because we didn't know the ACC move was happening. The agreement HAD NOTHING TO DO with Metlife this was a contract with Notre Dame-Syracuse and Syracuse on its OWN had to make arrangements with Metlife Stadium. Fast forward to 2011 Syracuse moves to the ACC, and 2012 Notre Dame announces it will be moving to the ACC as well, and will play 5 ACC opponents each season. Syracuse had Notre Dame on the schedule for 2014 and 2016 INSTEAD of trying to get Syracuse home games against Notre Dame moved to the Carrier Dome as Notre Dame as part of their agreement will play their ACC brothers at home/away and not at neutral site/South Bend like Syracuse agreed in 2009 Dr. Gross kept the Syracuse home games at Metlife. Their is NO EVIDENCE the ACC asked Syracuse to keep the games in Metlife the only reasonable IMO explanation is Dr. Gross didn't want to tick off the Metlife people and hurt the SU-Metlife relationship. Syracuse will still be playing those 2 game at South Bend, but they will just be in the future, and Syracuse has taken it on the chin because Dr. Gross didn't want to fight to have those Syracuse home games at the Carrier Dome. If people can't acknowledge this then I honestly have no clue how they can complain about anything related to Syracuse football in the future. Syracuse IS GAINING NOTHING by playing Notre Dame they are ONLY LOSING. No true home games, and Notre Dame will have more fans at a so-called Syracuse home game. However, we have people spinning this crap like its get for branding, recruiting when Notre Dame will benefit more and IMO we will look small time, but who cares to speak the truth because the almighty Irish have graced us by allowing us to be on the same field as them.

Give me 1 game series at Ohio State or Florida or Alabama because those games will help recruiting and be fun road trips for fans. God, why can't be people be objective and say yeah we are getting screwed by this arrangement but we are going to keep our heads in the sand and don't care because we like playing at Metlife. I never want to hear about Dome attendance that is all I will say because if we are going to move home games to Metlife the local CNY fans have a legit reason not to care about the FB program.

2009 Syracuse and Notre Dame agree to a 4 games series for 2014-2017. 2 game at South Bend, and 2 SU home games at Metlife. Dr. Gross had no leverage so he wanted to play ND because we didn't know the ACC move was happening. The agreement HAD NOTHING TO DO with Metlife this was a contract with Notre Dame-Syracuse and Syracuse on its OWN had to make arrangements with Metlife Stadium. Fast forward to 2011 Syracuse moves to the ACC, and 2012 Notre Dame announces it will be moving to the ACC as well, and will play 5 ACC opponents each season. Syracuse had Notre Dame on the schedule for 2014 and 2016 INSTEAD of trying to get Syracuse home games against Notre Dame moved to the Carrier Dome as Notre Dame as part of their agreement will play their ACC brothers at home/away and not at neutral site/South Bend like Syracuse agreed in 2009 Dr. Gross kept the Syracuse home games at Metlife. Their is NO EVIDENCE the ACC asked Syracuse to keep the games in Metlife the only reasonable IMO explanation is Dr. Gross didn't want to tick off the Metlife people and hurt the SU-Metlife relationship. Syracuse will still be playing those 2 game at South Bend, but they will just be in the future, and Syracuse has taken it on the chin because Dr. Gross didn't want to fight to have those Syracuse home games at the Carrier Dome. If people can't acknowledge this then I honestly have no clue how they can complain about anything related to Syracuse football in the future. Syracuse IS GAINING NOTHING by playing Notre Dame they are ONLY LOSING. No true home games, and Notre Dame will have more fans at a so-called Syracuse home game. However, we have people spinning this crap like its get for branding, recruiting when Notre Dame will benefit more and IMO we will look small time, but who cares to speak the truth because the almighty Irish have graced us by allowing us to be on the same field as them.

Give me 1 game series at Ohio State or Florida or Alabama because those games will help recruiting and be fun road trips for fans. God, why can't be people be objective and say yeah we are getting screwed by this arrangement but we are going to keep our heads in the sand and don't care because we like playing at Metlife. I never want to hear about Dome attendance that is all I will say because if we are going to move home games to Metlife the local CNY fans have a legit reason not to care about the FB program.

This article from August 2009 appears to say the bolded part of your post is inaccurate. I won't comment on the rest. But this seems to make it clear that these ND games from the beginning were meant to SU homes at MetLife and that MetLife had a part in bringing this about, which would seem to indicate to me, they are contractually involved as well as ND and SU. I really don't see how anyone could interpret this part of the debate any other way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/239181-syracuse-schedules-notre-dame-in-the-new-meadowlands

"This is a tremendous opportunity for Syracuse University to be associated with the New Meadowlands,"

The stadium is absolutely fabulous and we thank everyone at the New Meadowlands who helped make this opportunity come to fruition. We look forward to this great partnership."

Rutgers declined a longer series with Notre Dame at the Meadowlands, which is ten miles from their campus. Syracuse and Gross jumped at the chance for appearances in northern New Jersey. "It's nice to know the new Meadowlands people recruited us.

After the University of Connecticut declined a series with Notre Dame fifteen days ago, the Orange moved in to schedule their four-game series against Notre Dame.

Cheers,
NEil

I'm willing to bet you are wrong about the MAC team and an Akron. That's negative embellishment.

Well if it's not in the MAC or CUSA family, then someone mid level BCS like a Minnesota type? Or one of the ACC mid level teams (considering we were still Big East at the time the deal was made).

Do you think we were looking at the choice of ND in NYC or a heavyweight in the Dome and took ND in NYC?

I'm not saying that's wrong, but you'd have a hard time convincing me unless Gross told me that himself.

And even if it wasn't really a choosing between two teams thing at the time he made the deal, it's still choosing which direction you want to go based on what you think is realistic. So do you think he had a realistic shot of getting a heavyweight to come to the Dome but decided to lock in ND in NYC instead?

overly dramatic much its not like all future su/nd games will be at metlife and we have only moved 1 home game the usc game

overly dramatic much its not like all future su/nd games will be at metlife and we have only moved 1 home game the usc game
I am frustrated and yes Syracuse won't see any benefit from playing Notre Dame at the Carrier Dome till probably 2020 at the earliest. Also, I have no confidence that Syracuse future home games against Notre Dame in the 2020 range will be played at the Dome I think Syracuse will play these games at Metlife. Syracuse has lost 3 home games to Metlife USC-2012, Notre Dame-2014, Notre Dame 2016, now I realize the Notre Dame games were never scheduled for the Carrier Dome, but if Gross never agreed to this series then we would likely have played Notre Dame 1 time from 2014-2016 and then from 2017-2019 would have Notre Dame once at the Dome instead we won't see them for a LONG time if ever. However, no will acknowledge this and will continue spinning this crap like we aren't getting screwed.

It also laughable ND will throw BC bone and play an ND home game at Fenway in 2015 and then the next ND-BC game will be at BC, but they won't throw SU a bone and make that 2016 an ND home game and the next SU game at the Dome. SU will have to wait its turn in the ACC rotation to get ND home for a while. Rightfully as well because all ACC teams should get ND at home on campus, but SU won't get that luxury because Gross took the money from Metlife.

Last edited:
This article from August 2009 appears to say the bolded part of your post is inaccurate. I won't comment on the rest. But this seems to make it clear that these ND games from the beginning were meant to SU homes at MetLife and that MetLife had a part in bringing this about, which would seem to indicate to me, they are contractually involved as well as ND and SU. I really don't see how anyone could interpret this part of the debate any other way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/239181-syracuse-schedules-notre-dame-in-the-new-meadowlands

"This is a tremendous opportunity for Syracuse University to be associated with the New Meadowlands,"
The stadium is absolutely fabulous and we thank everyone at the New Meadowlands who helped make this opportunity come to fruition. We look forward to this great partnership."

Rutgers declined a longer series with Notre Dame at the Meadowlands, which is ten miles from their campus. Syracuse and Gross jumped at the chance for appearances in northern New Jersey. "It's nice to know the new Meadowlands people recruited us.

After the University of Connecticut declined a series with Notre Dame fifteen days ago, the Orange moved in to schedule their four-game series against Notre Dame.

Cheers,
NEil
Again, this how this crap works. ND says to SU we will play 4 games with you if you play your home games at Metlife. Dr, Gross calls Metlife how much cash will you give SU if we play 2 games at Metlife against ND.Great we will play 2 games at Metlife. Metlife WAS NOT PART of the negotiation with Notre Dame as they aren't Notre Dame home games they are Syracuse home games. Notre Dame wanted 2 games at Metlife Stadium for NY/NJ recruiting and negotiated with Rutgers, UConn, and Syracuse. Syracuse was the team that agreed to play 2 games at Metlife/ 2 games at South Bend. UConn wanted to, but their state legislation wouldn't let them, and Rutgers said no.