Heading to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach for Vacation | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Heading to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach for Vacation

I have a few questions I was hoping the wise people that frequent this board might be able to answer.

1) What is the best way to drive from Syracuse to Williamsburg? It will almost surely be during the day and I will probably be limited to driving 65 MPH because another vehicle is pulling a UHaul trailer.

Was thinking of taking I81 to Winchester, then 50 and 17 to I95 near Fredericksburg, then I64 around Richmond to Williamsburg.

2) What is a good place to stop for a meal on the way down? Will have 4 girls in tow ranging in age from 6 to 13. Was thinking the the Snow White Grill in Winchester.

3) Any recommendations on family friendly restaurants in or near Williamsburg or Virginia Beach?

4) Any recommendations on golf courses near Williamsburg or Virginia Beach?

5) Any recommendations on things to do in these areas other than the obvious?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Don't miss Ford;s Colony Country Club 3 courses and a very good casual dining venue (Harry's) for a reasonable price that caters to non-members

I usually have not had a problem taking 17 to I95, but if you really want to avoid driving on 95 altogether, I still wouldn't drive 81 all the way down to 64. It takes you way toward the west. If you want a really beautiful drive, you can take 522 out of Winchester, down to 64. It saves you quite a few miles.

I usually have not had a problem taking 17 to I95, but if you really want to avoid driving on 95 altogether, I still wouldn't drive 81 all the way down to 64. It takes you way toward the west. If you want a really beautiful drive, you can take 522 out of Winchester, down to 64. It saves you quite a few miles.
I took that way on the way back from florida last January,nice sites and the road can get narrow at times, but it took me much longer than 81 to 64. I had some time to burn that day and the weather was great. culpepper area was nice.

twisty road with lots of 35-45 mph stretches and some towns.

Last edited:
Wow VA Beach! Live like an hour and a half away and haven't been back in a while.. Personally not a fan of the Hampton area, would prefer to go another hour south and get to the OBX! Enjoy it tho! Love Williamsburg.. Avoid the Williamsburg outlets.. Took my GF my junior yr in HS there, and it was painful.. She loved it, It made me hate shopping even more which is hard to believe.

I took that way on the way back from florida last January,nice sites and the road can get narrow at times, but it took me much longer than 81 to 64. I had some time to burn that day and the weather was great. culpepper area was nice.

twisty road with lots of 35-45 mph stretches and some towns.

Retro, I guess you don't drive like I do! ;)

It is a beautiful piece of country, though it may not be something the girls would appreciate.

yeah beautiful country, but one will be towing a U-haul trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom