Hey Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Clemson

Some of our fans didn't put their best foot forward either. Flipping the double bird and screaming you Clemson, falling out your seat and on top of me because you were so drunk were some lowlights. Booing of our injured guys was bad. I don't expect the 80 thousand home fans to know when a guy is hurt or not though.

1 drunk guy is quite a bit different than 80,000 in unison.

Are you really accusing the team you root for of purposely faking injuries in order to gain a competitive advantage in the game? IIRC we had players go down who were booed long before that Clemson RB started making big gains in the second half.
Nah man, I'm saying that faking injuries happens against uptempo and ours happened once they went uptempo with success so while its not cool to boo in that situation, I get it and I'm not going to freak out about it and compare Clemson fans to WVU.

The booing of our offensive injuries shows a lack of class and understanding of what faking injuries even accomplishes but it's not the end of the world. It doesn't need to be what we use to define their fanbase.

Oh no here comes the "but"...let me help you "it's embarrassing" than a period. If you knew the injury history of the players that went down on defense then you'd know they weren't faking. Then you jackasses booed injured players on our offense. :crazy: Disgraceful. Oh Lord BTW your offense sucked.
You are supposed to use a comma before a conjunction when connecting two independent clauses together to form a compound sentence.

I was at the game as well. It started because we witnessed one of your players that was trailing a long gain to the red zone (think it was a dl) half jog down the field for a few steps, look at the sidelines, THEN go to his knees to his belly to grabbing the back of his leg. RESULT: Cuse gets a free TO to gather their wind and their wits for a red zone stand.

Several of the other guys went down during up tempo offense, usually during the red zone. That is the way it looked in the stands.

What you are not stating also (for the ones at the game) is when the entire stadium clapped for your injured player in the second half (the one where several of your players were on one knee in concern) when he was able to stand and walk off the field.

No excuse for the offensive player going down and boos. People at that point were exasperated at what was one definite 'flop', and several extremely timely minor injuries that resulted in timely stoppages of play.

Well OMG! Then BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You jackasses booed a dude (Raymon #50) with a totally reconstructed knee in his 3rd game back, a safety who's been banged up all year, and offensive players. That's classless.

i have no recollection of that. what play was it?

i remember 3 injuries. all 3 were obvious injuries. And the 1st injury, i was absolutely appalled at the clemson fan reactions. And no clemson fan said anything about our player faking an injury... it was always about UGA.
Georgia faked multiple injuries. Herbstreit even commented on it being a strategy that SEC defenses were planning to combat HUNH. Here is a vid of one such instance during that game:

Nah man, I'm saying that faking injuries happens against uptempo and ours happened once they went uptempo with success so while its not cool to boo in that situation, I get it and I'm not going to freak out about it and compare Clemson fans to WVU.

The booing of our offensive injuries shows a lack of class and understanding of what faking injuries even accomplishes but it's not the end of the world. It doesn't need to be what we use to define their fanbase.
Longislandcuse - I know what the idea is behind faking injuries to slow down an uptempo offense. I get it. But I think the booing started long before the Clemson RB starting making gains and they started calling plays faster.

Last edited:
To be honest, if we went up tempo vs a team and were moving the ball only to have players dropping I'd have been annoyed as well by the second or third time it happened.

The flip side of that, and what Clemson fans have no idea idea about, is how banged up our defense was coming into the game. Guys that were dropping were ones that were playing hurt and appeared to have issues with pre existing injuries.

Side note, I've never seen a ref crew spot the ball so quickly to accommodate a team going up tempo. That was getting obnoxious quickly especially the play where we burnt a timeout. Clemson wr made a catch then went off the field along with another sub running on for someone else. By rule, shouldn't the refs be holding the ball until the defense has a chance to sub as well? Serious question there since we had two defenders halfway on the feild and barely gota timeout called because the ball was already set with Clemson snapping it.

Georgia faked multiple injuries. Herbstreit even commented on it being a strategy that SEC defenses were planning to combat HUNH. Here is a vid of one such instance during that game:

It's a good thing the Cuse "faked" all those injuries last night otherwise you guts might a broken 20 points. :)

i remember 3 injuries. all 3 were obvious injuries. And the 1st injury, i was absolutely appalled at the clemson fan reactions. And no clemson fan said anything about our player faking an injury... it was always about UGA.
sounds like ron Thompson since he was getting stretched out out on the field probably a cramp

The "flop" was by number 13. The play was an up-the-gut run that went for about 10 yards. The DL was in the backfield so he was about 12 or 13 yards behind he run. That was what started the booing.
Everyone clapped when Eskridge got up the first time because it looked like a serious injury. No one booed when you star tackle (70) went down. It started when people in the stadium saw DL number 13 look to the sideline as he took about 2 steps toward the new line of scrimmage, stop, go to his knees, belly, and grab his leg. It was the slowest developing cramp I have ever witnessed.

EDIT: Had the jersey number wrong for the DL. The number was 13. It occurred at about 2:45 left in the second quarter on a play that resulted in a first and goal.

Last edited:
It's a good thing the Cuse "faked" all those injuries last night otherwise you guts might a broken 20 points. :)
Only way our offense would have broken the 20 point barrier is if your Defense had ran to the wrong end zone after stripping Stoudt of the ball before halftime, and then deciding to spike the ball...letting one of trailing fat lineman to maybe drop on it for the TD.

Well OMG! Then BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You jackasses booed a dude (Raymon #50) with a totally reconstructed knee in his 3rd game back, a safety who's been banged up all year, and offensive players. That's classless.
Umm...we CLAPPED for your freaking safety the first time he was injured (IF Eskridge is your safety).

The "flop" was by number 73. The play was an up-the-gut run that went for about 10 yards. The DL was in the backfield so he was about 12 or 13 yards behind he run. That was what started the booing.
Everyone clapped when Eskridge got up the first time because it looked like a serious injury. No one booed when you star tackle (70) went down. It started when people in the stadium saw DL number 73 look to the sideline as he took about 2 steps toward the new line of scrimmage, stop, go to his knees, belly, and grab his leg. It was the slowest developing cramp I have ever witnessed.
Time for you to go back to classless valley.

To be honest, if we went up tempo vs a team and were moving the ball only to have players dropping I'd have been annoyed as well by the second or third time it happened.

The flip side of that, and what Clemson fans have no idea idea about, is how banged up our defense was coming into the game. Guys that were dropping were ones that were playing hurt and appeared to have issues with pre existing injuries.

Side note, I've never seen a ref crew spot the ball so quickly to accommodate a team going up tempo. That was getting obnoxious quickly especially the play where we burnt a timeout. Clemson wr made a catch then went off the field along with another sub running on for someone else. By rule, shouldn't the refs be holding the ball until the defense has a chance to sub as well? Serious question there since we had two defenders halfway on the feild and barely gota timeout called because the ball was already set with Clemson snapping it.
You are correct about the substitution rule. That rule was a result of the Clemson "Indy" package we ran under Tommy Bowden when the OC was Rich Rodriguez. Rich Rod had that offensive package down to a science where we could mass sub and hike the ball before the other team could get their subs in.

The "flop" was by number 73. The play was an up-the-gut run that went for about 10 yards. The DL was in the backfield so he was about 12 or 13 yards behind he run. That was what started the booing.
Everyone clapped when Eskridge got up the first time because it looked like a serious injury. No one booed when you star tackle (70) went down. It started when people in the stadium saw DL number 73 look to the sideline as he took about 2 steps toward the new line of scrimmage, stop, go to his knees, belly, and grab his leg. It was the slowest developing cramp I have ever witnessed.

#73 is an offensive tackle named Burton who didn't even play. Please try again.

The flop was by (73) Jon Burton, a reserve offensive lineman? That does sound fishy. And walk-on (70) Jesse Wolf-Gould's mother thanks you for calling him a star.

Classless coach...4th down play last year...

Classless fans...this year booing injuries...

Your school has a whole year to come up with a new one...good luck!

Just proves classless leadership breeds classless followers...

As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, but if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding.

Nope. Will never understand it. Nobody with an IQ in double digits will understand it. Especially when SU's offensive players are getting hurt...again, why booo then? Your team ain't got the ball. Who is anyone slowing down then?

You have no excuse, you have no leg to stand on. Be embarrassed by it. It makes your fans and school look stupid and like a bunch of jerks.

A) The booing of an injured player is classless. The reason it's starting to happen is because teams are faking injuries, but it's no excuse.
B) It's going to probably happen a bit more until something is done to 'fix' the situation, not sure what can be done...as safety of players is first, but we'll see. Many ideas are floating around.
C) It wasn't 40k folks, it isn't a majority of Clemson fans, and Clemson (or any group of fans) don't "want" to see other folks hurt.

I'm mostly busting your nuggets here but #73 is an O-linemen Jon Burton who doesn't play. In fact we only have one D-linemen who has a number in the 70s Wayne Williams and he was out. So IDK.

I'm mostly busting your nuggets here but #73 is an O-linemen Jon Burton who doesn't play. In fact we only have one D-linemen who has a number in the 70s Wayne Williams and he was out. So IDK.
Actual #s are 13 (Thompson) and 60 (Hickey).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom