Hey Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Clemson

I'm mostly busting your nuggets here but #73 is an O-linemen Jon Burton who doesn't play. In fact we only have one D-linemen who has a number in the 70s Wayne Williams and he was out. So IDK.
Yeah, I had to watch it again on Direct TV to see that it was actually number 13. Sorry about the confusion.

A) The booing of an injured player is classless. The reason it's starting to happen is because teams are faking injuries, but it's no excuse.
B) It's going to probably happen a bit more until something is done to 'fix' the situation, not sure what can be done...as safety of players is first, but we'll see. Many ideas are floating around.

There is no "fixing the situation"...just the Clemson fans have to realize its a game at the end of the day. A physical game and people will get hurt. When an injury happens just sit there and shut up. Wait for the guy to come off the field and move on. You fans want to win that bad you are going to booooo injured kids in their late teens and early 20's? By the way if you are such great football fans and so smart...you would have realized your offense sucked last night and nobody needed to fake injuries to slow ya down. Your QB who is horrible, your center and his high snaps, and your fumbling RB did a good enough job of slowing down your offense, no help or faking injuries was required!

Even if Georgia or a couple teams "faked injuries" vs ya in the past, don't sink to their level. Try to rise above. But forget it. Talking to a fan base that fights to keep the confederate flag flying in their state and sees nothing wrong with that.

EDIT: Had the jersey number wrong for the DL. The number was 13. It occurred at about 2:45 left in the second quarter on a play that resulted in a first and goal.
You should've booed Dabo for calling timeouts at the end of the half (we mockingly did) which allowed Syracuse to take the lead at halftime.

I was very disappointed by the booing... I've never experienced that anywhere.

There is no "fixing the situation"...just the Clemson fans have to realize its a game at the end of the day. A physical game and people will get hurt. When an injury happens just sit there and shut up. Wait for the guy to come off the field and move on. You fans want to win that bad you are going to booooo injured kids in their late teens and early 20's? By the way if you are such great football fans and so smart...you would have realized your offense sucked last night and nobody needed to fake injuries to slow ya down. Your QB who is horrible, your center and his high snaps, and your fumbling RB did a good enough job of slowing down your offense, no help or faking injuries was required!

Even if Georgia or a couple teams "faked injuries" vs ya in the past, don't sink to their level. Try to rise above. But forget it. Talking to a fan base that fights to keep the confederate flag flying in their state and sees nothing wrong with that.

That is the point. The ONLY thing our offense had going for it was the HUNH.

Georgia faked multiple injuries. Herbstreit even commented on it being a strategy that SEC defenses were planning to combat HUNH. Here is a vid of one such instance during that game:
Please stop trying to defend this despicable practice. Total lack of class and simple human decency. They won't be, but your fan base, along with your university should be ashamed.

I think I did acknowledge that it's wrong, sorry if that didn't come across clearly. Also, to lump all Clemson fans together and single us out for an issue...then start using southern history issues as a form of "insult" or blame - well, that's comical in itself (as I'm a Clemson alum and fan, but from the north).

As for the play of the game...yes, we're well aware of all the mistakes made on offense. Glad they were able to overcome it.

I think I did acknowledge that it's wrong, sorry if that didn't come across clearly. Also, to lump all Clemson fans together and single us out for an issue...then start using southern history issues as a form of "insult" or blame - well, that's comical in itself (as I'm a Clemson alum and fan, but from the north).

As for the play of the game...yes, we're well aware of all the mistakes made on offense. Glad they were able to overcome it.
The problem is that is was 40,000 Clemson fans not just a few. Your football culture off the rails.

Please stop defending the booing, it was wrong...period. I agree that a few or X amount of people booing doesn't mean that all Clemson fans feel that way so let's just agree it was classless and wrong and leave it at that. I also don't like any southern comments from those on this board. Grouping people together with ignorant statements makes us look bad and please stop. I understand the anger and frustration but it's stooping to the same level so please don't.

I have relatives in the NC and SC area and I enjoyed southern hospitality. Those fans should educate themselves and realize that we have had an awful lot of injuries in every game. I think this should be interesting series going forward...Tim

I do feel bad. This win feels a lot like a loss.

We played badly in the win. Yet won.

As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, but if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding.

Every game, we go onto the field; and every game the opposite fanbases posts how amazing it is that we storm the field. If it was a field storming, should you not be flattered? So why the hate?

Frankly, the posters on this board seem to be itching to be angry about anything and everything. Are Cuse fans fuedl by rage??

Good luck the rest of the season. I understand your frustration and hope you find some wins to make you happy.
"Are Cuse fans fueld by rage??" Stupid statement. Obviously Clemson fans are fueled by rage, or they would not boo injured players.

Some of our fans didn't put their best foot forward either. Flipping the double bird and screaming you Clemson, falling out your seat and on top of me because you were so drunk were some lowlights. Booing of our injured guys was bad. I don't expect the 80 thousand home fans to know when a guy is hurt or not though.

Their fans are very polarized, like a lot of fan bases down south. I did meet some great people that went out of their way to welcome us pre-game. Once the game started, and after the game, it was a different story.

Last edited:
I am embarrassed about the booing. I do believe they were booing what they perceived to be a tactic and not the player, however, I don't think anything justifies booing a college player. Many Clemson fans are very upset that this happened. I hope that those that went to the game had a good time otherwise and were treated with respect. Your team played well last night especially on defense. I knew going in that this would be a struggle with our injury riddled offense and know that Syracuse could easily have won this game. I know it is small consolation, but wanted to at least let you know that not all Clemson fans agree with what happened.

Are y'all really crying this much over booing what fans perceived as faking injuries? Really? Goodness, we gave you guys FOUR turnovers, you only managed 2 FGs, and all you can complain about is booing fake injuries. LOL This is rich. OF COURSE we as fans don't want to see these kids get hurt. It's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board. We have MAJOR injuries on the offensive side of the ball and scored enough to win. Bottom line.

Are y'all really crying this much over booing what fans perceived as faking injuries? Really? Goodness, we gave you guys FOUR turnovers, you only managed 2 FGs, and all you can complain about is booing fake injuries. LOL This is rich. OF COURSE we as fans don't want to see these kids get hurt. It's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board. We have MAJOR injuries on the offensive side of the ball and scored enough to win. Bottom line.
Aaaaaaand... go

I was there with a friend and my seven year old son. we were section N row F. About six rows up from the front. On the series we held them to a field goal one of our players went down as Clemson was on the line getting ready to run a play. It appered he went down with cramps. The crowd booed because it did look "supect". I did not think it was very good sportsmanship by booing, but evrybody was very nice throughout the entire game. Before and after. I had a great time even though we lost and thought the majority of fans were decent. I have been to Wake Forrest and UNC and found that the Clemson fans were the nicest. UNC not so much. The booing sucked but other than that they were very cordial fans.

BTW - This wouldn't even be a thread if Syracuse would have won. I think everyone needs to get over it.
I think I can pretty much guarantee this would have been a thread if Syracuse had won.

I was at the game as well. It started because we witnessed one of your players that was trailing a long gain to the red zone (think it was a dl) half jog down the field for a few steps, look at the sidelines, THEN go to his knees to his belly to grabbing the back of his leg. RESULT: Cuse gets a free TO to gather their wind and their wits for a red zone stand.

Several of the other guys went down during up tempo offense, usually during the red zone. That is the way it looked in the stands.

What you are not stating also (for the ones at the game) is when the entire stadium clapped for your injured player in the second half (the one where several of your players were on one knee in concern) when he was able to stand and walk off the field.

No excuse for the offensive player going down and boos. People at that point were exasperated at what was one definite 'flop', and several extremely timely minor injuries that resulted in timely stoppages of play.

Yea well still classless and unsportsmanlike, especially after that cute little sportsmanship speech pre game.

BTW - This wouldn't even be a thread if Syracuse would have won. I think everyone needs to get over it.
Yeah, it would have. Every time a player goes down in football game there is the chance that it is one of those great tragedies that are far greater than the apparent impact. Players get up from concussions and then have their legs go out from under them or pass out - happens all the time. Seemingly normal contact can result in a spinal injury and paralysis. Booing any down players is simply one of the worst things any crowd can do. It is ignorant and classless and I for one will never "get over it" anytime I see it.

Tigersense said:
I do feel bad. This win feels a lot like a loss. We played badly in the win. Yet won. As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, but if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding. Every game, we go onto the field; and every game the opposite fanbases posts how amazing it is that we storm the field. If it was a field storming, should you not be flattered? So why the hate? Frankly, the posters on this board seem to be itching to be angry about anything and everything. Are Cuse fans fuedl by rage?? Good luck the rest of the season. I understand your frustration and hope you find some wins to make you happy.

I'd get it if you're offense was any good.

irishredhomebrew said:
Georgia faked multiple injuries. Herbstreit even commented on it being a strategy that SEC defenses were planning to combat HUNH. Here is a vid of one such instance during that game: YouTube Video

Our D has played against an uptempo, no huddle O in practice for a year. We run a similar amount of plays.

And your offense blows chunks and seemed to stop itself most of the time.

Also: a Tiger fan mentioned a "slow developing cramp"... Dude - have you never had s sports related cramp or just stretching your legs in bed?! Cramps come out of nowhere and feel like hell. It's impossible to tell what's real or not. As for "looking to the sidelines" - our entire D looks over for possible subs and/or play call after every whistle.

Maybe - just maybe - you guys think to highly of yourselves?

Side note: you guys have a lot of traditions for a program with a mediocre history.

You can tell the difference between a player cramping and a player that takes a shot with a possible head injury. I was in the sixth row. It wasn't from a head injury. Player grabbed his legs while rolling around. A few seconds before the injury he was getting ready for the next play as was Clemson on Syracuse's 30 yard line. He may have gotten bad cramps in his legs.

It did look "suspect" which is why some of the Clemson fans booed. It wasn't all of the Clemson fans just some. If roles were reversed and the game was in the Dome, some idiots would have been yelling vulgarities at the opposing team. I have been to many football and basketball games in Syracuse and in the south. I have been embarrassed by many Syracuse fans along with other team fans. It is the handful of idiots that ruin it for the rest of us. I had a great time and will go back again.

Last edited:
It is the handful of idiots that ruin it for the rest of us. I had a great time and will go back again.
You must've been at a different game if you think it was just a handful of Clemson fans booing SU injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom