Hey Clemson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Clemson

I know we are focusing on the UGA game as a reference point but go back and watch the fourth quarter of Clemson/LSU in 2012. That is sickening.

I caught the booing of the offensive player and that is disgusting. I wish you success from here forward.

Are y'all really crying this much over booing what fans perceived as faking injuries? Really? Goodness, we gave you guys FOUR turnovers, you only managed 2 FGs, and all you can complain about is booing fake injuries. LOL This is rich. OF COURSE we as fans don't want to see these kids get hurt. It's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board. We have MAJOR injuries on the offensive side of the ball and scored enough to win. Bottom line.
We gave you 3 and you ran up an amazing 16 pts on us. You won but I wouldn't be bragging too much.

We gave you 3 and you ran up an amazing 16 pts on us. You won but I wouldn't be bragging too much.

But I thought the Syracuse program was light years ahead of Clemson? I mean, that's all I read about...we should be ecstatic to beat you by 1 even! With your history v ours, this is big for our program, you should be proud we're so excited.

;)

In all seriousness. As I and most Clemson fans have said, I wish the boo'ing didn't happen - there is a reason why it did, but that's not an excuse - it was/is wrong. Could a player have been seriously injured and thus the boo'ing been a REALLY ugly deal? Yes...but there was nothing remotely close to a big hit/motionless player type situation where the situation was boo'ed. Wouldn't "cheering" a hurt player be what a truly "classless" person would do?

But I thought the Syracuse program was light years ahead of Clemson? I mean, that's all I read about...we should be ecstatic to beat you by 1 even! With your history v ours, this is big for our program, you should be proud we're so excited.

;)

In all seriousness. As I and most Clemson fans have said, I wish the boo'ing didn't happen - there is a reason why it did, but that's not an excuse - it was/is wrong. Could a player have been seriously injured and thus the boo'ing been a REALLY ugly deal? Yes...but there was nothing remotely close to a big hit/motionless player type situation where the situation was boo'ed. Wouldn't "cheering" a hurt player be what a truly "classless" person would do?
Huh?

Clemson fans are still here?

Guess they don't work during the day down there? Why are they still here?

Owe we do, but we use cheap labor Canadians to handle the mundane.

We're good, thanks.
Dodging the question I see.

Why are you still here on a Tuesday. Game was played on Saturday.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOO

Players get booed when they go down at opposing stadiums from time to time it happens… how sensitive is everyone, really?

TigerTown said:
But I thought the Syracuse program was light years ahead of Clemson? I mean, that's all I read about...we should be ecstatic to beat you by 1 even! With your history v ours, this is big for our program, you should be proud we're so excited. ;) In all seriousness. As I and most Clemson fans have said, I wish the boo'ing didn't happen - there is a reason why it did, but that's not an excuse - it was/is wrong. Could a player have been seriously injured and thus the boo'ing been a REALLY ugly deal? Yes...but there was nothing remotely close to a big hit/motionless player type situation where the situation was boo'ed. Wouldn't "cheering" a hurt player be what a truly "classless" person would do?

Ug. Only in Clemson fans persecuted world-view did we claim anything like that. Everyone said you're better right now. We said we have more of a shot this year and that our history is about the same as yours (though we've produced better players historically).

So there are different tiers to injuries and one should boo appropriately? And you can tell that from the stands, drunk?

If you cheer a hurt player who gets up - that's classy. If you boo any injury that's classless. Easy.

Pat Kelly said:
Players get booed when they go down at opposing stadiums from time to time it happens… how sensitive is everyone, really?

Not ours.

It was egregious in person, especially when a Clemson fan in the tunnel yelled at me to "Get your MF'ing piece of s--- player off the field". The real icing on the cake was the booing of Estime getting injured on offense. Just a total lack of respect.

It was egregious in person, especially when a Clemson fan in the tunnel yelled at me to "Get your MF'ing piece of s--- player off the field". The real icing on the cake was the booing of Estime getting injured on offense. Just a total lack of respect.
I get it, but it's a sporting event. People get rowdy. I never take that stuff personally.

I get it, but it's a sporting event. People get rowdy. I never take that stuff personally.

I agree people get rowdy at sporting events and I usually don't take anything personally, but the level to which the booing occurred for injured players was unthinkable.

I agree people get rowdy at sporting events and I usually don't take anything personally, but the level to which the booing occurred for injured players was unthinkable.
Wasn't there. I'll take your word for it.

We've never seen it.

Let's just say that the entire Syracuse fan base at Memorial Stadium was appalled.

Are y'all really crying this much over booing what fans perceived as faking injuries? Really? Goodness, we gave you guys FOUR turnovers, you only managed 2 FGs, and all you can complain about is booing fake injuries. LOL This is rich. OF COURSE we as fans don't want to see these kids get hurt. It's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board. We have MAJOR injuries on the offensive side of the ball and scored enough to win. Bottom line.
Look you won be happy about that, but if you do not see it is wrong to boo college players after injuries, even if you perceive them as possibly being faked(how you determined this I do not know),
Wasn't there. I'll take your word for it.[/QUOT

Knew you were not there.

The booing of an injured player is egregious and should never happen. I will provide a little perspective, however. Our own fanbase cheered when Troy Nunes got injured at the Dome because many wanted RJ Anderson to replace him. I had to elbow my dad and tell him to stop when he got caught up in the mob mentality. I was embarrassed. We are not infallible.

Look you won be happy about that, but if you do not see it is wrong to boo college players after injuries, even if you perceive them as possibly being faked(how you determined this I do not know),
I'm a Syracuse fan...

We've never seen it.

Let's just say that the entire Syracuse fan base at Memorial Stadium was appalled.
There are bigger things to be worrying about I think...

The booing of an injured player is egregious and should never happen. I will provide a little perspective, however. Our own fanbase cheered when Troy Nunes got injured at the Dome because many wanted RJ Anderson to replace him. I had to elbow my dad and tell him to stop when he got caught up in the mob mentality. I was embarrassed. We are not infallible.
People were booing Drew Allen last year. I really don't understand this whole being appalled by other fanbases. Stuff happens, everyone makes mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom