Hey stat boy... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey stat boy...

Bills defense just held manning and rodgers to 0td and 4int.

Their defense is legit.

Buffalo will also need to give Orton a pay raise. Starting QBs are making 12-15 million even if they are mediocre these days. I can't see Orton not wanting to re-negotiate his contract if he is the starter. When QBs like Alex Smith are getting 17 million its sad.

lol wut?

kyle-orton-stoned.jpg

Orton used leverage to get cut from Dallas that got himself 5 million for this year. Which is top backup money if the Bills are going to expect him to start next year they will likely need to bump up his salary or he may "retire" again. I doubt they would need to bump up it to full market value but if he is the starter he will likely need a salary around 10-11 million or it could be a problem.

Orton used leverage to get cut from Dallas that got himself 5 million for this year. Which is top backup money if the Bills are going to expect him to start next year they will likely need to bump up his salary or he may "retire" again. I doubt they would need to bump up it to full market value but if he is the starter he will likely need a salary around 10-11 million or it could be a problem.
He's awful. If he demands "starter money" then the entire front office and coaching staff will point and laugh in his face until he walks away in shame.

He's awful. If he demands "starter money" then the entire front office and coaching staff will point and laugh in his face until he walks away in shame.

I have no idea who Bills fans want as their QB, but it's going to be hard to find an upgrade at Quarterback in the offseason. Who do Bills fans want? Cutler? His numbers are similar to Orton if extrapolated over a full season, and he turns the ball over more than Orton. Thats who Chicago replaced him with and have had much of the same mediocre results.

Eli Manning is having a similar statistical season, and you could argue the Giants offense on the whole is better.
Matt Stafford is having the same statistical season and he has Calvin Johnson and Gordon Tate to throw to.

Andy Dalton has been worse than Orton.
Same for Kaepernick.

The Bills aren't going to find a better QB than Orton in the Offseason. They can find someone the same or worse than him, but not better. You can always get Fitzpatrick back. He will be a free agent.

I don't know, maybe New Orleans collapses the last two weeks, they want to rebuild and a miracle happens where Brees becomes available. Other than that there will be nobody in the Draft or on the market that will be better than Orton. They will be the same or worse.

That's crazy talk.

That's crazy talk.
Starting QBs who aren't on rookie contracts aren't going to be underpaid. My point is Orton isn't going to accept being paid 5.5 million dollars if the Bills want him to be the starter. Obviously Buffalo could trade for RGIII or sign another QB, but if they think Orton won't cause a stink next year if he is the starter that likely won't happen. I am not saying Orton will get full market value because Buffalo has a little leverage, but starting QBs are making 13-20 million dollars per year depending on their resume. Buffalo could bump Orton up from 5 to 9-12 million if they want Orton to start. Orton will cause a stink most likely if they want him to start next year. Starting QBs get paid.

I have no idea who Bills fans want as their QB, but it's going to be hard to find an upgrade at Quarterback in the offseason. Who do Bills fans want? Cutler? His numbers are similar to Orton if extrapolated over a full season, and he turns the ball over more than Orton. Thats who Chicago replaced him with and have had much of the same mediocre results.

Eli Manning is having a similar statistical season, and you could argue the Giants offense on the whole is better.
Matt Stafford is having the same statistical season and he has Calvin Johnson and Gordon Tate to throw to.

Andy Dalton has been worse than Orton.
Same for Kaepernick.

The Bills aren't going to find a better QB than Orton in the Offseason. They can find someone the same or worse than him, but not better. You can always get Fitzpatrick back. He will be a free agent.

I don't know, maybe New Orleans collapses the last two weeks, they want to rebuild and a miracle happens where Brees becomes available. Other than that there will be nobody in the Draft or on the market that will be better than Orton. They will be the same or worse.
I would take every QB you list ahead of Orton. Yes, Fitzpatrick included. At least we know for a fact that Fitz would never slide behind the chains on 3rd and 2.

The Bills rather than pay Orton may trade for Cutler or RG3 or sign Sanchez/Hoyer.

I am not saying you pay Orton full market value but if he is the guy Marrone wants starting next year his pay will need to be bumped a little or he may "retire".

I would take every QB you list ahead of Orton. Yes, Fitzpatrick included. At least we know for a fact that Fitz would never slide behind the chains on 3rd and 2.

The Bears switched from Orton to Cutler. They went from 8-8 to 8-8!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom