hmmm... UConn deserve another look? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

hmmm... UConn deserve another look?

Just give me a 4th NC.

That's all I ask. I can live on those memories for a long time.

That's a gluttonous amount of national titles. Show some discretion good sir.

way to miss the significance of winning national championships.

Jeez...you were in the Big East. Kids signed up to play against us, GTown, Pitt, ND, Villanova, etc...now the Catholics have been diminished and we are gone as is Pitt and you are selling a vastly different product. Ollie can either swim upstream against it or possibly take the NBA check if that's afforded to him.

Your guys tonight didn't sign up for UCF, Tulane, etc...

way to miss the significance of winning national championships.

No significance to conference realignment.

You were Big East for that (and functionally today too). Not sure of your OOC, but again, it's diminishing returns for other schools to schedule games in Hartford or Storrs.

I don't understand why you would post here today.

Uconn fans need to try to convince every0ne how great they are.

No significance to conference realignment.

We are having different conversations.

You are talking about conferences.

I am talking about championships.

So, let me agree with you. Winning another NC in BB won't impact our conference situation.

However, winning another NC will make the next one easier.

So, let me agree with you. Winning another NC in BB won't impact our conference situation.

Did you see the thread title? I just think it's odd, No one here was on the UConn board last year when we were in the FF. Just odd, too bad there's no dropdown to find your way home.

I think you are confusing my point.

My point isn't that BB will get UCONN into a P5

My point is that UCONN will continue getting to FFs and winning NC's with or without the ACC or B1G
I don't think UConn will become the University of San Francisco who is a nothing program.
However, every player on your roster outside of whatever Freshman you have committed a UConn program in the best basketball conference the Big East.

The AAC will hurt UConn's ability to make the to make the tournament in average seasons. UConn in the AAC will be eventually takes it toil. I don't think UConn die but the program will need to continue getting lightning in a bottle like you have hit in 2011 and 2014.

Bayside44 said:
Did you see the thread title? I just think it's odd, No one here was on the UConn board last year when we were in the FF. Just odd, too bad there's no dropdown to find your way home.

No, but they jumped on there this year when we were 20something and 0 bragging and calling them a mid major in a derogatory manner.

Not saying either one is good, but we're calling the kettle black.

Alsacs said:
I don't think UConn will become the University of San Francisco who is a nothing program. However, every player on your roster outside of whatever Freshman you have committed a UConn program in the best basketball conference the Big East. The AAC will hurt UConn's ability to make the to make the tournament in average seasons. UConn in the AAC will be eventually takes it toil. I don't think UConn die but the program will need to continue getting lightning in a bottle like you have hit in 2011 and 2014.

If they're the best or even a top 3 team in the AAC then they'll be getting in most years which is enough for them to stay relevant and have some recruiting stroke. The AAC isn't going to make them die (not saying you) and shrivel a quick death.

You're right. Every time someone talks about the subject of the thread, you try to change the discussion.

Winning a nc will help, but it still is going to be hard for Uconn to recruit. It is going to be a tough sell for a kid to go play in a league against the Tulanes and Ucfs. Ooc schedules are done yearly, so the kid isn't going to know what teams he would be playing against every year.

I think you are confusing my point.

My point isn't that BB will get UCONN into a P5

My point is that UCONN will continue getting to FFs and winning NC's with or without the ACC or B1G

I say this as someone who would much prefer to have UConn in the ACC than any other former BE school: the biggest mistake your administrators can make is to misunderstand and overestimate this run.

You are in the FF this year because you are still a Big East team with Big East players. But you are going to be losing those players and your ability to replenish them will steadily decline.

You can still make runs - just about every year a mid major crashes the party. But you won't be able to sustain it. The money available to the big 5 conference schools will grind you down like an anaconda. This might not be a true "last hurrah," you might have several more really good seasons; it might take a decade before you fully realize it, but if you don't get into one of the big conferences flush with football TV money, the end is coming.

I don't think UConn will become the University of San Francisco who is a nothing program.
However, every player on your roster outside of whatever Freshman you have committed a UConn program in the best basketball conference the Big East.

The AAC will hurt UConn's ability to make the to make the tournament in average seasons. UConn in the AAC will be eventually takes it toil. I don't think UConn die but the program will need to continue getting lightning in a bottle like you have hit in 2011 and 2014.

We have 2 five star players coming in for next season.

The current #1 class in America (by 24/7) for 2015

And Ollie hasn't been able to recruit a whole year without restrictions yet.

You think after this month/weekend and with no restrictions, Ollie is going to do worse on the recruiting trail?

We have 2 five star players coming in for next season.

The current #1 class in America (by 24/7) for 2015

And Ollie hasn't been able to recruit a whole year without restrictions yet.

You think after this month/weekend and with no restrictions, Ollie is going to do worse on the recruiting trail?

No one actually uses 24/7

docsu said:
OMG why are you here.

Because he has more interest in us than their game in 2 hours. My god, when SU is in the F4 I don't even remember being on our own board this close to game time.

Last edited:
Hopefully after tonight, I will have to console myself with our 4th National Championship.

Its amazing effective they are at making all the insults and negativity go away.

Longer term things are looking very bad for UConn.

You know it and I know it. You care and I don't.

Oh the irony if St Joe's made one more free throw in regulation.

Well, how does it feel to be the lettuce on a BLT on Whole Wheat Bread. With UConn being the Bread, Bacon and Tomato we now find ourselves well behind the Huskies in performing when it counts! 4 championships in the last 15 years, not bad, got to take your hat off to an old Rival, but lots to wonder about for our Orange and what could have been during their same stretch. Well, there is always next year! :)

UConn is what the ACC is trying to get away from...good basketball and mediocre to poor football in a small stadium. The football schools want an impact football program if there is going to be any expansion. If UConn had a 70+ football stadium and filled it...they'd be in the ACC yesterday.

UConn is what the ACC is trying to get away from...good basketball and mediocre to poor football in a small stadium. The football schools want an impact football program if there is going to be any expansion. I had a 70+ football stadium and filled it...they'd be in the ACC yesterday.

UConn is what the ACC is trying to get away from...good basketball and mediocre to poor football in a small stadium. The football schools want an impact football program if there is going to be any expansion. If UConn had a 70+ football stadium and filled it...they'd be in the ACC yesterday.

The second post is what I wrote and edited it twice but it never changed the "I" to If UConn"...very odd.

SmilinBob said:
UConn is what the ACC is trying to get away from...good basketball and mediocre to poor football in a small stadium. The football schools want an impact football program if there is going to be any expansion. I had a 70+ football stadium and filled it...they'd be in the ACC yesterday. The second post is what I wrote and edited it twice but it never changed the "I" to I "...very odd.

The ACC already has plenty of schools with good basketball and mediocre to poor football.

Hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom