The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Hobart
Friday, February 28, 2020 | 7:00 p.m.
TV: ACC Network | Jay Alter and Ric Beardsley

1582898868380.png

Syracuse vs Hobart
Friday, February 28, 2020 | 7:00 p.m.
TV: ACC Network | Jay Alter and Ric Beardsley

Beardsley should cut back on "they should do this and they should do that". I get the ego bit, but just comment on what's happening, not your preferences.

Curious to see the pace of this game, it seems as though Hobart does not mind running. SU looked to be going at hyper-speed in the Colgate game but in subsequent weeks has dialed things down a bit. I would think SU should push the pace, they should have the edge in face-offs (and have two guys to rely on), two very good midfield lines and a deep defensive midfield core. But Desko has been slowing things down in recent years and he might think playing keep away and grinding the Statesmen down is the way to go. SU is going to need to start shooting the ball better, Dordevic in particular really needs to improve his shooting percentage (believe he is at 10 percent).

Hobart's starting close D has a total of 4 CTO's, The Orange's starting close D of Kennedy, Depietro, and Murphy have 4 CTO's each for a total of 12. I think there is an advantage to be gained there. Also, Hobart has committed 18 penalties in 3 games. If they foul, the Orange has to cash in. Hobart is clearing at 82% against fairly weak competition. I think this too is an area that the Orange can exploit.

Looking forward to this game. Should be a high scoring event. I wish they were wearing white/white/white like the championship years. All of my memories of games in the late 80s and 90s, SU was always in full white.

Curious to see the pace of this game, it seems as though Hobart does not mind running. SU looked to be going at hyper-speed in the Colgate game but in subsequent weeks has dialed things down a bit. I would think SU should push the pace, they should have the edge in face-offs (and have two guys to rely on), two very good midfield lines and a deep defensive midfield core. But Desko has been slowing things down in recent years and he might think playing keep away and grinding the Statesmen down is the way to go. SU is going to need to start shooting the ball better, Dordevic in particular really needs to improve his shooting percentage (believe he is at 10 percent).

This 100%, Hobart is very over aggressive on offense and not afraid to shoot regardless of player, time, game situation etc.. They have had some definite success with it early in the year but it burned them a few times last year with terrible shooting %s. The other thing to note is Hobart turns it over and commits penalties at an absurd rate. Man up O needs to be ready. Also Hobart has traditionally struggled with SUs elite midfielders and will overcompensate. That has led to monster games from Rehfuss in his career against Bart. Keep an eye on that starting attack, Bart struggles to cover the crease

Last point, key for SU to come out and match Hobarts intensity as this and Cornell are the only games against top 20 teams. Cant afford an army reduc

Last point, key for SU to come out and match Hobarts intensity as this and Cornell are the only games against top 20 teams. Cant afford an army reduc
OOC, you mean, right?

Down 10-14, Richmond has come back to tie the game at 14 vs. Duke with 4:05 left in the game. Guess we won't be seeing the beginning of SU-Hobart. :(

Down 10-14, Richmond has come back to tie the game at 14 vs. Duke with 4:05 left in the game. Guess we won't be seeing the beginning of SU-Hobart. :(

it should be streaming on the ESPN app but it is saying event hasn’t started yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom