How bad is it? | Syracusefan.com

How bad is it?

Will we have a winning season this year?

• Stop worrying Steve. It's in the bag.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I'm nervous too, but it would be a worse case scenario

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Yep, this is the year that wasn't

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
(as Johnny Carson's audience used to say when he described something that went badly)

Earlier I posted about Syracuse having a 45 game steak of winning seasons on the line and the minimum we need to do to continue it, (17 regular season wins, which means 7 ACC wins) , and I was accused of being a "negative Nancy" to think that not continuing the streak was even a possibility. I wonder how people feel about that at this juncture. Don't get me wrong: I don't want to be "right" about this. I absolutely want the streak to continue and hope the people who called me that are the ones who are right. I'm just concerned that it might be threatened. Once we lose it we may never get to this point again., (the record is 54 straight winning seasons by UCLA). I'll add a related stat: We haven't had both the football and basketball teams have a losing record in the same school year since 1947-48, 68 years ago. We've always had one team or the other come through for us. It would be a sad year indeed to wind up rooting for two losing teams. But peole are starting look at the basketball team and see the football team. Deja Vu all over again.

There is a bathroom on the right. Oh! I mean, there is a bad moon on the rise!

Well I'm reasonably confident that we get 5.

Clemson, BC, NC State and Va Tech in the Dome. BC on the road.

At the moment I am still more confident than worried that we'll beat Georgia Tech in the Dome. That would get us to 6.

All we would need to do is pick up one more from FSU, ND or Pitt in the Dome or Wake on the road. I don't think that requires any major upsets or "resume" / "signature" wins.

With those opportunities for victories, if we can't generate 7 ACC wins this will be one heckuva an ugly season.

It's amazing that this has become a discussion and potential reality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom