Howard Washington | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

Howard didn't fight Quade Greene. Not sure where that rumor came from.

Where all rumors come from: "They".
"They said" things. "They" say a lot of things. :p

Howard didn't fight Quade Greene. Not sure where that rumor came from.
The rumor on here, for those that are not in the know, is that Frank got in a fight with a recruit. no one has said who the recruit was - for whatever reason. So then the internet took over.

I don't think the rumor was that the fight was with a recruit.

I'm really hoping Washington can be a four-year player who provides some stability at the position and perhaps doesn't mind being recruited over as long as he's still getting ~15 minutes a game. We have to keep going after the blue chips, but far too often we're ending up woefully short at the point. Having one solid four year guy sure would be nice who you could pencil in for 15-30 minutes a game his sophomore to senior seasons depending on how the rest of your recruiting went, and if he developed into a really solid guy by his senior year, you could let him run the show.

Where all rumors come from: "They".
"They said" things. "They" say a lot of things. :p
42c4d80a29f7848043b9996769c4a700.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Nathan LeClair from Verbal Commits.

What I'm going to say may have already been shared by someone like Zagoria, but Howard's coach called me the day Cuse offered and said he had not committed yet because he was in a tournament all day and had not had the time to speak with his parents yet. His coach said Howard was "very excited" and again, wanted to talk things over with his family first before making a decision.

There was a site I saw that listed a bunch of offers for him, which may have been true when he committed to Butler. His current offers are Syracuse, Tulane, Canisius, and St. Bonaventure. His coach mentioned another school that offered but I confirmed they are no longer recruiting him so I won't mention them. Again, this may have been shared by another news outlet yet I figured I'd swing by and share anyway.

Last edited:

What I'm going to say may have already been shared by someone like Zagoria, but Howard's coach called me the day Cuse offered and said he had not committed yet because he was in a tournament all day and had not had the time to speak with his parents yet. His coach said Howard was "very excited" and again, wanted to talk things over with his family first before making a decision.

There was a site I saw that listed a bunch of offers for him, which may have been true when he committed to Butler. His current offers are Syracuse, Tulane, Canisius, and St. Bonaventure. He mentioned another school that offered but I confirmed they are no longer recruiting him so I won't mention them. Again, this may have been shared by another news outlet yet I figured I'd swing by and share anyway.

Haven't seen any of this info yet over here, so thank you for providing this insight!

There was a site I saw that listed a bunch of offers for him, which may have been true when he committed to Butler. His current offers are Syracuse, Tulane, Canisius, and St. Bonaventure. He mentioned another school that offered but I confirmed they are no longer recruiting him so I won't mention them. Again, this may have been shared by another news outlet yet I figured I'd swing by and share anyway.
Appreciate the info, thank you

I thought Butler was a good fit for both sides at the time, so I was very curious about the split. He also left Montverde mid-season last year after the Butler decommit as well.
hmm so no red (off-court) flags you're aware of?

Which of these does not belong? :(

If I recall, Andy Rautins didn't have the most impressive list of offers and some thought we were doing Leo some kind of favor.

St. Bonaventure & Providence, but he barely played as a freshman.

With the lack of depth in the backcourt and reduction of scholarships, we need players that are capable of contributing in a big way early. At least that's my opinion.

Things can change on the recruiting trail in a moment's notice. But I just wish we wouldn't be in this position, seemingly all the time.

St. Bonaventure & Providence, but he barely played as a freshman.
With the lack of depth in the backcourt and reduction of scholarships, we need players that are capable of contributing in a big way early. At least that's my opinion.

Things can change on the recruiting trail in a moment's notice. But I just wish we wouldn't be in this position, seemingly all the time.

I'm guessing that's the plan with Washington too. We can certainly use a 4 year program player point guard that actually develops into a solid player as an upperclassman. Haven't had one since Scoop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom