I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

jekelish said:
Yeah, I'm told from someone I trust very much on this subject that Coyle hasn't even contacted Ed at this point.

Why would he? Coyle has no connection to the guy. And Orgeron coached here a million years ago.

Why would he? Coyle has no connection to the guy. And Orgeron coached here a million years ago.
Booster donations for renos? Just throwing something against the wall.

This seriously better not be true. Fire a former defensive coordinator and bring in a defensive line coach. What the???

I like the idea of Ed. What we need is a couple more good recruiting classes to give us the depth of talent we need and he could do it. And his USC team played well for him. He's certainly a prominent coach. But I'll be surprised if it's him precisely because he's been publicly campaigning for the job.

Orgeron told Tulane he was not interested in their HC job. He seems to be a perfect fit there, makes me think he has something else lined up ...

JeremyCuse said:
Not trying to validate the OP but two different people I spoke with today who have connections mentioned they were hearing Eddie O. Perhaps in a DC/AHC role but there is definitely some smoke out there.

That would make more sense. But if it's Ed O as head coach, I can't see Coyle keeping his job too long.

Not trying to validate the OP but two different people I spoke with today who have connections mentioned they were hearing Eddie O. Perhaps in a DC/AHC role but there is definitely some smoke out there.

Absolute home run if it's EO as DC/AHC. But, I can't see EO taking anything other than the HC position at SU.

IF it is EO, that might (emphasis on might) mean Coyle could not get one his top 3.

Maybe he'll bring in Coach P as his DC, since it was Coach P who hired Orgeron when his career was off the track. ;)

I can see EO taking the position as AHC/DC/RC, makes a ton of sense. He wants a big time job, he's not going to get one without taking a step between line coach and HC. SU could be that step he needs.

I can see EO taking the position as AHC/DC/RC, makes a ton of sense. He wants a big time job, he's not going to get one without taking a step between line coach and HC. SU could be that step he needs.
It would definitely make sense. But I've come around to the conclusion that he wouldn't accept that if offered.

Frost - HC
Ed O - AHC, DC, RC
Acosta - WR
White - whatever his title is

That would be a great start but I doubt Ed O would take that especially if Miles stays

Absolute home run if it's EO as DC/AHC. But, I can't see EO taking anything other than the HC position at SU.

IF it is EO, that might (emphasis on might) mean Coyle could not get one his top 3.

I think as a DC/AHC it makes the most sense. Again I can't say with any certainty that hes a top candidate but for two people to mention him out of the blue like that was telling. Then again it may end up being Frost and EO might not be involved in any capacity. Trying to project anything on these types of searches is a crap shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom