I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

You'd think publicly campaigning to be hired by a guy who seems incredibly quiet and buttoned up would not be the wisest move.

You'd also think that a guy who reportedly wasn't thrilled with some of Shafer's, shall we say, more animated moments, wouldn't be interested in a guy who epitomizes a ragin' Cajun.

You'd think.

LSU keeping Les... so likely Ed O staying put?
You would think so, but never know.

I still say the only way it's not Frost is if he passes on the offer. Which, ya never know. He passed on a head coaching job last year, so it isn't unprecedented for him.

Entirely possible.

A ridiculously depressing thought. And as stated earlier...if we are that unattractive/unwilling to pony up, then we would have been better served staying the course (as disturbing as it was). If we get into a situation of hiring retreads and wannabes...

Parcells - HC
C. Kelly - OC/QB
Meyer - WR/TE/ST
Acosta - RB
Belichick- DC
Dantonio - LB
Saban - DB
Jimmy Johnson - DL/AHC/RC

I see you kept a spot open for Marrone to return to coach the OL :)

I still say the only way it's not Frost is if he passes on the offer. Which, ya never know. He passed on a head coaching job last year, so it isn't unprecedented for him.

Remind me again who he passed on last year?

A ridiculously depressing thought. And as stated earlier...if we are that unattractive/unwilling to pony up, then we would have been better served staying the course (as disturbing as it was). If we get into a situation of hiring retreads and wannabes...
There are a lot of reasons to turn a job down. Frost may think if he stays where he is he will have a shot at the Nebraska job in a couple of years. Others may turn down the money. There is a quality candidate out there that will want the job.

i hope Frost either takes it...or comes out and says he was offered, but is taking his name out of the ring.

otherwise...

Utah State job right?

I would hate This hire but I trust the OP he has actual sources. He nailed the NCAA news before anybody.

So people can doubt him but I believe it.

Finwad32 said:
Dead end job.

Frost would be smart to turn that down. OC at Oregon is practically guaranteed to lower end P5 head coaching offers. Group of 5 gigs aren't what they used to be.

I would hate This hire but I trust the OP he has actual sources. He nailed the NCAA news before anybody.

So people can doubt him but I believe it.
Not saying OP doesn't have sources, but, Orgeron's way down the list. About 8 things would need to happen in order for him to get any serious consideration.

Not sold on Frost, he will be gone as soon as Nebraska opens up, which will be next year, heck they want Riley gone after 1 season!
Not a sexy pick but, the more I look at it I like Dave Warner, has ties, and you can't get any better than Michigan St., they are vastly under rated nationally, even in the Big 10, all they do is keep beating people.

Frost would be smart to turn that down. OC at Oregon is practically guaranteed to lower end P5 head coaching offers. Group of 5 gigs aren't what they used to be.
I agree, he can afford to be selective. Much stability at Oregon. I think we're a good spot for a young, aggressive guy. Scott Frost is my guy all the way.

The last CSU coach took one of the best jobs in college football at Florida. Doesn't seem so dead end to me , of course I don't watch much college football.

Not sold on Frost, he will be gone as soon as Nebraska opens up, which will be next year, heck they want Riley gone after 1 season!
Not a s e xy pick but, the more I look at it I like Dave Warner, has ties, and you can't get any better than Michigan St., they are vastly under rated nationally, even in the Big 10, all they do is keep beating people.

Dave Warner is in his mid 50's and was a career position coach until three years ago, and he is now co-coordinator.

What about that resume says P5 HC?

I agree, he can afford to be selective. Much stability at Oregon. I think we're a good spot for a young, aggressive guy. Scott Frost is my guy all the way.
I am happy with Frost, but prefer Babers. It is really a variation in style 53-47 pass-run or 53-47 run-pass.
Ether one would create a buzz and set us off in a specific direction.
Just hope it is one or the other.

Not saying OP doesn't have sources, but, Orgeron's way down the list. About 8 things would need to happen in order for him to get any serious consideration.
This AD has been extremely tight lipped I doubt more than a few have a clue and the rest speculation.
I trust the OP his sources nailed the NCAA news this week. I am not a fan of Oregeron but I trust he is being considered. We have no clue who the AD has contacted as I am sure non-disclosure has been part of it since we have heard nothing and we are all going thru agent leaks to get who they want discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom