I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

Dead end job.
I respectfully disagree, didn't McLwain or whatever get the Florida gig out of there, also there have been other coaches that have done well there. It's not a P5 gig but it isn't that bad. You can move up from there.

This AD has been extremely tight lipped I doubt more than a few have a clue and the rest speculation.
I trust the OP his sources nailed the NCAA news this week. I am not a fan of Oregeron but I trust he is being considered. We have no clue who the AD has contacted as I am sure non-disclosure has been part of it since we have heard nothing and we are all going thru agent leaks to get who they want discussed.
I take everything I hear with a grain of salt. But, I'm also confident that what I hear comes from informed places.

I respectfully disagree, didn't McLwain or whatever get the Florida gig out of there, also there have been other coaches that have done well there. It's not a P5 gig but it isn't that bad. You can move up from there.
I'm saying that for Frost. Not overall. He's got nothing to gain by going to CSU when if he's patient he'll have a slew of P5 offers. Too much risk for him in going to a place like CSU, hence the dead end reference.

I hope I don't have to wait that long. Hope there is an announcement today or tomorrow.
I doubt it'll be that soon. But if it's Frost, it will be sooner than later. Again - just depends on if he accepts, basically.

This AD has been extremely tight lipped I doubt more than a few have a clue and the rest speculation.
I trust the OP his sources nailed the NCAA news this week. I am not a fan of Oregeron but I trust he is being considered. We have no clue who the AD has contacted as I am sure non-disclosure has been part of it since we have heard nothing and we are all going thru agent leaks to get who they want discussed.
I don't doubt for a second he's got sources here, believe me. The only reason I'm a bit dismissive of this one is because I've talked to numerous people, all telling me the same thing about Orgeron not being high enough on the list at the moment.

Not saying things can't change, but I guess I lean toward my sources basically because I know who they are, and what their connections are, and don't know who the OP's sources are so I'm obviously inclined to go with my guys.

We need someone who can scheme more than recruit.
Interesting comment. I do agree with you. At some point of time recruiting will have to improve. Once we have success it will. But your right, the more I think of it we do need someone who can out scheme and win with equal to lesser talented players.

gilardino said:
Sources are hearing Ed Oregon

There are a number of ex players from that era lobbying for EO, but I don't think he's it.

Alsacs said:
This AD has been extremely tight lipped I doubt more than a few have a clue and the rest speculation. I trust the OP his sources nailed the NCAA news this week. I am not a fan of Oregeron but I trust he is being considered. We have no clue who the AD has contacted as I am sure non-disclosure has been part of it since we have heard nothing and we are all going thru agent leaks to get who they want discussed.

I'd trust Jek and Finwad on this, I think.

I agree...but it's more realistic that we can use the dome to our advantage than it it's to upgrade recruiting to that degree.
People have been talking about using the Dome for a run and gun offense for years yet none of these coaches have come close to recruiting for it for some reason.

There are a number of ex players from that era lobbying for EO, but I don't think he's it.
If Ed O was brought back, how many of those same guys would open up their checkbook? How many would be around campus to help the program?

KaiserUEO said:
KIDS!!! What is your Kaisers 1st rule of board protocol??? oh that's right...nobody follows it. COMMON SENSE. It's not Eddie O.

That's def not your first rule, IMO.

But I agree with you. It's not EO.

Dave Warner is in his mid 50's and was a career position coach until three years ago, and he is now co-coordinator.

What about that resume says P5 HC?
I understand your point, that is exactly how Michigan St. is looked at. I really want to see someone that wants to be here long term, Frost certainly won't. I don't think we are going pay to get a high quality coordinator or current HC.
At Warner's age and ties I think he could be that guy. I don't have the connections that many of you do, just a fan that hopes the right choice is made, can't stand to keep going thru what we have been going thru.
Can he recruit, know a lot about Northeast football, have ties to the program, this is what I hope Coyle is looking for.

I'd trust Jek and Finwad on this, I think.
Go ahead that is your right. I trust those guys have sources as well. I appreciate all info I am just saying the OP just nailed the NCAA announcement so that freshness is why I am believing. I would hate hiring Eddie O.

Former players are one constituency. As Barry Goldwater once said, " Give me five minutes and I will show you a constituency for red-headed left-handed pitchers."

But I want Ed Oregon. He conquered the West and could be paid in beaver pelts and a log cabin at Skytop. ;)

Just get the search over with already. The suspense is killing me. :eat popcorn:

Reread the OP. He's not saying it's EO. Look at the last name closely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom