I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

Not the old hack, he would say yesterday was far too macabre for him to squire the virtues of that young whiz bang from Eugene by way of Lincoln.

My guess is Brett "needs the"Axe.
I would guess, Nico. He's always been fair to the University.

Then our first P-S article/poll/click bait

Is new Syracuse Coach Xxxxxx too old, too young, too white, too black to be successful here?

I refuse to go to their site or click on their links anymore. I used to go to their site numerous times per day years ago.

Honestly, I think that's what Lester was trying to do with the offense this year.

Teams with lesser talent, like Navy and Army, run the option.

That's exactly what he was trying to do, and sometimes it was pretty successful.

I can agree with part of that. Lester pretty much had a little of everything (hence the "multiple" moniker}. He had zone read, play action and some triple option. I think that was its downfall. We really weren't very good at any one thing. It seemed to me he was searching all season. In the beginning, we ran more pays from the double wing and then at the end very little (I did not see the BC game as it was blacked out here). That may account for the up and down O Line performance.

I don't think he ever figured it out, but defenses did. I understand that he was moving away from the heavy formation with two tight ends and was going to jettison it next year. Lester, to his credit was more willing to throw in the red zone and achieved considerable improvement there. However, that was about the only area we improved on offense.

I have been wrong before. Could be wrong again. We shall see. My money on frost but I am not sold on Frost
You're not sold on Frost? You think you know more than people who have actually played and coached the game, and have been around football professionals for a number of years. You think posting on a fan forum gives you some special insights?

Last edited:
You're not sold on Frost? You think you know more than people who have actually played and coached the game, and have been around football professionals for a number of years. You think posting on a fan forum gives you some special insights?

Does gilardino have to be sold on Frost for him to come here or be successful?

You honestly think he knows about those "concerns"? I don't.

Any layperson can have concerns. I have them and my first is that he has never run a program from top to bottom. As someone already said, nobody is a sure thing hire, nobody.

Amazing how little respect SU football gets - this is from the Washington Post just now. The second time in a week they have forgotten that SU is actually part of the ACC in a football article.

The move ends months of speculation as to London’s future as Virginia joins the dozen or so programs across the country hunting for head coaches, including South Carolina, Southern California and Maryland. Within the ACC alone, Miami fired Coach Al Golden earlier this season and Virginia Tech’s Franks Beamer is stepping down, rumored to be replaced by Memphis’s Justin Fuente.

Yeah, can someone name me coaches who are home run hires? That dont have any negatives? also have to be a realistic option. Even Jim Tressel would be a issue. Compliance wouldnt give him a chance with his track record.

Because they don't run it. Install the offense you want and then recruit for it

Making it up as you go to fit untalented players doesn't work

Coaches need to install a system that works with the players on the roster and evolve based on new recruits. The square peg in a round whole does not work and is sure way to get a coach fired before his first contract is up.

Mark, was it the "fantasy" or the "things are getting wild" reference that triggered this connection for you? A cigar is never just a cigar... :cool:

And the fact that 690 "liked" the post...

Lucky for me, I know you two!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom