I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

VirginiaOrange said:
People have been talking about using the Dome for a run and gun offense for years yet none of these coaches have come close to recruiting for it for some reason.

What coach here has ever sincerely tried? I can't name a one.

We need someone who can scheme more than recruit.
Wouldn't that favor Babers? The guy can scheme, we all know that. As far as the ranking of his recruiting class goes...its Bowling freaking Green!

JeremyCuse said:
Not trying to validate the OP but two different people I spoke with today who have connections mentioned they were hearing Eddie O. Perhaps in a DC/AHC role but there is definitely some smoke out there.

This would best case ever! Here to recruit and be the nutcase that a DC needs to be but hopefully someone a little more cerebral when it comes to running a football program. My only doubt would be would an incoming HC want to have their DC named for them already? Love it though.

What coach here has ever sincerely tried? I can't name a one.
Were you not excited by Hackett's offense in 2012? I know it was a blip and it didn't really click until halfway through the season, but it was pretty up tempo, Nassib broke every Syracuse passing record, and watching Syracuse spank a ranked Louisville team followed by the beatdown of WVU in the Pinstripe bowl was as entertained as I have been by Syracuse football in a long time.

money3189 said:
Interesting comment. I do agree with you. At some point of time recruiting will have to improve. Once we have success it will. But your right, the more I think of it we do need someone who can out scheme and win with equal to lesser talented players.

Honestly, I think that's what Lester was trying to do with the offense this year.

Teams with lesser talent, like Navy and Army, run the option.

That's exactly what he was trying to do, and sometimes it was pretty successful.

Hearing that there is only 1 interview today not 2. Also hearing contract should be finalized and announcement by Wednesday.

So, the leaks should be hitting twitter and the internet later today, right?

Honestly, I think that's what Lester was trying to do with the offense this year.

Teams with lesser talent, like Navy and Army, run the option.

That's exactly what he was trying to do, and sometimes it was pretty successful.
I don't want to kick the staff when they're down, but if the plan was truly to run the option in the Dome, they made it too easy for Coyle to let them go.

Deciding to run the option here is an admission of failure. We have the IPF. We give scholarships. We're not a service academy.

Yeah, Georgia Tech. So what? They don't play in a Dome.

TheInterview-TheMovie.jpg

I understand your point, that is exactly how Michigan St. is looked at. I really want to see someone that wants to be here long term, Frost certainly won't. I don't think we are going pay to get a high quality coordinator or current HC.
At Warner's age and ties I think he could be that guy. I don't have the connections that many of you do, just a fan that hopes the right choice is made, can't stand to keep going thru what we have been going thru.
Can he recruit, know a lot about Northeast football, have ties to the program, this is what I hope Coyle is looking for.

The only guys who want to be here long term are the ones who suck. I bet Robinson would still be here if we didn't fire him.

cvillecuse said:
Were you not excited by Hackett's offense in 2012? I know it was a blip and it didn't really click until halfway through the season, but it was pretty up tempo, Nassib broke every Syracuse passing record, and watching Syracuse spank a ranked Louisville team followed by the beatdown of WVU in the Pinstripe bowl was as entertained as I have been by Syracuse football in a long time.

That was great, and an aberration. Hell, they scrapped what they had planned and implemented a new approach in August of that season. It was not the result of a planned system, it was a one off. And of course Shafer, the continuity hire, blew it up as soon as he was hired.

Hearing that there is only 1 interview today not 2. Also hearing contract should be finalized and announcement by Wednesday.
So how many guys in total will have been interviewed? Sounds like he knew who he wanted before making the move to fire Shafer (which I suspected) and that the true field of candidates is very small.

Hard to believe Orgeron has had much time this week since the LSU situation had to have had Miles working his guys hard. Thus I cannot imagine he is in the mix. LSU staff fighting for their jobs and he is taking calls from Syracuse?

I'm not picky...I'd love Babers.

Wouldn't that favor Babers? The guy can scheme, we all know that. As far as the ranking of his recruiting class goes...its Bowling freaking Green!

Not the old hack, he would say yesterday was far too macabre for him to squire the virtues of that young whiz bang from Eugene by way of Lincoln.

My guess is Brett "needs the"Axe.
A non PS journo

Not the old hack, he would say yesterday was far too macabre for him to squire the virtues of that young whiz bang from Eugene by way of Lincoln.

My guess is Brett "needs the"Axe.

Then our first P-S article/poll/click bait

Is new Syracuse Coach Xxxxxx too old, too young, too white, too black to be successful here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom