I hope Frank can learn to shoot | Syracusefan.com

I hope Frank can learn to shoot

It would be nice if he could at least develop a set-shot for when he is wide open. Nobody seems to do that anymore though.

Unbelievable.

You should see some of the posts I've seen on social media. I've been defending him. But keep sitting in your little box friend :)

Frank will be good down the road but he's no Battle. That's just fact. Battle has way more blow by ability and explosiveness. Howard sees the floor well but Battle can pass as well. He doesn't have the limitations Howard has. I realize Battle isn't some Carmelo/Durant type talent either as well. IMO, Battle is going to handle the ball more than anybody and when he slides to the 2 and Frank plays point we'll be really good too.

Last edited:
Frank will be good down the road but he's no Battle. That's just fact. Battle has way more blow by ability and explosiveness. Howard sees the floor well but Battle can pass as well. He doesn't have the limitations Howard has. Battle isn't some Carmelo/Durant type talent either. Battle is going to handle the ball more than anybody and when he slides to the 2 and Frank plays point we'll be really good too.

Battle Howard Richardson Lydon 7'2

gg NCAA

Anyone got Howard's shooting numbers in the pre-season games? I feel like he shot well enough in those. It's hard to judge his shot much at all at this point. It's gonna amp up the pressure quite a bit whenever you do decide to pull the trigger.

Howard was somewhat competent as a scorer/ shooter in high school. I'm optimistic he will at least be a threat next year, so defenders will not be able to just sag off him. He has to work on his defense too.

Franks gonna be real solid next yr. imo if Battle cant handle the point, Frank will be able to just fine, and hes gonna have plenty of weapons around him. If i could buy Franks stock, i would!

Edit and no reason his shot/scoring cant improve

Me too. But even if he doesn't, I still think he'll be a good college PG. Lazarus Sims had one of the best seasons an SU PG has ever had and he wasn't a good shooter. Howard's size and court vision remind me of Z, though I think Howard is a little more athletic. Hopefully he'll play with the same level of poise once it's his show to run.

Look at how similar Howard's numbers so far are compared to Lazarus Sims' redshirt sophomore season stats. Almost identical.

2015-16 Howard: 248(1 less than this, but the number is blocked from being posted...SMH) minutes, 13-49 shooting, .265%, 38 points, 43 assists, 36 rebounds, 18 turnovers.

1993-94 Sims: 251 minutes, 11-46 shooting, .239%, 34 points, 50 assists, 29 rebounds, 26 turnovers.

Me too. But even if he doesn't, I still think he'll be a good college PG. Lazarus Sims had one of the best seasons an SU PG has ever had and he wasn't a good shooter. Howard's size and court vision remind me of Z, though I think Howard is a little more athletic. Hopefully he'll play with the same level of poise once it's his show to run.

Z was actually decent shooter his senior year. At least a clutch shooter.

Give an "A" to 'Z"

Z was actually decent shooter his senior year. At least a clutch shooter.

Give an "A" to 'Z"

Yeah, he definitely improved and he shot good %'s both his junior and senior years because he was very selective and basically never took a bad shot. 35-66(53%) and 10-29(34.5%) from 3 as a junior and 75-172(43.5%) and 26-72(36.1%) as a senior.

But as for "clutch", those back to back 3's he hit to bring us back against Georgia were one of my favorite things that ever happened in sports.

His shot looks smooth enough. There's no glaring mechanics issues. I think he'll become a good enough shooter that he can hit open threes next year and force the defense to play up on him and not give the Rondo cushion.

You cant learn how to shoot. Everyone who has ever played the game knows who the shooters are by 8th grade. Sure he can get better become maybe get a decent shot but he will never be a shooter if he isnt already.

You cant learn how to shoot. Everyone who has ever played the game knows who the shooters are by 8th grade. Sure he can get better become maybe get a decent shot but he will never be a shooter if he isnt already.
How did G shoot his freshman/soph year, remember when he was Silent G? My recollection is not too good. He sure lit it up today tho, no question he was a shooter today!

Are you assessing his form, or that he has a red light right now?

just hope i don't read a "but we're only playing 4 on 5" post when he's in there offensively. cuz option 1 ain't much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom