I hope Frank can learn to shoot | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I hope Frank can learn to shoot

It's not a negative lol. Kidd was a really good shooter in his prime.

The Curry post was mocking the idiots who think he needs to play at a level no one has ever played at for like 10 years.

And I guess Kidd really did suck at the beginning of his career. So I'll modify it to Kidd at his best shooting is better than Melo at his best but I admit it's closer than I thought.

45%>>40%. Not even close.

And Scoop's shot was truly broken. Frank's got a lot more to work with, and no one can draw too many conclusions about someone who's taken so few shots.

Shooting aside, we're going to have a veteran guard playing a ton of minutes off the bench next season. Has anyone (not addressing this to you, Cusefan) ever seen a Boeheim team play before? We're projecting to start two kids who've never played a minute of guard for Syracuse next season. Boeheim is going to be ready to yank Battle and Richardson so fast for defensive lapses. Howard's not likely to start, but he's the only guy with experience (assuming the Joseph experiment ends) and is going to play heavy minutes during the starting guards' many retributive "educational" moments.

Yank them for who, Howard? Maybe except if Howard starts. I could certainly see a starting lineup next year of

Howard, Battle, Richardson, Lydon and Coleman

should be interesting

two guards graduate and he won't start next year

I think you are off base. I actually think he starts the games over Tyus, with Tyus off the bench and playing a lot of both the 1 and 2. I believe Tyus see's 6 man time a lot like Dion did and is very successful. Time will tell...and he might be our starting 1...but that's how I see it. I feel like we have see this situation a lot with JB and incoming frosh guards.

I think you are off base. I actually think he starts the games over Tyus, with Tyus off the bench and playing a lot of both the 1 and 2. I believe Tyus see's 6 man time a lot like Dion did and is very successful. Time will tell...and he might be our starting 1...but that's how I see it. I feel like we have see this situation a lot with JB and incoming frosh guards.

I could actually see this happening. But will it say more about Howard's improvement or Battle not being ready to be a PTP?

As for Dion's 6th man role, don't forget we had Joseph, Jackson, Scoop, and Triche as our starters Waiters frosh year, all 4 of which scored 10.8, 9.7, 9.1, and 8.1 per game the previous year while being the third through sixth scoring options behind Wes Johnson and Andy Rautins. So it wasn't a stretch to see all 4 of them being double digit scorers as they moved up in the pecking order. The only guaranteed double digit scorers I see next year are Lydon and Richardon.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't think Tyus flipped his comment from Michigan so he could come of the bench. Can Howard improve enough to get rid of the dog shock collar. I don't know but would be great to have options.

I don't think Tyus flipped his comment from Michigan so he could come of the bench. Can Howard improve enough to get rid of the dog shock collar. I don't know but would be great to have options.

well, I am sure that JB doesn't care why he flipped his decision. He will play the team that makes the most sense to him.

patcuse said:

The amount of players under JB who improve enough by their upperclassman years to get rid if the quick hook is a big number.

They either get better, stay in their lane, or some combination of both. If they don't, they sit or move on.

Next year it is Battle, Richardson, Lydon, Roberson and Coleman for starters. Howard, Moyer and Chukwu off the bench. Could add another power forward/center for some minutes. Roberson and Coleman are subject to getting early hooks. Think about how long that zone is with Chukwu in the middle.

Why is everyone so confident that Roberson is coming back? If he doesn't snap out of it the rest of the way then it's clear that he's ready to move on.

Next year it is Battle, Richardson, Lydon, Roberson and Coleman for starters. Howard, Moyer and Chukwu off the bench. Could add another power forward/center for some minutes. Roberson and Coleman are subject to getting early hooks. Think about how long that zone is with Chukwu in the middle.
That's my starting 5 also. Will be interesting after that with all the different combinations. Many players with multiple positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom