I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hope Geno Thorpe watched our game last night...

No. The only basis i have is comparing syracuse to other programs that i have had direct experience with. My father on the other hand does have extensive medical experience. You seem to be close to the program. What is your opinion of our foorball and basketball medical staffs?
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night, too?

Yes. And maybe the Head coach could have played him a few more minutes than a scrub would get. This was a 5th year guy that he showed no confidence in. It does work both ways. Thorpe should have stayed if it was only about playing time but the Coach could be a bit more sensitive to the needs of some of his older players. Maybe he thought last night, I wish I had played Thorpe more earlier

Respect the opinion but I disagree. Frustration with JB I get. Disappointment with PT simply means a guy wants to play and I get it. But to bail that quickly when you were literally dragging a leg around the court like he had been maimed in a hunting accident vs. scsu and then he was gone a couple weeks later. He was also playing behind a veteran guard (who clearly has flaws but is also a pretty solid player and good defender) and a potential first-rounder in battle. And after last years OOC disaster, JB had no interest in f-ing around.

Just have to feel it’s more on geno than JB in this instance.

No. The only basis i have is comparing syracuse to other programs that i have had direct experience with. My father on the other hand does have extensive medical experience. You seem to be close to the program. What is your opinion of our foorball and basketball medical staffs?
Oh, honestly I have no opinion. One way or the other. I'm really not that close to the program per se. I am close to people that are close to both programs and I can honestly say that I have never mentioned our training staff with them once. Nor have they mentioned it to me.

Oh, honestly I have no opinion. One way or the other. I'm really not that close to the program per se. I am close to people that are close to both programs and I can honestly say that I have never mentioned our training staff with them once. Nor have they mentioned it to me.
Thx. When i was living in KC i had access to KU as we supported the program and i felt that they were excellent. Here in CO im involved with some of the best orthopedic docs on the planet so im biased. Doug M pushed for better facilities and staff and we all know that Dino has completely revamped the football S&C program. Having been exposed to other programs i simply believe that we can provide our student athletes with better medical support and care and to me as a parent that would be something i would heavily weigh if my Son or Daughter were considering playing a sport at Syracuse.

So what's the issue with the basketball med staff?

So what's the issue with the basketball med staff?
It is an opinion not an issue. What is your opinion of the basketball med staff?

It is an opinion not an issue. What is your opinion of the basketball med staff?

I think their fine and so do the players.

Eh Geno was not very good and was not playing much. I don’t see what he adds

Really? You don't see what he adds after a night like last night where Battle has to sit for 7 or 8 minutes with four fouls and JB plays HW because he feels like he has no other alternative?

Sid wanted to play and did not want a medical redshirt. Stop the dramatics.

I came to the same conclusion based on JB's post-game comments. It was Bourama's decision.

Injury or no injury, I was not impressed with GT. Who's to say he would've played in this game and not sure he would have been effective. For the first time this season I actually thought about TT and how he would've made a big difference in this game.

Thorpe isnt talented enough to have made a difference in this game.

No. CTO has the ability to help shape this program at a level very few do. The seemingly lack of competence by both the football and basketball medical staffs needs to be addressed and should in my opinion take precedence over the decision that GT made. Maybe if Geno had been provided with more expert care he would have come back in a better position to perform at a level that would have resulted in a different outcome.

Clearly you have an informed opinion about the medical staff. Respectable.

But clearly, it is contaminating your view on a lot of things, including why or why not Geno Thorpe left the school. Not sure it is healthy to overly apply your opinion on the med staff in the broadest form relating to why things happen or don’t with the players.

I disagree Thorpe played what he should have played. We ain't missing him at all. Worst thing in the world to me is a kid that quits.
So everyone should stay with their first job? It was time for him to move on. He wasn't happy. Good luck to him.

If he comes off the bench for 10 minutes and makes a couple shots, we win.
Once HW figures out the difference between a good shot and a bad shot, he’ll be able to do the same thing.

My guess is he's moved on like most of us have. Not sure he would have thought anything if in fact he bothered to watch the game.

Once HW figures out the difference between a good shot and a bad shot, he’ll be able to do the same thing.

Probably. That’s not helping us right now though. 5th year guy who averaged 15 ppg last year probably could’ve given us at least a couple buckets assuming he got healthy. Frustrating situation all the way around IMO.

I disagree Thorpe played what he should have played. We ain't missing him at all. Worst thing in the world to me is a kid that quits.

Fortunately for us, you don't play for SU. Who are you to judge a kid who's making a decision that will impact his life?

I just can't believe he would pass up an opportunity to get an advanced degree. This is all about the student athletes and their education.

I believe you may have forgotten to use a special font...

Almost got me with that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom