If our OL performs/holds up we are going to score some pts. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

If our OL performs/holds up we are going to score some pts.

You honestly think Marrones staff is as good as this staff at recruiting? I really don't see it.

Isn't really comparing apples and oranges at this point?

Recruiting to Syracuse University today is a lot different than it was from 2009 to 2012.

Really almost a world away.

OrangePA said:
Isn't really comparing apples and oranges at this point? Recruiting to Syracuse University today is a lot different than it was from 2009 to 2012. Really almost a world away.

I was implying "all things being equal" (both have IPF, etc,)

TheCusian said:
I was implying "all things being equal" (both have IPF, etc,)
It goes so much further then the IPF though. We didn't have anything that you wouldn't see at a good D3 school facilities wise until 2012. I'm saying it's almost impossible to fairly compare, so we really have no idea how good of a recruit Marrone was. I actually think he was pretty good all things considered.

It goes so much further then the IPF though. We didn't have anything that you wouldn't see at a good D3 school facilities wise until 2012. I'm saying it's almost impossible to fairly compare, so we really have no idea how good of a recruit Marrone was. I actually think he was pretty good all things considered.
Doug did a good job while he was here, but he left, so its time for everyone to move on. This was started as a thread about the offensive line, and how we'll do, lets get back to that topic.

Ok back to OL. After reading the article about Emerich. Very nice article about his internship experience. He is a nice young man but hasnt crack the line up. In that picture it doesnt look like he is building any muscle to his frame. He doesnt even look like the weight listed on the roster. So my question is Do the staff bring him back for his 5th year? Its been 4 years and he is probably on pace to graduate. What do u guys think?

Ok back to OL. After reading the article about Emerich. Very nice article about his internship experience. He is a nice young man but hasnt crack the line up. In that picture it doesnt look like he is building any muscle to his frame. He doesnt even look like the weight listed on the roster. So my question is Do the staff bring him back for his 5th year? Its been 4 years and he is probably on pace to graduate. What do u guys think?

tough call but im always of the opinion you bring back 5th year interior line guys.

Interesting question. My gut tells me Deurig will be ready to start. Moore and Foster add enough depth at center to make Emerich expendable.

If he has his degree and isn't putting in the work to meet the staff's physical development goals (or isn't able to), then IMO he would be moving on. As long as he's got the degree. The incoming class is setting a good example for what kind of effort we need.

Unless the staff thinks he gives us a better option than any of the young guys. But even there, it's almost like we're comparing a one-year JUCO to bringing in another good prospect, and we've seen which way the staff leans in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom