in 2013 Villanova lost their strenth & conditioning coach to Ohio St. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

in 2013 Villanova lost their strenth & conditioning coach to Ohio St.

Not saying it is, but SU sure didn't look like the better conditioned athletes out there on Friday night, especially since the offense had just about the entire 4th quarter off.

Just pointing out that Luther might have contributed more to SU football than the asst. coaches who left with Marrone.

I'm hoping its just our players (and coaches perhaps) were looking past this game and that VU just came out hungrier and with more intensity. The amount of "injured" SU players, though, was very surprising for me and I can see why some are saying this is on the S&C program. We just didn't have any hunger or intensity in this game - for what ever reason.

Not saying it is, but SU sure didn't look like the better conditioned athletes out there on Friday night, especially since the offense had just about the entire 4th quarter off.

Just pointing out that Luther might have contributed more to SU football than the asst. coaches who left with Marrone.

The Orange looked overmatched from the outset of the game.

I can't believe that that was conditioning.

I wish I understood the game better than I do.

I remain utterly perplexed by what I saw on Friday night.

I was around the Mac, P., G-Rob., HCDM, and now HCSS era. S&C coach works for the Head coach, and does what the boss says if they want to keep their job. If you are trying to lay any blame on Will Hicks for the Robinson era, you are out of your mind!

I could point to Jamal Dumas' gut from the Coach P era.

After the lax team won the back to back titles 5-6 yrs ago many on the team praised Luther. That's when I changed my sig from "Fire Will Hicks" to "Luther > Hicks"

We were the bigger team we should have wore them down. We had physical mismatches all over the field.
No team can wear down another running that dinky offense we ran Friday, way too many bubble screens which do nothing to wear out the other team. That offense also tells the offensive line that they are not an important part of the game plan, and it is only natural for them to not play at the level they otherwise might or should.
I know we had a couple linemen out, and that may have been the reason for the play calling, but I still believe the plays called were a mistake once they were not really racking up significant yards.

OrangePA said:
The Orange looked overmatched from the outset of the game. I can't believe that that was conditioning. I wish I understood the game better than I do. I remain utterly perplexed by what I saw on Friday night.

Most of it was scheme. The 3-3 stack on D and Roberstons running on O made it seem more dominant than it was.

The other bit was mental, I think. Classic P5 "we should just blow them out" - then they get hit in the mouth and realize just about the time of Hunt's punch -and realized it was going to be much tougher than they thought.

Looked like the bully when the little guy punches back.

KaiserUEO said:
Warren Sapp and his gut are in the HOF. This whole thread is Fn nonsense.
Dumas wasn't a tackle. He looked like one so I can see how you got mixed up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom