Is Boeheim Serious??? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Is Boeheim Serious???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

A team that averaged 80+ on the season. We hold them to 30 points below their average = WORTHLESS ZONE DEFENSE!!!!
We run the shot clock down to 0 almost every possession and slow teams down with our snails pace. It's tough to run n gun and score 80+ when we make 2010 Butler who beat us look like the Runnin Rebels.

Before the sanctions we were a #1 seed twice. We seem to beat good teams even short handed. But well done. On the night of a tournament win, you bitch. You are ridiculous.
Dasher is right. We shut their o down for most part. Wasn’t pretty but it was a win with 7 players.

No jimmys coaching did
Trunk monkey wasnt strategic it was desperation- and Malachi went nitro. Jb even said later that Hop was the one who suggested they just isolate and spread the floor. Just stating the facts.

What about the very clear “I TOLD YOU TO MISS!!” part. Lol

And it was clear watching it again that his anger started when the ball went thru the hoop.

Oh well, all’s well that ends well. Just kind of an unnecessary reaction because either way we were winning at that point. But I’m so happy that he found a way to win another one, especially after how that 2nd half started.

I dont take sides here because success speaks for itself, but we play very slow on offense and teams take a lot of time v our defense. I dont have the stats but im guessing there are less possessions in our game. You would admit thats a big part of it?
Sure that's some of it. But, for the majority of the game, we forced them to take very difficult shots. Look at their shooting %. Look at their 3pt shooting %.

Sure that's some of it. But, for the majority of the game, we forced them to take very difficult shots. Look at their shooting %. Look at their 3pt shooting %.

I agree defense wasnt the issue. I still dont get the reaction but its really moot. We win either way. Lgo

Ok then why freak out... im cool w the zone. Big jb fan. Im just baffled by that decision/reaction.
I think he freaked cause he told him to miss and Frank didn’t even try to miss. Jim is old school and if that was Knight that kid wouldn’t play next game even if it was championship. I don’t disagree with Jim only on I told u to do my way and Frank didn’t listen.

OMG... Yes...Yes it absolutely was.

how was the zone a problem?
Absolutely. As bad as we are offensively, only reason we almost lost was because of how we played the zone.

This might be the dumbest take in board history!!! Man this guy complained so much in the game thread, to try and blame the zone tonight after we won and held them way below their season average its baffling

I think he freaked cause he told him to miss and Frank didn’t even try to miss. Jim is old school and if that was Knight that kid wouldn’t play next game even if it was championship. I don’t disagree with Jim only on I told u to do my way and Frank didn’t listen.

Fair

how was the zone a problem?

This might be the dumbest take in board history!!! Man this guy complained so much in the game thread, to try and blame the zone tonight after we won and held them way below their season average its baffling
You can disagree with me but I cannot handle the stupidity of having to debate those who use "but but but we held them below 80" as a legit reason for why our defense was good.

I agree w your OP - really weird that JB would want him to miss.

It's the garbage elsewhere in the thread complaining about the defense

Yea I had no idea it would delve into this lol..:vomit:

Kids sick plays his heart out grabs the bound, ices the game and gets screamed at by his coach. Regardless of what JB wanted did he have to ruin it for him? Couldn't he have "corrected" him later?

As far as our defense, ASU put up 102 in a win against Xavier, a #1 seed. They put up 95 in a win against Kansas, I believe they are a #1 seed as well. ASU shot below their average from 3 tonight. But our defense wasn't good tonight. Or so I told.

You can disagree with me but I cannot handle the stupidity of having to debate those who use "but but but we held them below 80" as a legit reason for why our defense was good.

Debate you how? you complain about the zone 24/7, the zone kept us in the game, a game that we won and held a team that averages 80 plus points to 56, i don't get how your going to argue this...but but but WE WON THE GAME

Trunk monkey wasnt strategic it was desperation- and Malachi went nitro. Jb even said later that Hop was the one who suggested they just isolate and spread the floor. Just stating the facts.

Yeah, just the facts. That’s your MO.

Kids sick plays his heart out grabs the bound, ices the game and gets screamed at by his coach. Regardless of what JB wanted did he have to ruin it for him? Couldn't he have "corrected" him later?
I am not a fan of the way JB sometimes treats his players but it was emotional. I would cut everyone including the coach a little slack.

your complaint and take right now is so absurd no one even really wants to debate you, i don't like JB yelling at frank at the end of the game either but in the end we won the game so who really cares, I'm sure frank could care less about that right now and so can i

I have to believe Coach lost track of the score. A 4-point lead is better than a 3-point lead with .4 left.

Because people are involved with clock management a team might get more than .4 to get off a shot and if it miraculously goes in it's overtime if the lead was 3, not if the lead was 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom