is hop kidding me?? | Syracusefan.com

is hop kidding me??

Expected more from him after being an asset forever, I don't think he is the answer after jb

This is nuts, because he doesn't call one timeout he is no longer qualified to be the coach. Every coach in every game is going to make mistakes. If we make foul shots and don't miss layup' we win the game. We are not a perfect team, played in a hostile environment, and came close to pulling it out. Solid effort.

The importance of the coach in a situation down the stretch I think is way overblown. Would a timeout have helped? Probably, but we can't say for sure. Ask any great coach how they won so many games and the answer is always "I've had a lot of great players." Well, we have two fifth year senior guards who did nothing for us the last five minutes and Cooney had the worst turnover of the game (albeit he played well for most the game). Hop is still new to this, give me a break guys! The players determine the outcome in the games, coaches can make an impact but even JB himself will tell you the impact of the coach is often overestimated. Our players didn't make the plays and Pitt did, simple as that.

Mal got to the rim whenever he wanted, only ran it for him a few times. Call a play once in a while. Don't like Hop, he has no fire in him like he did when he played. We can do much better for a coach imo

For real? Like a timeout would have solved our rebounding issue. Oh wait, it would have helped us make free throws...my bad.
Our mental mistakes increased dramatically starting around the 5 minute mark. We were exhausted and Pitt was taking momentum. We had 3 TOs. Call one just to give our backcourt their first rest!

Mal got to the rim whenever he wanted, only ran it for him a few times. Call a play once in a while. Don't like Hop, he has no fire in him like he did when he played. We can do much better for a coach imo
No fire? Funniest dumb thing I've read on here all night. You can question his game management (in game 7 of his coaching career as HC) but I would never question his passion. He is very animated with his players on the sideline. If you think anyone in that arena wanted to win more than Hop than you are blind.

Slapping hands with guys who will never see the light of day, thats not fire, thats cheerleading

You drink the Hop koolaid, has he made a difference in any game he's coached so far, nope

Really? You make this judgment after watching a few games when he is coaching someone else's team? Ridiculous.

Judging his coaching acumen and making bold statements about his capacity to coach the team is going overboard. However, we can make judgements on some of his game management decisions. I do think he needs to use his timeouts better. That's a fair criticism.

That d has been the same for 20 years, no surprises, what you see is what you get. We had a real chance tonight, but cant seem to find a blow at any time during the game for the guys we need down the stretch, other teams do it and usually at our expense et al G'town and St Johns games this year

Judging his coaching acumen and making bold statements about his capacity to coach the team is going overboard. However, we can make judgements on some of his game management decisions. I do think he needs to use his timeouts better. That's a fair criticism.
That wasn't the judgment I was talking about.

Name one adjustment that he has made in any game
Hop utilized his substitutions well tonight. He went with the bigger line up and it worked. That's a darn good adjustment right there. The Chino sub at the end of half 1 was good as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom