Is it wise to do this? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it wise to do this?

Take them to the top of Crouse College and give them a lunch tray. If they’re afraid to go down the hill, send them home?.

It snows in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts, Wisconsin and Minnesota to name a few and we recruit against schools in those states. I think it’s a non issue. Students come from California, Texas, Florida, Georgia among other warm weather states and it doesn’t impact their decisions. Plus, we get much less snow in the recent past than we used to.
Money to players is much more impactful than snow in 2022!

I don't think it really matters.

Kids understand Syracuse is not in the Deep South. And it is always warm in the JMA Wireless Dome!
The recruits will see that Syracuse takes care of snow unlike the South where one inch of snow will paralyze a state for three days

It snows in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts, Wisconsin and Minnesota to name a few and we recruit against schools in those states. I think it’s a non issue. Students come from California, Texas, Florida, Georgia among other warm weather states and it doesn’t impact their decisions. Plus, we get much less snow in the recent past than we used to.
I remember riding in an elevator and a woman told people that her daughter was accepted by Michigan and some idiot says "I hope she likes snow". What an moron, it's a fine education not a vacation.

I remember riding in an elevator and a woman told people that her daughter was accepted by Michigan and some idiot says "I hope she likes snow". What an moron, it's a fine education not a vacation.
That reminds me of the movie, "The Other Guys" as they're arresting the villain and one of the cops says, "I hope he likes prison food" and another cop yells out , "and d&#k!"

this point is so over exaggerated. It’s snows here, it snows in half of America too. It doesn’t make a difference, embrace it, it’s apart of our culture. People aren’t choosing Penn state, Ohio st., Michigan, etc over Syracuse because it snows here.

You only care about snow when you are a mediocre program. I doubt Michigan fans are worried about snow effecting their recruiting. And they play outdoors!!

It also snows in PA, VA and NC.

It also snows in PA, VA and NC.
YOU come to SU to play football not worry about how much snow is on the ground.

I have heard that bull long enough. And, you are playing in the greatest university Dome there is.

Pity the recruit who has to stay away because of snow.

The best recruits shouldn't have to worry anyway. They're going to play for a blue blood program or some other place in the south. But, I have been to GA in winter and it was snowing and below freezing so it really doesn't matter does it?

Some people actually love snow; we have family friends from Zambia who just saw snow for the first time last weekend. Their kids couldn’t have been happier. Also Christmas is in 9 days, there are people in other parts of the country that would be delighted with snow this time of year. At least in theory they would.

That reminds me of the movie, "The Other Guys" as they're arresting the villain and one of the cops says, "I hope he likes prison food" and another cop yells out , "and d&#k!"
I had no expectations for that movie, but enjoyed it, for the most part.

I think it can work to our advantage. All the other winter wonderlands can’t say they get to play inside. They see snow at SU and see how comfortable it is in the Dome. Big Ten schools can’t say that or other eastern schools.

I dont know that snow is really an issue to most kids.. its the cold that really gets people and we see less of that every year it seems..

With this thread title, I expected so much more. :(

Agreed 144%!

Was expecting something like:

/ is it wise to do this?

// explains what ‘this’ is
(which is clearly unwise)

/// HOLD MY BEER!! :p

I really don't get the weather thing with 18-22 year old kids. I hate the cold now, which is why I live in Tampa, and previously San Diego. However, when I was a freshman years ago, I had fun with it. It's not like it's your final destination, just somewhere to be for 4 years (hopefully).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom