Is JAB our Dave Winfield? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is JAB our Dave Winfield?

Yeah, Steinbrenner was a moron. A billionaire moron who owned the world's most famous sports franchise and won eight gazillion championships. What a moron.

who also got suspended for hiring a PI to tail Winfield. It worked out for the Yankees in the end. With George out of the way Gene Michael was allowed to build the late 90's Yankee dynasty and not worry about Steinbrenner trading Bernie, Jeter, and Mo away.

The thing is, Syracuse is (or is supposed to be for all intensive purposes) a national brand. At the very least, the program is marketed as "New York's College Team". I'm not saying you can't be absolutely content with the success the program has had (because you can be). But there is no reason to go on the offensive against fans that think the bar can be set higher.

I'm not saying one should or should not care. I'm just saying it's there regardless, which seems to be the point of the thread.
"For all intensive purposes"??? I can't stop laughing.

One could upload the Frank Costanza Buhner rant clip, but what's the point?

One could upload the Frank Costanza Buhner rant clip, but what's the point?

Ahhh I realize what I did there lol. I chuckled.

Let's get another one this year and finally shut this topic down for good.

Ahhh I realize what I did there lol. I chuckled.

Let's get another one this year and finally shut this topic down for good.
'Another one', or even a deep run, would have put this question to rest. However another flame out simply illustrates that we have a much better record of performance in November and December than we do in a March and April. When you are playing for all the marbles early in the season and not developing your bench, you have fewer option later when you need them. Notwithstanding, love what JAB has done for the program and applaud how he has grown and developed as a coach over the years.

Orangedawg said:
'Another one', or even a deep run, would have put this question to rest. However another flame out simply illustrates that we have a much better record of performance in November and December than we do in a March and April. When you are playing for all the marbles early in the season and not developing your bench, you have fewer option later when you need them. Notwithstanding, love what JAB has done for the program and applaud how he has grown and developed as a coach over the years.

Literally nothing this team does will put people like you out of your misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom