Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Not sure why you have to be defensive. I'm stating a fact. The tournament MVP was Melo.
The most important game Oklahoma St, Melo on bench 1st half 3 fouls, down 18, Billy took over the game or we lose.

The most important game Oklahoma St, Melo on bench 1st half 3 fouls, down 18, Billy took over the game or we lose.
This Billy?

I heard he took over Sororities and made them his home away from home. :cool:

upload_2017-3-21_21-7-15-png.92861

Yes!
“Billy Celuck was a 10 foot monster who slept with all our girlfriends in college! And punched us all in the face! And we loved him for it!”

“You know how Celuck served three tours in ‘Nam? Well, I’m in Utica on business a month ago, and I had this eight-foot tall Asian waiter which made me a little curious, so I asked him his name, and sure enough, it’s Ho Tran Celuck!”

“Billy Celuck was a 10 foot monster who slept with all our girlfriends in college! And punched us all in the face! And we loved him for it!”

“You know how Celuck served three tours in ‘Nam? Well, I’m in Utica on business a month ago, and I had this eight-foot tall Asian waiter which made me a little curious, so I asked him his name, and sure enough, it’s Ho Tran Celuck!”
Kudos mark. Brassky stuff gets me every time

Fired, hmmm??? Maybe there's some truth to the reporting...

Or the Board is overreacting. Who knows?
Maybe both. Miller never said I'm innocent of this. Having said that, if you are going to ruin a person's life, you really should have more than one source. If not, you better have heard the taped call yourself. You really should have your facts straight. Like when the taping took place. Both can be true. Miller can be guilty (probably is) and ESPN can be guilty of rushing a story in to print (probably are).

Maybe both. Miller never said I'm innocent of this. Having said that, if you are going to ruin a person's life, you really should have more than one source. If not, you better have heard the taped call yourself. You really should have your facts straight. Like when the taping took place. Both can be true. Miller can be guilty (probably is) and ESPN can be guilty of rushing a story in to print (probably are).
He did say he’d be vindicated.

Yeah, I read the actual article. My initial comments were out of line.

I don’t think they have a recording. Supposedly those are under seal. I think they have a source and it’s probably Dawkins lawyer
That's a terrrible source if he's the only one. Terrible. Would think ESPNs lawyers would demand 2-3 corroborating sources here.

That's a terrrible source if he's the only one. Terrible. Would think ESPNs lawyers would demand 2-3 corroborating sources here.
Think: How many major stories have been presented in the last couple of years without corroborating sources? What "should be" seldom is these days. Journalism is dead.

Think: How many major stories have been presented in the last couple of years without corroborating sources? What "should be" seldom is these days. Journalism is dead.
So true!

Incessant corporate mergers while blending & mixing, entertainment with “journalism” with the primary goal of maximizing profits.

Mark Schlabach is a well-read and connected writer. Those guys can make mistakes too, but he came up in the Washington Post. Solid credentials and habits. I assure you.

It's not that journalism is dead - it's that to find it, you have to sift through all the uninformed commentators, bloggers, political pundits and idiots that seem to dominate our civil discourse.

Last edited:
Mark Schlabach is a well-read and connected writer. Those guys can make mistakes too, but he came up in the Washington Post. Solid credentials and habits. I assure you.
Agreed. I would be absolutely shocked if his one source was a defendent's counsel.

People here trash ESPN's reporting, but outside the lines is excellent and historically so are their reporters.