Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Just remember people, don’t wish ill will upon SyracuseFan’s favorite team.

You will be insulted.

So, yeah, just another way of saying the NCAA is 'the most crooked of everyone', like you said.
I've said it a million times that it's no different than when Bud Selig was running baseball. They turned a million (or maybe it was a billion) blind eyes to the steroid issue until they couldn't stuff their pockets anymore. Eventually they were forced to do something about it but for many years they let the baseball flourish. They never should have let Selig into the HOF but they did. Eventually they will let Clemens and Bonds in as well.

Offered without comment, here's a list of his clients.
Agent Client Lists - RealGM

Just going off this list, Miller has 50 players listed who played college basketball. Of those 50, nine schools have two or more players who chose Miller as their agent: Alabama, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Pitt, Syracuse, Texas, and Villanova.

That doesn't really mean much in itself since some schools that were already caught only have only one player associated with Miller (e.g. Tarczewski & Arizona, Siva & Louisville), while some players are far apart in time that makes it unlikely (Billups and Burks at Colorado for example). Of these nine schools, Villanova leads the way with four players (Lowry, Pena, Allen, and Wayns). Syracuse has Rakeem Christmas and Malachi Richardson listed. Take all of this information as you will. Read into it, don't read into it, only time will tell.

JB doesn’t play this game. Sorry I but I don’t believe we are one of the schools.

If it’s only 8 of the top 16 then okay it’s not everyone.

Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona, UCLA scream the blue bloods.

8 of the 16 and dozens of others. Wouldn't it be surprising if we WEREN'T on that long list?

I say that if 50 programs are involved, inclding the blue bloods, the NCAA will declare that since everbody did it, nobody gained an advantage so no "crime" was committed. NO HARM, NO FOUL.
No wheelhouse

When you read this stuff it makes more and more sense why guys like Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan left for the NBA.

Let's be clear about SU's 2 investigations by the NCAA. When the first one occurred, I waited for the bomb to drop. The bomb here would be paying for players, or systematically changing grades or letting players pass without doing any work. Nothing of the sort came to light. Instead it was a laundry list of petty BS, that did not help recruiting at all and that all programs did everywhere. I'm sure everyone is aware of the heinous infractions from the last raid. No big money payolla found after 10 freaking years of tampering with the SU program. The NCAA is run by the powerful teams and they use it's authority to hold back or weaken teams that are a threat to that cartel. And now they are going to pay dearly for this and Jim Boeheim and Syracuse will be vindicated. The University should sue the hell out of these institutions for loss of income and whatever else they can think up. There's the money for a new facility. That money is really money that these institutions stole from Syracuse by creating this unfair, rigged system.

Should we be worried Mali and Rak's agent is the source of much of the FBI's information?

youbetcha.jpg

If our name is anywhere near this thing, we're toast. More than most others, being on probation until 3/2020

Should we be worried Mali and Rak's agent is the source of much of the FBI's information?

View attachment 122654

If our name is anywhere near this thing, we're toast. More than most others, being on probation until 3/2020
Memo to Cuse: Deny everything and please do not self report anything. Fat, dumb and stupid is the best way to get through this.

Fair enough. The wins and losses don't support it - but if it's 50 programs, you could say for 90% the wins/losses don't support it.

You are way closer to the program than I am, so you definitely have a better idea than I do though.

Just to clarify, I'm expressing my opinion only. I have ZERO first hand knowledge of anything here.

BUT, I can look at the lay of the land and surmise that we might not be at as much risk as some fear. For one thing, we've backed out of high profile recruitments of big time players we were involved with, when the demand for cash manifested [I'm looking at you, Anthony Davis]. Second, I look at the list of recruits we've landed in the last 10 years or so--let's just arbitrarily draw the line in the sand beginning with our awesome 2010 squad--and I don't really see any players that we would have legitimately funneled money to land. We sure didn't pay the likes of Scoop, Kris, Andy, Rick, or Arinze to come here. Wes was a transfer, so unlikey that he was paid. Over that entire span of time until the present, which players might fit the bill? Lydon? No. Mali--perhaps as a McD's, but unlikely. CJ, no. Maybe Fab. Maybe Dion. Not MCW. Not Cooney. Gbinije was a transfer, so again no. Rakim--doubtful. Not Ennis. Not Battle. Not Frank. Maybe McCullough. And please note that I'm not suggesting that anything illegal happened with Dion, McCullough, or anybody else -- just that looking long term, we don't have players who fit that profile for the most part. Third, if JB was doing this stuff while the NCAA is investigating our program for 8 years, I'd be shocked.

People can say, "be careful what you wish for," but honestly -- if JB was involved with this, then that's the third strike as far as I'm concerned, and he's got to go.

If not, then we legitimately don't have anything to worry about.

I'd be much more concerned if I were a Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas fan right now reading that report. Maybe add Michigan State to the list.

Again, the above represents my opinion ONLY.

Just to clarify, I'm expressing my opinion only. I have ZERO first hand knowledge of anything here.

BUT, I can look at the lay of the land and surmise that we might not be at as much risk as some fear. For one thing, we've backed out of high profile recruitments of big time players we were involved with, when the demand for cash manifested [I'm looking at you, Anthony Davis]. Second, I look at the list of recruits we've landed in the last 10 years or so--let's just arbitrarily draw the line in the sand beginning with our awesome 2010 squad--and I don't really see any players that we would have legitimately funneled money to land. We sure didn't pay the likes of Scoop, Kris, Andy, Rick, or Arinze to come here. Wes was a transfer, so unlikey that he was paid. Over that entire span of time until the present, which players might fit the bill? Lydon? No. Mali--perhaps as a McD's, but unlikely. CJ, no. Maybe Fab. Maybe Dion. Not MCW. Not Cooney. Gbinije was a transfer, so again no. Rakim--doubtful. Not Ennis. Not Battle. Not Frank. Maybe McCullough. And please note that I'm not suggesting that anything illegal happened with Dion, McCullough, or anybody else -- just that looking long term, we don't have players who fit that profile for the most part. Third, if JB was doing this stuff while the NCAA is investigating our program for 8 years, I'd be shocked.

People can say, "be careful what you wish for," but honestly -- if JB was involved with this, then that's the third strike as far as I'm concerned, and he's got to go.

If not, then we legitimately don't have anything to worry about.

I'd be much more concerned if I were a Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas fan right now reading that report. Maybe add Michigan State to the list.

Again, the above represents my opinion ONLY.
Some of the players you mentioned to be in the clear are higher caliber than some already implicated. I think it's naive to think they are all above (or below) it. I would be surprised if our coaches had a hand in money exchanges but not surprised one bit if our players took money from an outside source.

Personally I think some of you guys are paranoid. Pretty much everyone we sign outside of a few guys the past couple years are under the radar prospects nobody else found.

I think any school signing multiple top 5-10 guys is most definitely the biggest culprit here, as are the Bruce Pearls of the world.