Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Is he projected as a PG or SG in college? It looks like the recruiting sites are split 50/50.

Anyway, Arizona picked up a commitment from Top 30 2014 PG Parker Jackson-Cartwright over the weekend. 5'8" 150!

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=5732
He's a combo and can play both positions. His old man prefers him to play PG in college. Zona and Florida were the other schools being talked about outside of SU, but as you mentioned Zona picked up a commitment from a 2014 guard.

Id bet money he'll be a pg.
I think he had a tweet a few months ago that showed his displeasure with being labeled a shooting guard by some of the recruiting services.

Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
Isaiah Briscoe seated right there behind the #shbb bench
imagepng_2_2.png

Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
Isaiah Briscoe seated right there behind the #shbb bench

Briscoe & Ennis were sitting right behind the SHU bench when 'Cuse came to town as well, it looked like the entire St. Ben's team was there. Briscoe made a great "bitter beer face" on one of MCW's alley-oop dunks from BT & began jabbing Ennis in the ribs as if to say "that could be us in a few years". I'm probably looking at the sequence through my "Orange glasses" but they were definitely enjoying themselves.

Sorry, on my tablet and dont know how to post twitter feeds but sounds like Briscoe and Whitehead both put on a show tonight for NJ Playaz at the boo Williams tourny tonight. Multiple tweets about their performance, mostly Briscoe. Love to get him signed soon, know its still real early but he seems like he wants to play the recruiting game out a bit... me not likey that scenario.

Dude looks like Paul Pierce.

Is he actually Kyrie Irving's cousin? Feel like that something we'd be hearing a lot about if true

Possibly.

Isaiah name drops his cousin in a USAToday blog: http://socialhub.usatodayhss.com/social-hub/blogs/item/227-boogies-world-the-isaiah-briscoe-blog

And in another article it is stated that Kyrie is his cousin. It's only two articles, but I find it hard to believe that Briscoe would lie about something like this. http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/06/the-isaiah-briscoe-interview-a-boogie-up-production/

Remember, there is a colloquial use of the word cousin that we learned only after 3 or 4 years of thinking Dion and Scoop were actually related.

UCLA has joined the offer club for Briscoe. Plans to visit Zona and UF soon. Hearing Zona is a real threat in this battle.

If we werent so stocked at guard (im including Joseph /whitehead in the 2014 class) along with the other sgs already here and ennis, me thinks Isaiah would have already committed with papa dukes blessing. Either way were fine...hopefully theres more room at the inn for Tyus Battle in 16

If we werent so stocked at guard (im including Joseph /whitehead in the 2014 class) along with the other sgs already here and ennis, me thinks Isaiah would have already committed with papa dukes blessing. Either way were fine...hopefully theres more room at the inn for Tyus Battle in 16
Paulie, you think we can get both Joseph n Whitehead or do you think it's an either or situation?

I'd think or at least hope either or. . .

If we go with Joseph it's all in on him because I think he'd develop into a stud under JB.

Whitehead seems to be a kid who likes the lights on him or the attention...maybe hoping to play a bigger role than he needs to right away.

Florida state too

@TheRecruitScoop: UCLA & Florida State have offered 2015 guard Isaiah Briscoe of the New Jersey Playaz.

Paulie, you think we can get both Joseph n Whitehead or do you think it's an either or situation?

I think the staff would make it work like theyve done a ton in the past...But with Whitehead I just cant see him committing if Joseph commits first...but hopefully he realizes he would start at the 2 imo or at the minimum get 20-25 mins a game regardless if Joseph is here or not...everything ive heard about him lately has been extremely positive

I think the staff would make it work like theyve done a ton in the past...But with Whitehead I just cant see him committing if Joseph commits first...but hopefully he realizes he would start at the 2 imo or at the minimum get 20-25 mins a game regardless if Joseph is here or not...everything ive heard about him lately has been extremely positive

I hope these guys also realize that if they all come they're going to be immortalized as National Champions.

We're so thin, so desperate at SG and backup PG. For someone we've been recruiting for 4-5 yrs, with close relationships to former, current, and future players... someone who already came very close to committing once already ... if we don't land Briscoe I'd be pretty shocked.

Elite kids are not going to walk into a backup role though, anywhere. It would take one heck of sales job

We're so thin, so desperate at SG and backup PG. For someone we've been recruiting for 4-5 yrs, with close relationships to former, current, and future players... someone who already came very close to committing once already ... if we don't land Briscoe I'd be pretty shocked.
Not sure if we'll be so thin or desperate at guards if we have PG-Ennis, Joseph? SG-Mike G, Whitehead?, Buss, Cooney, BJ. I mentioned before that elite players aren't afraid of competition but if other big time programs are offering an easier path to start and get plenty of minutes right away, then it makes the choice to go elsewhere more attractive. Still plenty to play out here and I doubt any decision will be made till next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom