It’s early, but really impressed with Devo’s announcing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It’s early, but really impressed with Devo’s announcing

He was great, especially when you factor in he was working with Matt who was horrendous.
This. MP is the worst pXp guy in the country. Really bizarre with all the national talent we’ve produced.

Was at the Dome so I missed this. Is this a one-off or is he likely to do more?

He was open to criticizing guys though. He harped on Judah a bit.
Yeah, he pointed out a few times things that Judah could do better. He was also 100% correct. That said, you could tell he also respects Judah's talent - just wants to see him do a little more at times (especially on the defensive end).

Was at the Dome so I missed this. Is this a one-off or is he likely to do more?
Probably a one time for now. I thought I'd read that Matt Roe was doing the game with MP but Mike Waters tweeted out before the game that Matt Roe's son was playing his first game tonight for Radford, I think at UNC. So maybe MR wanted to watch, or be at, his son's game.

That was also the radio broadcast, correct? If so, it's fine to be a homer.
I don't think it was also the radio broadcast. MP & Devo were sitting on the bleacher side of the court where the TV broadcasters sit. I thought I saw someone else sitting on the bench side with the former coach (Satalin?) Who does the radio broadcast where MP sits to do radio.

Devo was fine but Park is a trainwreck
Probably a few rounds of domefoam and more hotdogs consumed than Joey Chestnut on 4th of July in the back room there, I don’t blame him, it’s the first game!

Could not agree more.

He might have been rooting, but not your typical homer color guy.

Wasn’t afraid to call guys out.

Thought he was especially good in calling out nuances of the zone. Pointed out the Brown foul on the 4-pointer was actually Bell’s bad for example.

Not sure if he’d be as good on a non-SU game, but he’s very effective as an Orange analyst.

Naturally candid with an economy of words.
That’s why Red took Bell out. He didn’t bump down and caused Brown to cover the corner.

This. MP is the worst pXp guy in the country. Really bizarre with all the national talent we’ve produced.
The country though? You listen to that many pxp guys?

6a19d401-db09-4b8d-8e86-68ae1d709594_text.gif

Outside of the "Yeah Judah", he was solid in his ACCN debut.

He was calm and collected. Dispensed criticism when warranted. As he gets more reps on camera, he'll do well.

I hope if any of our coaches move on Eric gets a look, I think he would be a dynamic recruiter.

Yes. Sirius radio does that. Just flipping around games in the car. Amazed how bad he is. Ironically hear a lot of former Newhouse kids in other markets and are sooo much better. MP must have blackmail on someone at Learfield

Could not agree more.

He might have been rooting, but not your typical homer color guy.

Wasn’t afraid to call guys out.

Thought he was especially good in calling out nuances of the zone. Pointed out the Brown foul on the 4-pointer was actually Bell’s bad for example.

Not sure if he’d be as good on a non-SU game, but he’s very effective as an Orange analyst.

Naturally candid with an economy of words.
Hopefully, he can take some Newhouse courses to refine his delivery. Guy has a future doing sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom