It is frustrating... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It is frustrating...

I have gerry macs autograph, grew up 15 minutes from where he did and fished at the same lake at the same time. Yet for some reason i struggle finding a good conversation on here. No one wants to know about how much bigger my fish was than Gerry's.
That is pure BS. I love fishing and I really want to know how much bigger your fish was. And I don't want any BS directions to an abandoned mine pond when I want to know where you guys we're fishing.

Last edited:
That is pure BS. I love finishing and I really want to know how much bigger your fish was. And I don't want any BS directions to an abandoned mine pond when I want to know where you guys we're fishing.

Tingley and Page lake in northeast PA. and my fish was a 19 inch goodyear tire.. but still bigger than the one gerry caught at the other end of tingley lake.

So wait, is this character being abused certainly fictitious and a parody of other users? I haven't gotten around to drinking yet and actually felt bad seeing anyone take this kind of abuse. Ive been there before and it isn't a lot of fun, but if this guy/gal has actually been a fan as long as they say, it would seem they deserve at least a modicum of respect and maybe some empathy involving understanding what internet culture has become. Please aim your vitriol at me instead. The examples used were clearly just to show they have long been a fan and had a less limited scope of experience and maturity than some on here, which not surprisingly didn't translate.

I wonder if I am a masochist for generally defending the underdog that is being gang-raped on here, but I must be building karma points, or at least character...regardless if the account is real. If this account was indeed real, it shows the kind of backlash the locking of that thread had yesterday, which I didn't support either. Y'all don't hate the Swiss as much as the French on here, do you?

So wait, is this character being abused certainly fictitious and a parody of other users? I haven't gotten around to drinking yet and actually felt bad seeing anyone take this kind of abuse. Ive been there before and it isn't a lot of fun, but if this guy/gal has actually been a fan as long as they say, it would seem they deserve at least a modicum of respect and maybe some empathy involving understanding what internet culture has become. Please aim your vitriol at me instead. The examples used were clearly just to show they have long been a fan and had a less limited scope of experience and maturity than some on here, which not surprisingly didn't translate.

I wonder if I am a masochist for generally defending the underdog that is being gang-raped on here, but I must be building karma points, or at least character...regardless if the account is real. If this account was indeed real, it shows the kind of backlash the locking of that thread had yesterday, which I didn't support either. Y'all don't hate the Swiss as much as the French on here, do you?

Whatever you say, Heisenberg.

OOneoEb.jpg
Meh...Danny Schayes has my autograph. Seriously he does, of course he's probably wondering why some guy in Cincinnati (one of the few cities he did not play NBA basketball for...no fault of his) just emailed him his signature.

CaptainJ: Stop! Let... him... go! I am ready to redeem him. Take me!

Red Cloak: [stands up from his throne] You do realise what you are taking upon yourself... in doing this?

CaptainJ: Yes!

[there is a pause as the masked and cloaked cult members murmer and gasp while McNabb05 looks on]

Red Cloak: Then, it shall be done. Take him away.

[to McNabb05]

Red Cloak: Mister... you are free to go.
image.jpg

Actually, I'd like to hear a Jim Brown story, or an Ernie Davis story. I don't think that's going to happen now.

The ridicule of a long time board member? Not good.

Oh go tell your stories to a wall. I'm sure it'll make a better audience than us, because YOU go to games, and of course no one else does (for the record, I don't...because I live in Texas, and that's a hell of a commute).

I can't stand any "you guys should be begging to talk to me!" attitude and your post was the best example I've seen in a long time.

So for that, I guess we really SHOULD thank you. I needed a good chuckle.

(Oh and my dad coached Danny Schayes in CYO ball so I guess you should want to talk to ME, eh?)
Danny Schayes is Jewish...I doubt he played CYO basketball. ;-)

This is a great place to get information and to speculate. However, the immaturity, the nonsense, and the attacks make joining a discussion pointless. After reading the post about reigning in the nonsense, I thought I might sign up.

Considering that I have a Danny Schayes autograph, and have seen a football game in Archibold Stadium, I might find some interesting conversation. If you have nothing to add or can't make a constructivge argument, why waste time insulting or attacking someone? I don't get it.

If you are a registered user, then you must be a fan of some sort. They are 23-0, ranked #1 in both polls, and on the verge of one of the best seasons ever. If that isn't a reason to be dancing on the roof tops and loving everyone that wears Orange, I don't know what is. Considering the beatings the football team took last season, this should be the happiest damn message board in sports.

So as this is going to be the last time I post on a message board,

So long, I'll see you at the game.

What, you don't go to the games? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Seeing as how I have had my choice of seats for the last 60 home football games.
Wait . . . 23-0 . . . ranked #1 . . . ?
th

Last edited:
CaptainJ: Stop! Let... him... go! I am ready to redeem him. Take me!

Red Cloak: [stands up from his throne] You do realise what you are taking upon yourself... in doing this?

CaptainJ: Yes!

[there is a pause as the masked and cloaked cult members murmer and gasp while McNabb05 looks on]

Red Cloak: Then, it shall be done. Take him away.

[to McNabb05]

Red Cloak: Mister... you are free to go.
View attachment 7764

I laughed out loud for real and even got a little spray on my screen(dont worry, it wasn't beer). That was good writing... I don't remember all those cloaks and such, was that from Eyes Wide Shut? Anyhow I hope you get a lot of likes for that, you deserve it. Of course I might not be as elated if I knew what came next(no need to tell me).

I laughed out loud for real and even got a little spray on my screen(dont worry, it wasn't beer). That was good writing... I don't remember all those cloaks and such, was that from Eyes Wide Shut? Anyhow I hope you get a lot of likes for that, you deserve it. Of course I might not be as elated if I knew what came next(no need to tell me).
Haha, yes. Eyes Wide Shut. Its not a hugely popular movie so I'm not sure how many people will get it. I'm glad you did haha.

If you're referring to McNabb05, he has been a member of this board for less than 24 hours.

I gave you a like for pointing that out, but I believe they pointed out being a long time lurker first time caller, plus a member of past incarnations(maybe scout, rivals, and/or prodigy). Not that it's of extreme importance, but thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone is skimming due to this thread growing in length.

I gave you a like for pointing that out, but I believe they pointed out being a long time lurker first time caller, plus a member of past incarnations(maybe scout, rivals, and/or prodigy). Not that it's of extreme importance, but thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone is skimming due to this thread growing in length.

And I will accept that 'like'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom